Unreleased NGPC games

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I've taken it upon myself to try and contact SNK Playmore about the unreleased games for the Pocket Color namely Ikari Warriors and Magician Lord. Here is the e-mail that I sent to them:

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your time reading this letter, I was looking through an old catalog of Pocket Color games that I got from SNK when I ordered a Neo Geo Pocket Color directly from them many years ago and noticed that it mentions Ikari Warriors and Magician Lord as upcoming releases. Now I know neither of these games were released and was wondering if you could answer a few questions about them for me:

How far along were either of these into developement?

Do you know of any magazine reviews or previews that may exist especially those that may have screen shots of these games (Japanese or American)?

Does your company have any screen shots or additional information it would be willing to release to the public?

Does SNK PLAYMORE USA have any plans to release these games (maybe as extras on a sequel to KOF: MI or as part of a compilation of NGPC games on a portable or home console system)?

The Neo Geo Pocket community at Neo-Geo.com (People of the Pocket :) ) would greatly apreciate any and all information that you could provide us with. I would like to thank you again for taking time to read this letter.

Yours sincerly,
M. House

Montagh451@aol.com

Member "fenikso" on Neo-Geo.com message boards.
Now I don't expect much from just one email sent to SNK Playmore but I thought I'd atleast try. Anybody that wants to is welcome to copy this letter or write one similar to it and send it to them in the hopes that if they receive multiple requests that they may release them in some form to the the public.

Also I would like to use this thread as an opportunity for people to bring together information about unreleased or rumored games for the NGPC (and not just the two I mentioned) so that they may be saved from permanent obscurity.

Last edited:

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Well that was quik:
The development was cancelled and no partial program or any screen shots exist. The Pocket program is done. It was ahead of its time but now has been surpassed by other portable engines.

New adventures for Ikari Warriors, Magician Lord or others are possible but not currently in development.

www.SNKPLAYMOREUSA.com

Before anybody gets too depressed about that I for one don't believe them so help me by emailing them and keep the pressure up ;)

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I'd love to see another 2D Magician Lord.

I hope you're not lying to us. I'll doll you up to look like a 9 year old and stick you in shito's closet.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Damn its been a busy morning:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your quik reply. It saddens me to know that these games were allowed to be so destroyed but I look forward to any new games in these series that may appear.

This was my initial reply to the email I recieved.
And this was the reply to that:

Do not say destroyed. They were planned not developed.

www.SNKPLAYMOREUSA.com

and my reply to that:
Ah thank you for the clarifacation although it still saddens me ;). I have been told on two seperate occasions that atleast a screen shot or two existed of Magician Lord and were published in an issue of Pocket Games this is what lead me to believe that any work had actually begun on them at all.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Abasuto said:
I hope you're not lying to us. I'll doll you up to look like a 9 year old and stick you in shito's closet.
Promises promises :emb:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I tried emailing Songbird several times hoping they'd have an interest in making homebrew carts for the NGPC. They still continue to make games for the Jaguar and Lynx. They've also pulled off some of the best games for each system.

I know the NGPC isn't a system that would sell many top of the line homebrew games, but then again, neither is the Jag or Lynx. Sadly, I never heard back from them about the idea.

Magician Lord will be reality if I have to make the game myself.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Abasuto said:
I tried emailing Songbird several times hoping they'd have an interest in making homebrew carts for the NGPC. They still continue to make games for the Jaguar and Lynx. They've also pulled off some of the best games for each system.

I know the NGPC isn't a system that would sell many top of the line homebrew games, but then again, neither is the Jag or Lynx. Sadly, I never heard back from them about the idea.

I like your can do attitude I never thought about contacting outside homebrew developers about this sort of thing.

lordtut

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I like your flag man.
its nice to see someone harassing companies about this stuff.

I know this is a old thread but it still has potential.
what we should try to do is get them to finish the ngpc games.
not to sell on the ngpc but as a rom/greatest hits set for ds or othe systems.
the system is dead but "roms" are becoming big (and i'm talking about the official ones like you can download on the WII and such"
if we can get enuff people to email them they will see the market and may do it.
at the lest we can get a DS/PSP release of ngpc games.

so i ask anyone who reads this to send them a email even just to say you still play ngp/ngpc games and would buy a rerelease on a newer system.

I thank all who do this!!!
:buttrock: :multi_co: :buttrock:

Last edited:

lordtut

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Don't get to happy read the key words "not currently in development"

also could you post the emails for everyone so they dont have to look for them.
we may get more people in on this if you put them up.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Wow, one from the vaults. I can't believe this thread is two years old. Where the hell does the time go?

I would love to see virtual console releases of all the NGPC games. It would be awesome if they could release their own "classic" controller too. One that had the mini click stick on it (still my absolute favorite design for control on a handheld).

Do I think it will happen? For the controller, no. For the games, who knows?

I think it would be best if someone would put together a well constructed email that we all could use. Somebody with good grammar/punctuation skills, i.e. not me.

About the flag: I know I'm biased being from Iowa and all, but it has always been one of my favorite flags.

PS - I still think that they are holding out on me in reguards to the Magician Lord and Ikari Warriors games.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
fenikso said:
PS - I still think that they are holding out on me in reguards to the Magician Lord and Ikari Warriors games.

I know they are because when I emailed about a sequel to MOTW the guy didnt know what game I was talking about in general. But he was quick to say that there is no such game and also that it was never even programmed, just a concept.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Abasuto said:

"they" = Carl Forhan and he works SLLLOOOOWWWW as he is one person. I have been waiting on Ultra Vortek for Lynx FOREVER.