Valkyria Chronicles remaster + new sequel announced for PS4

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Edit: I will say one thing; the PC and PS4 VC1 ports are promising simply because it seems that the Sega brass is starting to realize where they went wrong. I'm hoping it will lead to proper releases of 2 and 3, eventually.

Eh, part of me thinks that the PC port of VC was something that was developed all along, but it was shelved until Sega decided to release it years later. It came out around the time of the Jet Set Radio PC port, and even though I don't have any internal knowledge of how it was made, I've got to think the JSR PC port was developed back in the early 2000s because the minimum system requirements are absurdly low. Sega probably just had the source code lying around and made some tweaks to include anamorphic widescreen, higher resolutions, better Windows 7/8 support, xinput support, etc.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
l_564bfbe1e4c67_thumb.jpg

l_564bfbe1e6f91_thumb.jpg

l_564bfbe1e9273_thumb.jpg

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I approve of a Valkyria Chronicles remaster for PS4 because it is one of the five best games on the PS3 and deserves another chance at success. VC is a dayy one type of purchase for me.

klee123

Zero's Secretary
Kinda wished they remade Valkyria 3, but if they do, the game would need a complete overhaul in terms of engine.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I'm pretty pumped, and hope to see it come this way. Valkyria 2 was great as well, and in some respects better. I have yet to play 3, but it's high on my list. I will be purchasing if it is released.

I assume the remake will include all the DLC, and i'm all for disc based DLC. I don;t want to have my console break down the road, and not have access to the DLC because the PS3 store is closed down. Having it all on one disc will be nice. As this will be a game I play through every few years.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Greedo, I don't know if you have a decent gaming PC but Valkyria Chronicles is available via Steam, it's a perfect version of the game and it comes bundled with the DLC for $20. So you have options right now.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Greedo, I don't know if you have a decent gaming PC but Valkyria Chronicles is available via Steam, it's a perfect version of the game and it comes bundled with the DLC for $20. So you have options right now.

Just finished the PS3 version. Do you feel the DLC is worth playing right now on ps3 with my current file or should I wait till I get a hold of the PC or PS4 version?

I guess what i'm asking, is the dlc connected to my save data in anyway or is it stand alone?

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
For the most part, the DLC is separate from the regular game but if you complete the Selvaria DLC, you get her gun, which I think is called Ruum or Rum. It's a fucking amazing weapon. I equipped Rosie with it and she is a fucking beast on the battlefield.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Its a Trooper weapon? Dang that's tempting. I'm especially interested because i'm still in the groove but if I wait for the PC/PS4...

I think i'll just go on ahead and get the DLC and play it now.

Last edited: