Vengeance Hunters (Beat 'em Up) for the Neo Geo

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I think the thing about the NeoSD was just a troll post.

amerika

n00b
Perhaps. But I've been it said/asked about a million times. So better to go with it and get info out there.

promking

Armored Scrum Object
I think the thing about the NeoSD was just a troll post.
Nah, I just didn't know if the Pro had a special chip or something. I don't remember the differences between the two, other than I think you can save up to 5 games with the pro, rather than flash everytime?

I would love to buy a rom when available, I'm just burnt out on preordering.
Just got delivery of stuff I ordered from Limited Run almost 2.5 years ago.

amerika

n00b
Nah, I just didn't know if the Pro had a special chip or something. I don't remember the differences between the two, other than I think you can save up to 5 games with the pro, rather than flash everytime?

I would love to buy a rom when available, I'm just burnt out on preordering.
Just got delivery of stuff I ordered from Limited Run almost 2.5 years ago.
There are no special chips running VH. It is entirely Neo-Geo hardware for better or worse! However, we do have chips protecting the ROM data for VH so you can't just dump the cart. If you have a NeoSD or a Pro, more than likely within a year or sooner you'll be able to buy a copy to play on those devices. But that could absolutely change (either sooner or later) so no promises.

I hear you on the LRG waiting forever to get a game thing. And, on that note, we are also going to have a delay. I've never fully committed to shipping the game in May and have been careful with my words in saying that we're targeting May but YOU NEVER KNOW****. But it does officially look like we're going to miss that date. The game itself will be done on time, but the physical components and manufacturing lead time is going to take another few months. We also have a decent amount of porting work to do for modern platforms to add in achievements and get them through certification which takes longer than we thought. This is the first game a lot of us have produced, and figuring out all this stuff is pretty rough.

I'll be announcing this on Twitter, Discord and sending out emails to pre-order people soon. I figured I'd mention it here since the subject of waiting came up.

On the plus side, this gives us more time for some extra features, polish and we have a freaking awesome thing that might happen that I can't talk about yet, but I think many of you will be jazzed about if it happens. We are also working towards having the game being featured at the Tokyo Game Show.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Hardware logistics seem to often cause the most delays for new Neo Geo games.

amerika

n00b
Being new to all this definitely sucks and despite me being a planner who likes to hit dates that are set, sometimes you don't know what you don't know.

Working out hardware logistics and factory schedules and then shipping schedules definitely sucks. Having to do ports to modern platforms that require quite a bit more time than anticipated. We have the modern ports all working great. But no hooks for achievements yet (we do have the images in to swap out buttons per platform though) and doing the certification testing is a bit more time consuming than anticipated for consoles.

But, at least it isn't a game development issue. My part on that is right on time even if it's barely coming in under the wire. And everyone is going to get an even better game so hopefully we can get a pass from most.