Virtual Boy Arcade Cabinet

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
the way i solved the problem with the shitty stand was to just lay down on my back, and rest the thing on my chest and face.t
hat is a MUCH better solution though, good job.

My friend who has a Virtual Boy did the exact same thing to play it. Definitely much more comfortable. But this setup looks pretty comfortable as well.

Excellent job!!!! Wasn't sure what to expect to see, but definitely blew away any expectations I could have imagined. If only Nintendo would have done this when it was released, really might have changed the course of history for the Virtual Boy. Guess we'll never know.

SSS

neo retired
I remember years ago someone had a custom stand they made out of one of those old spring arm articulating lamps. They removed the lamp, mounted the VB and installed heavier gauge springs.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Being a fellow dedicated arcade maker, I will say that this is the best thing I have ever seen. really nice!

Dio Brando

Mickey's Coach
2011-06-07-time-00-23-50-day-2.jpg
:crying:

A very impressive project, dude!

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Hi Everyone,

I converted a Virtual Boy into an arcade cabinet inspired after Atari's Battlezone.
Nicely done. The goggles in the front also remind me of the old Sega classic SubRoc 3D, which showed a double-image on the monitor as you looked into the goggles with two spinning discs to give you a simulated 3D look as well as not-so simulated headaches.

EVIL NICK

ALL CAPS,
20 Year Member
This is hands down the best project I have seen in a long while. Great job dude. ;)

Tighe

Cheng's Errand Boy
WOW! Thanks!

WOW Guys! I am blown away with all the positive feedback! I don't know where to start, but I REALLY appreciate it!

Tighe

Cheng's Errand Boy
A person on the BYOAC forums noticed I put Gunpey instead of Gunpei. I corrected it:

2011-06-12-time-19-05-07-day-0.jpg