US Atomiswave Upright Cab Questions

ClubNinja

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
20 Year Member
So, about these things. I've heard and observed in pictures that the monitor is way too small on these. Is it 25"? Anyone have one and can comment, or otherwise played one enough to get a feel for it? Also, are the different control panels easily swapped and readily available?

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
We have an Atomiswave upright in the movie theatre here that is all set up for Big buck Hunter. I think it's a really strange looking machine with some odd proportions, which may be why the screen looks like it's too small.

That's the extent of my experience with the cab, but I totally understand you concern with the monitor.

It seems like there are a few members here who have, or have had this cab and will probably chime in with some better info.

Supasaru

Windjammers Wonder
As I found out....

When you say, "Atomiswave upright cab" or "American Atomiswave" - there are actually several models. Ranger Mission, Sports Shooting, etc. The actual setup is pretty similar, but the shape and size of the cab is drastically different.

I have the "standard" Atomiswave and it's actually a 25" factory original Wells Gardner.

I haven't found any other control panels. There should at least be 4, I think - the joysticks+buttons, Ranger Mission CP, Sports Shooting CP and the Racing Wheel CP.

Last edited:

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
I think that because the bezel extends out on each side it gives the impression of a smaller monitor. The speakers are up top, so I'm not sure why they made it like that.

Last edited:

ClubNinja

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
20 Year Member
Got it. The one I was looking at has the steering CP, but I'd want a joysticks/buttons CP to swap in as well (don't care about the shooting games). The availability and compatibility of a joystick CP would be a major deal maker.

Supasaru

Windjammers Wonder
I think that because the bezel out on each side it gives the impression of a smaller monitor. The speakers are up top, so I'm not sure why the made it like that.

Ya, seems a bit weird. I was trying to imagine if you could somehow hear it better that way in a noisey arcade... maybe.. ?

Got it. The one I was looking at has the steering CP, but I'd want a joysticks/buttons CP to swap in as well (don't care about the shooting games). The availability and compatibility of a joystick CP would be a major deal maker.

To be honest, I rarely see these cabs getting parted out.... actually, I rarely see these cabs. I have only ever seen a few Sports Shooting and Ranger Missions "in the wild" and only managed to see Adderall's (mine! :)) and Division's for sale (minus a few on Craigslist for $1200 or something).

Speaking of Division - he's got a FS thread with a great steal! Joystick CP, TRF2, KoFXI, Marquees, cab and a mainboard, I think.

ClubNinja

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
20 Year Member
Speaking of Division - he's got a FS thread with a great steal! Joystick CP, TRF2, KoFXI, Marquees, cab and a mainboard, I think.

That's pretty much the thread that got me reconsidering the cab with steering wheel that I looked at recently. If his lot was in picking up distance, I'd have been there I think.

Supasaru

Windjammers Wonder
Division really does have a good deal going.

Based on what I paid for the games he has and the Atomiswave....

You're getting the cabinet itself for like $100 with two great games that were pretty tricky for me to find for a while.