USB Joystick 360 compatabiliy

daybona

Juz,
Any idea if sega virtua stick (saturn) that was converted to usb will work with the 360?

thanks

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
nah the only usb sticks you can use in the xbox 360 are the hori arcade stick for VF5 or the doa 4 stick which are pretty much the same. sorry but your out of luck:(

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Yeah that shit don't work. I tried hooking up my Namco stick with a PS2/USB convertor.

Have they made XBOX to XBOX360 convertors?

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
I can use my Tekken 5 PS2 stick with an old Radioshack PS2 to USB adapter.

daybona

Juz,
hmm doesn't work. i wonder why a tekken 5 stick would work and a hrap wouldn't? I thought they were more or less wired the same, only diff was the lower quality parts in the tekken 5 one.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Maybe its the adapter. I am using the OG Radioshack PSX to USB adapter. Its all black and has a Red light when its connected to the PC.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
AFAIK every 360 controller has to have a verification code sent to the console for it to work. This is why no un-licensed shit will run, and even the 360 custom arcade sticks use wired official 360 pads hacked up. This is why you have'nt seen any HK knockoffs of guitar controllers/wheels/etc.

So don't expect anything USB to work.

It is quite a shame, since it had a lot of potential to run most controllers ever made via USB.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
MilkManX said:
I can use my Tekken 5 PS2 stick with an old Radioshack PS2 to USB adapter.

On an XBOX 360? I doubt it. I have the exact same adaptor with my Namco stick and nada.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
NeoCverA said:
On an XBOX 360? I doubt it. I have the exact same adaptor with my Namco stick and nada.

I'm pretty sure he just meant on his PC, not the 360.

BTW, I'm getting a 360 stick built by a local dude, he'll throw in Sanwa sticks as well.
When I get it, I'll post pics and impressions.

edit-BTW, I have a good friend who works in product dev at Pelican, and he tells me the outlook for any kind of 360 adaptor is not good. Microsoft wants a fucking arm and a leg for anything licensed that uses the verification chip, and they'll sue the shit out of anybody who makes an adaptor similar to that overpriced POS that supposedly lets you use a wired MS pad to enable a PS controller. So, yes, the prognosis looks pretty weak. It's either play with shit like the Hori DoA sticks, or go custom.

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Isnt there a VF5 stick for 360?
Is that the same DOA Hori?

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Loopz said:
edit-BTW, I have a good friend who works in product dev at Pelican, and he tells me the outlook for any kind of 360 adaptor is not good. Microsoft wants a fucking arm and a leg for anything licensed that uses the verification chip, and they'll sue the shit out of anybody who makes an adaptor similar to that overpriced POS that supposedly lets you use a wired MS pad to enable a PS controller. So, yes, the prognosis looks pretty weak. It's either play with shit like the Hori DoA sticks, or go custom.
It's Microsoft. Did you expect any different?

(Imagine if they were the dominant console manufacturer.)