Viewpoint 2064 found on eBay!

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
The winner might be trying to find out how to monetize his purchase. I would understand a limited release reproduction, and then dump the rom for the community.
N64 isn't quite there for repro's tho.

I hope that's the case. Regardless of how 'meh' it looks, I love Viewpoint. I know it wont come close to the original.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I hope that's the case. Regardless of how 'meh' it looks, I love Viewpoint. I know it wont come close to the original.

Love Viewpoint too, but ummm ... this game isn't really Viewpoint due to it's ... (get ready for it) *drumroll* viewpoint

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I still remember when we found Hammer Proto.

2 days later the roms were dumped and released for everyone to enjoy. Not a single cent was charged.
To hell with those hoarding bastards.

As for Viewpoint 2064 - It really looks quite pleasant for a 1999 game for what it is and the system it runs on.
The use of the ram expansion could have done wonders.

Sypth

Mr. Big's Thug
To me the most surprising thing is this guy actually had this thing. He usually lists nothing but crap. Hopefully whoever bought it dumps it pretty quickly.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
To me the most surprising thing is this guy actually had this thing. He usually lists nothing but crap. Hopefully whoever bought it dumps it pretty quickly.

It's not THAT hard to find a prototype if you know what you're doing and where they may turn up.

I own 2. I just kept my eyes open, knew what I was looking at and got lucky in one instance.

There are thousands of prototypes of games out there, not all are fantastic or desired.

It wasn't like this was a hotly anticipated game (for as awesome as it looks.)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I've only owned 1 proto which I found in a thrift store and it was a proto for the SNES.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
The view distance is really like a few meters but other than that it looks pretty neat. Would be interested in how it controls though.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Well, it's a shame it is for the N64, as I have seen draw distances better on the damn 3DO than that! Also, what the hell is with the music? That is no Viewpoint game, despite the ship looking almost like the one in the Neo-Geo... yikes! This game is best kept as a proto, or just as a free rom to the community. $3,000 for that game? I think not...

housethemous

New Challenger
Well, it's a shame it is for the N64, as I have seen draw distances better on the damn 3DO than that! Also, what the hell is with the music? That is no Viewpoint game, despite the ship looking almost like the one in the Neo-Geo... yikes! This game is best kept as a proto, or just as a free rom to the community. $3,000 for that game? I think not...

Whoever bought it definitely did not purchase it for the game play or even a collectors item - I can guarantee you that. I bet it gets sold to a release team or even made as a repro-esqe type thing to profit from.

Thunderblaze16

New Challenger
The N64 could have used more shoot 'em ups. this looks ok at best. That draw distance gave me a chuckle though, maybe it's compatible with the expansion pak, which he wasn't playing with on at the time.

Black_Tiger

Kuroko's Training Dummy
When I first heard about this, I was excited to see what I expected to be a N64 port of the Playstation version of Viewpoint. I was pretty disappointed to see what looked like a leftover 32X game.

The N64 really could have used a solid 2D-style shooter.

Jonathan32

n00b
I like the lock-on feature with the rockets, that draw distance though is pretty bad! Plus I never really cared for the N64 that much anyways. The game does look cool though.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
viewpoint 2064 >king of fighters 14

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
looks great for a prototype.most prototypes look like shit,i mean this looks like a full finished n64 game and the music is kind of sweet.