Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown Roll Call!

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Yeah, you are right. The DLC is discounted, though, so I might pick up one of the packs.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
okay I bought the complete version, the first time I've ever paid for fucking fighting game costume shit. Gotta support sega for keeping it real though, Their releases on PSN have been so great lately and I've heard sega was doing pretty bad :(.

Chunky Lover 53

Fio's Quartermaster
Just downloaded it for the PS3, Tomorrow 360. The character models are huge compared to VF5 online. Its like AOF
GT PSN ChunkyLover
360 xCHUNKY LOVER53

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
YES, no longer is aoi all cute in her lil kimono shit, she is now a near sighted evil kabuki haired bikini monster with electric arms and the fantasy zone ship backing her up.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Me and Ancient Flounder just duked it out with both of us using a wireless connection. He lives in Vegas and I live in South Mississippi and only the first few matches had lag after that it was a pretty clean games. Was able to hit some one frame moves and do my float combos with ease.

Sega doesn't fuck around when it comes to netcode.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Me and Ancient Flounder just duked it out with both of us using a wireless connection. He lives in Vegas and I live in South Mississippi and only the first few matches had lag after that it was a pretty clean games. Was able to hit some one frame moves and do my float combos with ease.

Sega doesn't fuck around when it comes to netcode.

That's nice and all, cousin'...but who got the hot dicking?!?

WHO ATE THAT STUN PALM SAMMICH?!?

I play, vicariously thru you. 7 hrs is too long to wait; ima go crazy w/out detailed fight logs. Is there YouTube upload fnxnality, ala 3rd Strike?

Win. For the Egrets, mang. For the Pelicans. Win for us.

Last edited:

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
That's nice and all, cousin'...but who got the hot dicking?!?

WHO ATE THAT STUN PALM SAMMICH?!?

I play, vicariously thru you. 7 hrs is too long to wait; ima go crazy.

Win. For the Egrets, mang. For the Pelicans. Win for us.

Me and Todd were about even. His wolf kicked my Akira's ass actually. It was my secondary character Goh that kept me from falling behind. His Wolf and my Goh were throwing each other all over the ring. It was a real grappler match.

FrankZappa

Crossed Swords Squire
PSN:NeoZappa

Will be picking this up soon! Havent played VF since 4evo. If you want to vs a semi-active punching bag im your guy :D just dont get too mad at my lack of skills.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
PSN terry330

I haven't played VF since 5 first came out on the PS3 launch and this is my first time playing with a stick since VF2 in the arcade. But yeah I'm all over this.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Wolf, Jeffery, & kage•maru.

Would love to learn Goh & Vanessa next...body tosses are where it's at! ;^)

You already got some serious characters. You should give Goh a whirl though. Just run through his move list in practice mode. You won't be disappointed, especially with his throws.

Last edited:

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
sticking to my aoi for a bit since I've never taken VF serious I think I need to stick to one character to get them basics down hard. But when it's time to move on to my second character, he will be looking fly right away
IMAG0083.jpg
GGEEEESEEE! or
IMAG0081.jpg
rikimaru :)

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
PSN: plasticnerves

Down to play anytime I'm online!

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
I need to get some snaps of the costumes I've put together for Wolf so far. Been digging using him so far.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Just played some ranked matches. Slowly relearning how to play VF. The game feels really great. Whoever decided to put distortion on the announcer's voice needs to be shot.

It feels so good to play VF again!

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
played a shitload with spin, got fucked up as expected but god damn, I am feeling this game. Great netcode, we are quite far away and the only clue of any kinda of slight delay was us dropping our combos, which went away quickly, either from adapting or connection improving, too subtle to really say which one it was.

matrimelee

Hardened Shock Trooper
PSN: Mustangkilla - I'll join the fray later on today, after I put the kiddos to bed.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I'll update tonight when I'm on my PC. Just loaded up my 360 to find out we get hosed on this. There is no complete version. You have to pay 1200 for the game and 1200 points a piece for both costume packs. Of course you can't directly add 1200 points so you gotta pay 20 dollars for 1600. So with the 500 in my account already I'm just getting Lion's pack and Jean's later if I like him. Well I guess PS3 members deserve a break since VF5 was never online.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
I am ready for tonight on 360. Got the game and after checking out Jean I bought his costume pack. :)

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Was planning on getting this for Xbox 360 since I had VF5 on there and I have a fight stick. However, since Sony decided to give me this game and 11 more free yesterday, I'll be playing this on the PS3. I really need a fight stick! I suck at competitive play though. I played around 12 matches online last night the netcode is pretty darn good. Just a few times did I notice any lag. I'll be adding people on the PS3 side later tonight.

PSN: HokutoKaioh

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
funny how I've loved this series for years but never really truly understood it till this day. It's deep as fuck and you really gotta know your movelists and matchups, but it's not as bad as it's reputation with the frame data and shit. Alot of the frames for move types are pretty much universal, like all elbows and all high and low jabs have pretty much the same frame data, all the knees, sweeps. It's really pretty intuitive, very smart design. I still suck with the basics, but now that I understand them it should be smooth sailing.

What I'm getting at is, the game is nowhere near as intimidating as people make it out to be. The only really intimidating thing is the movelist, In a game like street fighter 2 you can kinda try a new character and get a feel for what that character's potential is long before you truly master all their normals and moves, in VF you really need to put in some time and learn a good chunk of information before you get on that ground floor.