Vengeance Hunters (Beat 'em Up) for the Neo Geo

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I'm happy with it, but I'm not paying $300+/cart for it like back in the old days when they were few and far between.

neosd

Neosd Developer
It's cool seeing Neo Geo homebrew games more often. I hope the pace keeps going up in 2024 :D

9 guys worked on Vengueance Hunters, one of the animators of shredder's revenge among other senior artirsts/developers. Its far from being a "homebrew game" to rip off 599 usd as someone said.

Its an indie game but it dosent fits on the one man game criteria, neither on the homebrew word.

Prove me wrong next week, hope someone from here goes to Kansas and plays it to tell me its a homebrew game :)

btw, game will be sold under ngdev team prices, something reasonable for what it is. This is not an atempt to rip ppl off with a ng game but to make the first quality product of a new studio, if game sells there will be more with the same quality after this. Thats up to the comunity to judge the game and to decide if the effort of doing such productions is worth or not

Ppl will be able to play it on modern consoles at low prices, there is going to be a lot of options for the ones that want to play the game but dont want to pay the cost of the neo geo game. Game looks amazing on the switch OLED screen, i think it will work pretty well there on switch

Last edited:

Pinball

Kula's Candy
Link and price? The discord link doesn't work. I have all the NG:DEV games but will not pay those prices again.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Link and price? The discord link doesn't work. I have all the NG:DEV games but will not pay those prices again.
link works

full details coming soon.

Presentation this weekend at Kansas City Retro event, everyone that goes there will be able to play the game

KGRAMR

Another Striker
9 guys worked on Vengueance Hunters, one of the animators of shredder's revenge among other senior artirsts/developers. Its far from being a "homebrew game" to rip off 599 usd as someone said.

Its an indie game but it dosent fits on the one man game criteria, neither on the homebrew word.

Prove me wrong next week, hope someone from here goes to Kansas and plays it to tell me its a homebrew game :)

btw, game will be sold under ngdev team prices, something reasonable for what it is. This is not an atempt to rip ppl off with a ng game but to make the first quality product of a new studio, if game sells there will be more with the same quality after this. Thats up to the comunity to judge the game and to decide if the effort of doing such productions is worth or not

Ppl will be able to play it on modern consoles at low prices, there is going to be a lot of options for the ones that want to play the game but dont want to pay the cost of the neo geo game. Game looks amazing on the switch OLED screen, i think it will work pretty well there on switch
OK that's new to me! I didn't knew that and that it just plain awesome :) Much like how Bitmap Bureau got Henk Nieborg to make the pixel art for Xeno Crisis :D

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Well, seems it’s 100% always a better strategy to show absolutely nothing to get excitement and praise and…..your money. lol

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
This really looks like a serious effort on par with what you would expect from SNK imo.
I'm looking forward to seeing more.
BB

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Graphics and animation look really solid, albeit just from seeing them on that screen. Gives me Konami X-Men vibes.

Gameplay seems kind of slow though.

Might purchase the ROM if they make that option available. No way in hell I'm spending hundreds of dollars for it.

Pinball

Kula's Candy
Looks quite good. I may order when it's available, assuming not too costly. I hope there's a nice shockbox and insert, even for the MVS version ;-)

promking

Armored Scrum Object
God I love beat em ups.
I'd 100% download the rom, and would love a physical copy.

inzo

n00b
This seems promising. My only concern is they’re aiming sky high with pricing,leaning towards NGDev. To me,that means expensive and no roms to ever come. I’d like them to take a page from Bitmap bureau. Consumer friendly pricing and availability of roms,if you choose to do so.