wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Streets of Rage destroyed deez

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
JOE can't be included...
I've had the urge to play some Burning Fight for a minute...
They're all cult classics imo..
Out of all of them,ROBO ARMY didn't hold up for me...Great idea but the enemies are so uninteresting..it falls in between being not corny enough and not cool enough.
BTW,All the Sengokus kick arse in their own right..People who dislike 3 probably haven't spent enough time with it but it's the best of the bunch imo with installment 2 coming in third place.Sengoku 2 is too short and the finale is lame with the bosses crawling on the ground..Sengoku 2 didn't provide enough of the Nazi soldiers throughout the levels among other things..
BB

Last edited:

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Are you referring to Genesis Streets of Rage? That sh8t is unplayable for me..oh,it's terrible now imo..
BB
SoR was always mediocre at best. Never really liked it.
SoR 2 on the other hand is a masterpiece.
The third one... Above average.
4 is pretty fun.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Why are Sengoku 2 & 3 on this list? They're way better than the first game.
LOSJ is the worst game on the list.
Burning Fight can't match Final Fight, but it has it's own charm.

promking

Armored Scrum Object
The combo system is awesome in Sengoku 3! It could have been easily one of the best best em ups ever if it was just polished a little bit more. I mean all beat ‘em ups have the same enemies over and over but I guess that rubs people the wrong way in the Neo world? Graphics, sprites and gameplay it blows all of the other games out of the water.

I love how generic burning fight is… it’s prob my favorite on the list. It’s a solid B game lol.
Mutation nation is great as well, I’ve played mutant rampage on cdi and that is god awful.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Why do you say that?
Burning Fight is fun to navigate, I'm always expecting something different to occur whereas Final Fight is more like cookie cutter and a chore to play nowadays imo.
I mean,I've long been over the wow factor of Final Fight but find myself still intrigued with Burning Fight.
BB

KGRAMR

Another Striker
I'll have to go with Ashita no Joe. Seriously, how in the flying fuck this Game was released as is? I can find some kind of enjoyment with 8man, and more so with Ninja Combat, Mutation Nation, and Sengoku 3 (i like that game more than any entry in the trilogy but my opinion may change when i fire up the emulators to play them again).

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Burning Fight is fun to navigate, I'm always expecting something different to occur whereas Final Fight is more like cookie cutter and a chore to play nowadays imo.
I mean,I've long been over the wow factor of Final Fight but find myself still intrigued with Burning Fight.
BB
I'm kind of surprised because Burning Fight is what feels like a cookie cutter chore to me. There's some interesting bits here and there in the first two stages, but it's mostly just beating up the same dudes over and over and over again in fairly uninspired levels once you're past them. It gets really bad later on when the game just throws cheap ass Duffys at you a million times and the game's pace grinds to a halt. Even worse once the super high HP mid-bosses/bosses get tossed in with them.

The combat also just feels boring and there's no real defining differences between the three playable characters. Mash the A button and they all pretty much attack the same way in combat with fists getting thrown around like they have problems.

Final Fight had that secret sauce of keeping the pace going, fair (for an arcade game) challenge, interesting enemies that attacked in varied enough ways, and the playable characters all feeling different enough from each other to matter.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Sengoku 2 is perfectly solid for a 1993 Neo game.

Sengoku 3 is nowhere near as good as a 2001 Noise Factory game should by all rights be.

Therefore, Sengoku 2 > Sengoku 3

I have spoooooooooookekkkkkeeeeeeeeennnnnnnn

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Speaking of Final Fight, I played through it the other day and in the first bonus round where you destroy the car, I wondered what would happen if I didn't attack the car. Would the guy come out and still fall to his knees and cry, "Oh, my car!"?

Well. As it turns out, no, he doesn't.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Speaking of Final Fight, I played through it the other day and in the first bonus round where you destroy the car, I wondered what would happen if I didn't attack the car. Would the guy come out and still fall to his knees and cry, "Oh, my car!"?

Well. As it turns out, no, he doesn't.
Isn't it only if you clear the stage on time?