Vote on the worst beat em up for Neo Geo

Worst Neo Geo beat em up

• Total voters

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Wasn't sure if 8Man should count...

Also not sure if Spinmaster and Top Hunter should count, those are more about jumping and obstacles.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Why the negativity of late, goob?

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Every game on this list is bad, I'm sorry to say.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I've always had a soft spot for King of the Monsters 2. Why's it bad? The final stage?

Sengoku 2 used to be unimpeachable. Seems like the tides have turned against it.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Every game on this list feels like it was developed by people that don’t play games.

Common enemies in Sengoku 3 take like a minute to defeat. Pure, unadulterated tedium.

Sengoku 2 is the best game on this list. Burning Fight is fun for the backgrounds, I guess, but it’s a pretty crappy game.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Anyone that thinks Sengoku 3 or Burning Fight is worse than Legend of Success Joe is either trolling or needs their head examined.

If we take the obvious stinker out of the equation though, I have to give the nod to Burning Fight. It's pretty ok the first few stages, but once it starts throwing a bunch of Duffys and mini-bosses/bosses with a fuck ton of health at you, it gets tedious as all hell.

Sengoku 3 just needs a mod to speed the game up and lower the amount of time enemies stay on the ground, and it would be fantastic.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Almost all of those games are horrible.

Mutation Nation and Robo Army are okay. I don't remember ever playing Ninja Combat. The rest are trash.

Fygee

20 Year Member
I’ll say it again: Mutation Nation is vastly underrated.
Agreed. Between that and Sengoku 1 and 2, it's the one I go back to play the most. It was weird and a lot of fun. Shame they never made any sequels.

The final boss and that brain head boss with the floating rocks were super lame though. Only bad things about it.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Almost all of those games are horrible.

Mutation Nation and Robo Army are okay. I don't remember ever playing Ninja Combat. The rest are trash.
Sengoku 2?

I want to know why people turned on Sengoku 2. Was it all just posers back in the day trying to be hardcore?

Fygee

20 Year Member
Sengoku 2?

I want to know why people turned on Sengoku 2. Was it all just posers back in the day trying to be hardcore?
I don't get this either.

IMO Sengoku 1 and 2 are the best beat-em ups on the system. I'm particularly partial to Sengoku 1 as it was the first Neo game I ever played.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Sengoku 3 just needs a mod to speed the game up and lower the amount of time enemies stay on the ground, and it would be fantastic.

Sengoku 3 needs to be faster, shorter, and the baddies less of an abuse sponge.
Mutation Nation is the best BEU on the NEO•GEO otherwise.
Kinda weird because this whole genre really seems like one that the NG should excel in.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I've always had a soft spot for King of the Monsters 2. Why's it bad? The final stage?

Sengoku 2 used to be unimpeachable. Seems like the tides have turned against it.
Yes it's the final stage that kills KOTM2. Without a doubt the worst slog ever. A full boss rush of everything fought previously, plus the final boss that takes a week and 99 credits to defeat.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Beat em ups on the Neo Geo should have been a no brainer. What a perfect system for them. But nope, they were (at best) mediocre, and more times than not, usually garbage. I remember buying Mutation Nation without even playing it back in the day. What I received was a huge disappointment. What a turd.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Sengoku 3 by a mile. Since it was such a late release it should have been way, way better. It was so monotonous and dull. Almost all other beat em ups on the system get at least a little pass due to them being such early games.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Sengoku 2 is easily tops for me, followed closely by Mutation Nation. Sengoku 2 is just bonkers in its setting and variety. An easy win for game night, especially with friends not into games.

SNK & ADK stretched themselves a little too thin trying to pump out a smattering of games in the early days trying to support their new hardware, but quality control on most of these earlier releases was shit. Hit stun and player feedback? What's that? Lol

These games get no free pass for being "early" Neo games from me. The genre was well established and generously iterated upon by 1990. Games like Final Fight and the original TMNT were both out a year before the MVS even launched.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Beat em ups on the Neo Geo should have been a no brainer. What a perfect system for them. But nope, they were (at best) mediocre, and more times than not, usually garbage. I remember buying Mutation Nation without even playing it back in the day. What I received was a huge disappointment. What a turd.
The woman boss with multiple arms, well her tits bounce. That was nice at least.