Updated! - was Forums going down shortly (3:30 PM East) For Updating

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Okay, for some reason I can't view other people's trader rating.
Anyone else having this problem?

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
The profiles dont display a link to send a PM to that person anymore.

Shawn

snkusa.com
KagerouSama said:
Okay, for some reason I can't view other people's trader rating.
Anyone else having this problem?

Apparently you can only view trader ratings from links within the market forums. This will be looked into, must be a permissions issue.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
um

I can't click on any of the smilies on the right through firefox

I thought at first it was some clever mod's doing

but then I tried it on IE and it worked fine

edit: not all mod's are clever

*eyes chimpy from a mile away*

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
sigs are showing up more than once per page again.

ray_7

"search" doesn't work when within a sub-forum.

"search this thread" doesn't work as well.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I've noticed that the search button doesn't seem to work. Guess that will take some more time after the update.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I have got many problems here with the update. Mainly being (as already mentioned) unable to search plus lots more. The main problem looks to be that none of the popup menus are appearing /working on most pages. Its probably related to the java errors the forums are throwing out on most pages.

Also I have had someone trying to leave me feedback but its impossible due to some error about the url field even though a url is entered.

Raz

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Trader Ratings/iTrader SHOULD be working.

It requires you to enter a URL to a thread in 1 of the 3 market forums in which one of the 2 people involved must have posted. The comment section, whatever that was, is gone (I think). The look/feel should be close to the old version, with a couple extras.

Graphics still need to be cleaned up, but that is a lower priority.

Smilies work for me in FireFox, that is one thing I have not reproduced.

Pop-Up boxes are Java problems. I need to slowly plow through them in the main forums to fix them (much harder to do than in the War Room). The War Room, actually, has all functionality, as I screwed around in their first.

Gotta get rid of the second Whose Online on the main page too.

What problems are people having with the editor? Most of the functions in the editor work fine for me, FireFox 1.5.0.1, Windoze 98....

aria

Former Moderator
Mouse_Master said:
Gotta get rid of the second Whose Online on the main page too.

Whoops, you got the wrong one! Where's chat?

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I just had a problem logging in to the forums, where if I didn't click the 'remeber my password' box I wouldn't gain access to my user cp nor could I post.

It was showing me as logged in on the front page of the forums, but my screen name was not at the front of the list (as though I was logged in), but rather sorted alphabetically. All of this was fixed once I clicked the box though, so not a big problem in the grander scheme of things.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Mouse_Master said:
Trader Ratings/iTrader SHOULD be working.

It requires you to enter a URL to a thread in 1 of the 3 market forums in which one of the 2 people involved must have posted. The comment section, whatever that was, is gone (I think). The look/feel should be close to the old version, with a couple extras.

Do one of those 3 include the feedback forum (which is in the markets forum)? If not can that be added please as it would help people who sell alot of stuff having feedback under one thread.

Raz

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
For the log in problems, clear your cookies, I think its done from the USerCP, don't remember.

As for the market forums, my opinion (meaning that this could change) is to keep it so that the thread refering from the feedback is in one of the 3 forums. We want it to refer to a sale/trade rather than just a pointer to a thread of praises. Why link a +/- rating to another thread full of them? I think the main reason I am of this opinion is because there has been some abuse of the system.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
So the Feedback Rating function is still not fully remedied at the moment, I understand it? It used to be a number next to the individual's name, now when I go to find a member, there's only a little Neo Geo moon next to it :(