Village idiot needs your help: consolized MVS not working, can't figure out soldering

bwi

20 Year Member
i had them on my neogeo cd but not on the mvs when running through the meister. If your on firmware 2.0 then i adjusted visual set and then v-width down to 32 to make the scan lines even.

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
i had them on my neogeo cd but not on the mvs when running through the meister. If your on firmware 2.0 then i adjusted visual set and then v-width down to 32 to make the scan lines even.

Yep! This was the solution I found online! Worked wonders, strange this only affects the MVS system though. Everything looks great now!

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Glad you consolized your 2-slot man, now post some pics of it! :D

Regards.

ohnozen

n00b
Congrats on getting your 2-slot working! I recently bought a MV-2F myself and am planning on consolizing it as well, and have been trying to make sure I get the right power supply. Glad I found your post :).

Not to thread hijack, but hoping someone can answer: can the +5v mod be skipped if a 12v PSU is used instead?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Congrats on getting your 2-slot working! I recently bought a MV-2F myself and am planning on consolizing it as well, and have been trying to make sure I get the right power supply. Glad I found your post :).

Not to thread hijack, but hoping someone can answer: can the +5v mod be skipped if a 12v PSU is used instead?

The 12v supply is only to power the sound section, you would still need +5v to power the rest of the board. It's easier to just do the +5v mod and use a +5v power supply.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior

You could add a small board with a 7805 regulator to get the +5V from your 12V PSU so you can use a single power supply to power the entire board. It's a simple, easy circuit, but I recommend adding some kind of dissipation on the 7805 as it will run quite hot.

If you don't need the amplified audio to send to a cab speaker, just do the 5V mod.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You also might want to check the 2 slot's current pull. The 7805 is limited in current.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
Gosh, I didn't notice we were talking about a 2 slot, sorry.

The 7805 isn't enough definitely as it can pull a max of 1.5A and making a voltage regulator work near its maximum capabilities is asking for trouble.

You need something stronger like a LM123 which will give you up to 3A of current output. A good heatsink is STRONGLY recommended.