"untested"

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I hate getting stuff that stinks. Most common is like cigarette or that elusive "old people" smell.

I've found that wrapping stuff in dryer sheets and putting it in a ziplock bag to be incredibly effective. It works really well on books too, you just put a few dryer sheets in between the pages and repeat until the smell is gone. Those things are like odor sponges.

I bought a car off an old boy once that stank of pipe tobacco. I fucking loved the smell, every drive was a werthers original drive.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Stuff that isn't JAMMA I believe to be actually untested as some PCBs like vector ones require a special monitor to test them. I love the people who list JAMMA boards as untested but when you look at their other items, they have fully tested JAMMA boards for sale.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
It doesn't bother me at all.I always assume the worst.
I love a gamble.I'll bite if the price is right.
BB

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I've gotten some huge deals this way, especially anything from Yahoo Auctions or Japanese sellers listing items as "Junk".

But yeah, you can usually tell by a seller's other items if they mean it's broken or not. Basically just assume it's broken and go from there when bidding.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I bought a car off an old boy once that stank of pipe tobacco. I fucking loved the smell, every drive was a werthers original drive.

When I was a kid there was an old pipe shop in my nearest mall that you could smell 100' away, that smell will always be with me. Right next to it was a cookie bakery, so it was fresh baked chocolate chip and pipe tobacco mixed. Smelled like heaven. I fucking love pipe tobacco.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Stuff that isn't JAMMA I believe to be actually untested as some PCBs like vector ones require a special monitor to test them. I love the people who list JAMMA boards as untested but when you look at their other items, they have fully tested JAMMA boards for sale.

The Mat Mania adapter I had you make was for untested boards.

Thanks again!

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The "untested" LaserDisc player I bought on ebay for $10 works just fine.
Although In person sales with av equipment "Works fine" means that there is at least one thing not working right.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
"Probably and easy fix" is another favourite of mine.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Picked up my neo cd with 2 cd controllers and a bean controller untested off yaj. $30 bucks.

Just needed an AV cord worked great.

Best untested grab I ever got.

Did get burned on a fairchild and an odyssey 2 though. But that was 100 years before...

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
I bought a ps1 yaroze here years ago and it was listed as untested. I had a feeling it wasn't working and once I received the unit yup, busted laser. I should have tried to negotiate for a lower price but oh well. After replacing the laser it's all good now.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Untested/Junk from Yahoo Japan, I am totally fine with.

I'm a lot more skeptical of US sellers saying the same thing since I've been burned a number of times.