US AES Garou price rockets?

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Maybe a bar of gold will be delivered with.;)

Not worth it really.

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
Just because one clown is willing to pay that amount, doesnt mean we all will ;)

Just like anything else its only worth what someone is willing to pay. It could sell for $800 today, then the next time only $550.
who knows?

Droid

droid is right. A couple weeks ago, LB1 US AES sold for what, ~ $750? Well I recently saw another copy finish off for $399 last week.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
The collector market is from the roots irrationnal so it's not amzing. At a precise moment, a guy will inject a huge amount of money in a game that surely doesn't deserve it but hey, it's a collector market.

SHO

Raiden's Valet
Electroman said:
droid is right. A couple weeks ago, LB1 US AES sold for what, ~ $750? Well I recently saw another copy finish off for $399 last week.

i think that was delibrately jack up by some one

well thats what i suspect

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
SHO said:
i think that was delibrately jack up by some one

well thats what i suspect

But in the price guide it just matters if the price raises :tickled:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Nothing new really but that is kinda a little too high.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
*grabs his minty US MOTW and gives it a big hug (but not enough to crease the insert)*

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
fluctuation is always at play here. And this auction is in euros and is european - the pices are relative to the area. Neo games sold in the UK are relatively more expensive than they are in the US for instance.

Anyway, becaues someone got desperate does not mean the price of this game is established as higher. If this where to be repeated a few more times then I would agree there has been an increase in the price. Its bound to happen anyway, but how long can it be sustained?

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
Electroman said:

Yes Ill also agree with Droid. US MOTW is an insane price. :glee: Actually a couple of weeks ago it was US LB2 NGH that went for $750 not US LB1 NGH. As that game went around $500 for it but still the US LB1 is topping the price as it use to go for around the $275 to $335 price range. The question is did the games sell for those prices. Now everything is just getting crazy and the prices of the popular games are sky rocketing. :eek_2:

SHO

Raiden's Valet
Remember there are always ppl that doesnt pay up for the stuff they win! :shame:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
collector's markets are crazy/ridiculous. I mean its not like the buyers are bank clerks, stock brokers, or anything along those lines. Its not like you're buying and selling stocks . when we speak of prices moving up or down we are really discussing the buyer's mental state. unstable. and this is reflected in the market.

(tongue half in cheek)

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
ever since the AW anouncement, carts have been going way up!!

guess I am an MVS guy for good,lol....

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
DevilRedeemed said:
collector's markets are crazy/ridiculous. I mean its not like the buyers are bank clerks, stock brokers, or anything along those lines. Its not like you're buying and selling stocks . when we speak of prices moving up or down we are really discussing the buyer's mental state. unstable. and this is reflected in the market.

(tongue half in cheek)

Well stocks are a bit ridiculous at times too. Today's market seems to be highly sensitive to "emotions". Add to that, the tendency for people to bandwagon on things...

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
you are right - I just didn't want to muddy my post with the paradox. the fact is that buying into the collector's market is like buying stocks. Emotions play a big role - no doubt about it.
the impending end to the neo is affecting things for sure. But this trend will even itself out in time I suspect. On the neo geo front - things like kizuna going for 11K and MS going for 2,500+ help gravitate the prices of other 'rare' games in the same direction. knock a 0 off of each and see the rest of the game prices plummet too.

Especially when some of the biggest collctors find everything they are after. the Game & Watch market has had this happen to it.

Well stocks are a bit ridiculous at times too. Today's market seems to be highly sensitive to "emotions". Add to that, the tendency for people to bandwagon on things...

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:
Especially when some of the biggest collctors find everything they are after. the Game & Watch market has had this happen to it.

How will this happen? Those rare collector carts are tough to come by, even when you've got the cash.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
galfordo said:
How will this happen? Those rare collector carts are tough to come by, even when you've got the cash.

Correct me if I misunderstood the original posting... but I think it goes something like this.

The main people that sustain the "validity" of the high price are the major/hardcore collectors. Once this group dies down (acquired all that is left to acquire) The price will plateau or fall. Sellers will try to slightly increase the past "high price" but with no one left to bite, the price may recede a bit to the price point of the less hardcore community.

Even if you have the funds and a chance to buy a rare item, if you are not "desperate" and "fanatical" enough to purchase it, you're probably not going to buy it.

So even if one of the major collector's decides to sell and try to recoupe or profit from his initial investment, if there are not enough "fanatics" like himself left to sustain the high priced market, even he will be forced to drop his price or just hold on to it and thus suspend the price.

This is all in theory of course and I don't think the price will stagnate or fall for a long time. There seems to be a lot of new collector's entering the scene all the time. Plus with the "bad economy", the hardcore collector's might get "slowed down" in their climb to the top. So they still have the desire to own, but must wait a bit to acquire. So they may pass on this week's 2 grand metal slug, but will buy and justify next month's 2 grand metal slug.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Watch the price guide sky rocket in the next update....

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
There seems to be a lot of new collector's entering the scene all the time.

I wonder how long this will continue..Most of the new members experienced the Neo Geo somehow back in the day, and either owned it, dreamed of owning it, or played the mvs in the arcades as a kid...

Nostalgia is another strong factor. In a couple years I think the number of new collectors will start to drop, as younger collectors will try to recapture the stuff they played growing up like Sony Playstation or DC or xbox...In about 5 years ask a 20 year old about the Neo Geo, and the likely response will be: "the what?"
Follow that up with the prices of collector pieces and guess what the responses will be then ;)

The number of new neo collectors is probably a finite number...reachable within the next 5 years I'd say. Then prices might drop, especially as some ppl leave the scene, and demand falls because there arent as many new collectors...then again, the world wide web makes for a gigantic market, so things might continue indefinitely...

Droid

Last edited:

SHO

Raiden's Valet
it is very hard to tell how this market will grow....

i say... it will be affected by how the new games market go..... more shit new games onto the market.... more ppl love the neo

but only a guess

not many new releases nowaday would i rate it as a future classic :oh_no:

i just buy the games i want and then keep it in my collection, i dont buy at silly prices, unless i really wanted it

garou_d

Aero Fighter,
since I saw on TV that a pigeon can worth over than €100.000 - nothing else can surprising me...

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I think the Neo Store usually gets around 700 bucks or so for a US MOTW, so it doesn't seem that ridiculous to me.