Vitamins and Supplements

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Not really prompted by any real specific health reasons, I started taking a multi-vitamin every morning. After a year, the verdict is still out on whether or not it actually helps however my mindset says if I wasn't taking it, my health would be a lot worse. Case in point: so far this winter season, I really haven't caught my annual massive cold/flu that lays me out in bed for a week or two. Been run down with a cold maybe once or twice but by the next day, I'm moving and working about.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Usually about 20-30 mins , it's really gay to say this... But I really enjoy my Peloton.

I need to start lifting again, two MCL reconstructive surgeries and a spinal fusion. ( Here I go making excuses )
I stopped lifting heavy, because I was afraid of injuring myself again. When I couldn't mountain bike, and play football 3x a week... I kind of gained weight slowly over the last 10 years.
I used to be huge into lifting could sumo squat over 500, squat in the 500 range... Bench was always my weakest at 225.
I used to love the stronglifts program. Before my son was born I had a religious sports and workout regime.

I tried working out at home lifting wise, and all it did was collect dust.
This is the year I'm going to make a lot of changes, and actually fix my life before it's to late.
Damn that sucks. How did you get those injuries? Unfortunately one needs to lift heavy for longevity imo based on science (not “science”) for muscle but also bone health. Luckily though there are lots of alt exercises if you do have injuries. Also many peeps underestimate what a good stretching routine can addto your physical fitness.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Truthfully the only life changing vitamin / supplement is Pre Workout. Get this shit in your body and GOOOOO. Improved every aspect of my life. Current favorite is Ghost: Legend All Out - any flavor. They had this sweet TMNT Ooze flavor for a while that really got me going, but it's discontinued.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'm not sure how it is in the UK, but bread in the US is mostly just processed sugar with little to no nutritional value.
Well that sucks.

Get a breadmaker. You just throw a few bits of shit in, put it on a timer and have nice, healthy, not-cake bread when you wake up in the morning.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Truthfully the only life changing vitamin / supplement is Pre Workout. Get this shit in your body and GOOOOO. Improved every aspect of my life. Current favorite is Ghost: Legend All Out - any flavor. They had this sweet TMNT Ooze flavor for a while that really got me going, but it's discontinued.
I really mean this, I'd take anabolic steroids before I started fucking around drinking teenage mutant ninja turtle juice in my 40s

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I eat a multi gummy most days.

I'm not sure how it is in the UK, but bread in the US is mostly just processed sugar with little to no nutritional value.
There is definitely more sugar and preservatives in US bread and the ingredient list is longer. Same goes for most mass produced items.

Aldi's marble rye is my favorite store bread as of late or I'll bake my own loaves in my Zojirushi.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Tbh like 90% of this forum should be on trt

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
My annual physical is in a couple weeks. I will consult my physician.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Take no supplements just a varied diet. Bloodwork is literally perfect.

But vitamins!

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
sun
sex
sleep
lift heavy
eat clean
don’t drink calories
10k steps a day.

Try it, it’ll change your life.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
supplements -> bullshit

Eat more instead of taking this.

doaal

Marked Wolf
ZMA for the sleep gainz, D and Omega 3 for everything else.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
There was a brand of bread called Schmidt 647 bread. 40 calories per slice, lots of fiber, and overall a good flavor. It was in VA, not so much in NC though.

Honestly, just eating a balanced diet with nutrient rich veggies, unrefined carbs and adequate protein for your weight, as well as half your body weight in ounces of water is the easiest way to get your body what it needs without buying supplements.

Top that with the insane regulation issues with supplements, no guarantee that what your consuming actually has the needed item in it, and tons of trash on the market, it's a no brainer to just eat healthy foods.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Even though you've been gone ten years, I thought "Joe would know."
Probably tied with the thing I'm most knowledgeable about along with exercise, Horror movies, and terrible movies that nobody should ever watch.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I honestly doubt people get enough vitamin d3 even if baking outside in the sun. Omega 3 too unless you eat exclusively fish and seafood and even then.There is a clear difference between normal levels ie average and optimal. Youre right though you need to research your supplements and make sure it has what it has. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3068797/ In any case Supplements are just that , a supplement to a good diet. If any peeps are interested in learning more on longevity peter attia and rhonda patrick are dome good listens.