Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I can't wait for this fucking game. I'm so fucking in need of some new VF shit that it's not even funny. Because of the outcry from the fighting game community Sega AM2 is now catering to a world market instead of their recent domestic only attitude with VF.

Official Site:
http://www.virtuafighter.jp/vf5fs/index.html

Gameplay Trailers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjAb7wTo628

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYAzeyW7WxM

Loc test vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw3ZFNGmXP0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwTNLTS9JKA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtKZ6P8kQto

From what I've seen so far nearly everything seems much better like the character animations, the additions to the movelists as well as the stage music. The stage music has a slight oldschool videogame sound to it. When I look at this game it just has this slightly more "epic" feel to me. However one thing I kinda noticed that bothers me a bit is it seems like the float combos seem longer by just a bit. We'll just have to wait and see when it get's released.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
lol Download? I'm pretty darn sure it's getting released on consoles. Probably early next year.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
lol Download? I'm pretty darn sure it's getting released on consoles. Probably early next year.

Hopefully

I hate those download shit..........I want to own a physical copy of game in my hand, not a "virtual" one.......:spock:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I usually want to own an actual copy I can hold in my hands, but if it's DLC only, I don't care. I'm getting this if it ever gets released outside of Japan.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
OMG. If this is console release, I will play. I will play it so much the grooves wear down to nothing. And then LAU will be champion. Peace.

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
Sarah Bryant's new butt attack looks "silly - out of place". Other than that, I like what I've seen so far.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
yeah that butt attack is totally uncalled for. It's purpose is nice for mindgames. I guess Sega AM2 is trying to spice things up for a a broader userbase hahaha.

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
Seems like Vanessa now has a grounded stance. The throw she does on Wolf in the vid looks insane. I wonder if down throws with Aoi/Wolf would work on her in this position.

It seems Wolf has taken some moves out of King's moveset. He now has an offensive push and he can do the Shining Wizard as a stand-alone attack (he could only do this after a low parry before). Does Wolf have an automatic kick counter? It looks like he's doing it automatically.

Last edited:

Daedalus

If there's a Bandwagon. I'm on it!
Great looking game, the learning curve from the beginning of te virta fighters was a love hate relationship with me. Watching/playing as a skilled player who knew moves was like a work of art, introducing someone to the game for the first time, or watching the noobs in an arcade, hurt my eyes to watch ( 2 fighters standing face to face taking a full minute to throw a punch or a kick ) LOL all I mean is its not a button masher....

2Heed

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
As one of the few fighting game series that has a canon victor for every tournament in the storyline, I think it's time for this series to let the spotlight shine on a non-Asian-male character. It's always some combination of Akira/Kage in the finals for the most part. Wolf is a pretty cool character design (and his voice acting is hysterical); why not have him or Pai Chan have a victory over one of the token Japanese martial art uber-experts? I know nobody plays these for the storylines, but it would shake things up a bit at least.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
I watched both the gameplay vids it looks very nice indeed, needs a PS3 port.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
( 2 fighters standing face to face taking a full minute to throw a punch or a kick ) LOL all I mean is its not a button masher....

Try fighting someone who uses Lei Fei or Eileen. Virtua Fighter ain't what it used to be. There is a bit more button mashing cheese than before.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Shit, this is pretty awesome. I liked VF4 more than 5, but I really love the series overall. I'm truly awful at it, but I love it all the same.

I plan on getting the PS3 version if anyone wants some easy victories some time. ;)

In the meantime, we all should play some VF5 online, no? I haven't played in a long time, but it might be fun getting destroyed by you guys. :D

My 360 sig is HeartlessNinny if anyone wants a go. Shoot me a PM or a message and we'll schedule a time.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
This is pretty cool. Apparently, I learned that Chibita is a beast in VF. I wanna see how he plays one day.

Oh yeah, I've watched some old SBO videos of him from VF4. He's like the Daigo of VF. What I like the best is that he's a Lion player, like myself. I would love to play against him.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Chibita ain't as badass as he used to be. But if you were the VF champ for a million years eventually you'd start to slow down. I think nowadays Fuudo is the man to beat.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Chibita and Fudo are inferior ports of the man, the myth, the legend: HOMESTAY AKIRA! Can i get an amen, RBJake?! All you physical copy only peeps are frontin'. Ain't no future in it, either. If VF went exclusively to Tiger.com handheld, i would buy it. This shit is cold medina- COL' MEDINA! Can't *wait*. Whooooh!

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Chibita and Fudo are inferior ports of the man, the myth, the legend: HOMESTAY AKIRA! Can i get an amen, RBJake?! All you physical copy only peeps are frontin'. Ain't no future in it, either. If VF went exclusively to Tiger.com handheld, i would buy it. This shit is cold medina- COL' MEDINA! Can't *wait*. Whooooh!

Chibita > Homestay Akira

all day, everyday.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Homestay Akira! Oh man. I remember the old VF DVDs. Unfortunately I'm not so hard core anymore. I think my skills have deterred and I never play in te arcade anymore. I should really dust off my copy of 5 and get my Lau back into training.