Virtua Fighter 5 meet up and matches thread.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
VF5.

Hit me up for some games. I am loving this online.

Tag is MilkManX

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Yuckmud=Moon Jump81

As I said in the other thread, I don't have a stick yet, so I only play Player Battles, no ranked anything for me till I get a Joystick that WORKS.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Thats the way I feel. I find myself even avoiding the game now, I dont want to get accustomed to playing without the arcade stick, thankfully one is coming very soon in the mail.

Kristoff

Another Striker
Ohm

I got myself up early early this morning to swing by the UPS depot to pick up my DSL modem. I'd be having problems getting it delivered. The UPS guy refused to hide the package behind the rocks. /sigh

Anyway, I should be good to go for online play now.

GameTag: ReverendCaliber
Playing Goh named ¿Ohm?

Can't wait to get some matches going. Any other Goh players here?

*crickets*... "countersweep crickets, break crickets leg"...

wizkid007

20 Year Member
Alright I am adding everybody to xbox live now.

My stick also came in today. Took 2 days to get here.

Anybody want one, order off the eb site.

Here is the list of everybody.

ReverendCaliber
Bokujin (yagami)
wizshaw
jro3000
Moonjump81
DavidKSNK
VoodooPeople
Moon Jump81
MilkManX

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I'm going to copy everybody in today as well, it's always great to play with real people. I'm calling Amazon/J&R back today to see if they'll be sending me back a new joystick because I haven't gotten an email yet.

wizkid007

20 Year Member
Anybody know how to customize the button layout for the joystick?

It wont let me do it while using it online. I got it working an hour a go, then shut it off. Now it wont work again.

WTF??

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
It's stupid with that. What you have to do is config BOTH sides. You have to config player 1 AND player 2. I had that before.

I hosted a game, and it controlled fine. I did a quick match and the buttons were all fucked up. So just make sure you do BOTH settings and save them and it should work.

Kristoff

Another Striker
wizkid007 said:
Alright I am adding everybody to xbox live now.

Awesome, I'll add everyone tonight. Such a shame that there's no lobby feature. It would be great to get four or five of us in one lobby just like hovering around an actualy VF5 cab. I'll be hoping for a patch, but at least this way we can bounce around with invites.

This is definitely one of the best ways to get seriously good at the game. Find some good buddies and learn to improve off of each other.

wizkid007

20 Year Member
Im on now for anybody that wants to play.

Played yagami already. Great guy to talk too. :)

Kristoff

Another Striker
Yagami'sEvil

Trust nothing that Yagami tells you. He is a machine that runs on tears. He'll be all friendly at first... so that you'll play his Akira you see... then bam, pretty soon your eating palm after palm and the sound of Chi blast stomping is ringing in your ears and when you cry out for mercy... he'll be there. Reading to re-fuel the his engine of pain. :crying:

wizkid007

20 Year Member
Kristoff said:
Trust nothing that Yagami tells you. He is a machine that runs on tears. He'll be all friendly at first... so that you'll play his Akira you see... then bam, pretty soon your eating palm after palm and the sound of Chi blast stomping is ringing in your ears and when you cry out for mercy... he'll be there. Reading to re-fuel the his engine of pain. :crying:

Thats ok. I took the first couple of matches. Im sure he will adapt though and reap his strings of might on me. Ive only played him wth sarah though, and she is lightening fast. I said screw it, im going to use the lag to my advantage and keep the pressure on.

wizkid007

20 Year Member
Well I got my ass handed to me a few times. I ended up throwing my headset across the room.

Fun game though.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
wizkid007 said:
Well I got my ass handed to me a few times. I ended up throwing my headset across the room.

Fun game though.

LOL. Play Loopz(voodoopeople on XBL) and his Kagemaru magic throw will make you just as mad.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
My copy just showed up today.

I don't know how well I will play without a stick though, I've been using one hardcore since Evo on the PS2 and I can't imagine playing with a pad.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
MilkManX said:
LOL. Play Loopz(voodoopeople on XBL) and his Kagemaru magic throw will make you just as mad.

Dude! Stop doing the sweep or roundhouse when you get up. All I'm doing is waiting for you to do that, hovering just outside of throw range, then stepping in and grabbing.

Try to understand...try to understand...try try try to understand...there's no magic man.

If it helps, Fraijo's Pai has the flying kicks that are a pain in the ass to counter.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
GD said:
My copy just showed up today.

I don't know how well I will play without a stick though, I've been using one hardcore since Evo on the PS2 and I can't imagine playing with a pad.

Trust me, hit up EB/GS or Amazon/J&R Music World and get the stick. I hate hearing people bitch and moan about the Hori Stick and it's not a Swana and that other bullshit. The 360's analog and D-Pad are ASS. I'd rather have my old X-Arcade joystick then that.

I have everybody but MilkManX (You're list is full) and Yagami, because it said his name was wrong. Just hit me up with an invite and I'll add you in.

I'll be on tonight after South Park, but if it's a re-run, I'll be on at 10.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
I'm eyeing the Hori stick and considering doing the restrictor plate mod, as I've heard this is possible. I see myself playing this game a shit ton though, so going custom like Loopz did might even be worth the cheddar.

I dunno, I've been messing with the pad tonight and nearly crying at how hard it is to run Akira with it. :crying:

wizkid007

20 Year Member
I bought my hori stick on ebgames. I dont like the store to much but granted I do have to hand it to them. It was here in two days flat. And I am in canada.