Unreal Pain From The Most Venomous Caterpillar In N. America FML

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Got repeatedly stung by a Puss Caterpillar today and ended up in the ER. They are not kidding when they say excruciating pain. It feels like I've been shot a few times. I had to receive a breathing treatment for labored respiration and a ton of different injections of steroids and other stuff. I even had some pretty gnarly chest pain. I can't believe it still hurts 8 hours later. On the bright side at least they turn into cool looking moths which are harmless and i guess the pain and bruising will go away eventually.

http://voices.nationalgeographic.co...ing-the-most-venomous-caterpillar-in-the-u-s/

Last edited:

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Sounds absolutely terrible. How'd it sting you? You bump into one w/out knowing it until it was far too late?

Sounds like we don't have them around here. Wouldn't want to run into one based on your experience.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
I love the first comment on the article. "I truly believe if you have no ill intent it won't hurt you." Fucking retard. Hope she pets a rattlesnake or something... With no ill intent.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Sounds absolutely terrible. How'd it sting you? You bump into one w/out knowing it until it was far too late?

Sounds like we don't have them around here. Wouldn't want to run into one based on your experience.

It must have fallen from a tree and ended up on my hand when i was at work. At first I did not know why my hand felt like hot pokers were going into it. as I was driving to the ER the pain increased and spread. I shook my shirt and it fell out. That's when I knew what it was. Thanks for the concern and Craig I couldn't handle this Puss, it was to much. Driving in heavy traffic 10 miles in severe pain and chest pain was scary AF. Kim i noticed that too. i was like is this person fucking high?

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
from article comments:

I just happened upon the Puss Caterpillar for the first time in my backyard. It was so cute; I naturally petted it gently a couple of times. I mean them no harm and he/she knew that.

I moved the Puss to the tree using a magazine.

I then looked the caterpillar up. Apparently,those hairs can be painful.They are just protecting themselves if provoked.

I truly believe, if you have no ill intent, they will not hurt you.
All creatures deserve to live their lives out without our human intervention.

i wouldn't mind if she got pussed in the eye.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
It must have fallen from a tree and ended up on my hand when i was at work. At first I did not know why my hand felt like hot pokers were going into it. as I was driving to the ER the pain increased and spread. I shook my shirt and it fell out. That's when I knew what it was. Thanks for the concern and Craig I couldn't handle this Puss, it was to much. Driving in heavy traffic 10 miles in severe pain and chest pain was scary AF.

And you drove yourself to the ER too? Damn... Had to drive myself to get medical attention today as well and wasn't sure I was going to make it ok as the pain was bad enough that I was starting to pass out at times so have an idea on how your drive must've been.

Hopefully it's doing much better rather shortly. Sounds like you should be doing better soon based on what that article says.

And fuck that dumb bitch that thinks you're ok if you have no "ill intent". How the fuck is a caterpillar supposed to know if you have "ill intent" or not? Jesus christ there's stupid people out there. I swear Idiocracy is becoming a reality, not just a comedy movie.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
The only thing that kept me going was the massive adrenaline running through me.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
The only thing that kept me going was the massive adrenaline running through me.

Yeah, I shoulda figured that was the case. I take it things got worse when you got to the ER and the adrenaline levels started dropping?

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
from article comments:

i wouldn't mind if she got pussed in the eye.

yeah, there's extremists in all categories. i was reading an article about sharks where this fucktard was trying to convince people that how sharks are actually fun, loving creatures and how it's always the humans fault for being attacked. fuck these guys.

a puss caterpillar ay?

Attachments

• Toupee-caterpillar.jpg
    Toupee-caterpillar.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
First question, did you do this on purpose?

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Yeah, I shoulda figured that was the case. I take it things got worse when you got to the ER and the adrenaline levels started dropping?

Yeah that's when the pain kicked up to over 9000. How about you?

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
damn man. Glad you are feeling better. Not sure these things are in AZ....hope not

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Yeah that's when the pain kicked up to over 9000. How about you?

My pain levels were like that when the damn stone would move. First few seconds were when I'd start to pass out and sweat while barely being able to breath. Then after a minute or so it'd back off just enough to where I wasn't quite passing out and would stay that bad for 5-10 minutes then the pain level would decrease a bit. It wasn't like your sting probably was as I'd imagine that was a more constant source of pain.

You doing better today?

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Sounds awful, but, it's nothing like the bite from a Vagina Slug

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
My pain levels were like that when the damn stone would move. First few seconds were when I'd start to pass out and sweat while barely being able to breath. Then after a minute or so it'd back off just enough to where I wasn't quite passing out and would stay that bad for 5-10 minutes then the pain level would decrease a bit. It wasn't like your sting probably was as I'd imagine that was a more constant source of pain.

You doing better today?

The pain was constant all the way down to my bones for about 18 hrs. It subsided enough for me to fall asleep around 6am. The pain has gone down a lot now just soreness and bruising. I hope you feel better soon bud. thanks for the concern

Sounds awful, but, it's nothing like the bite from a Vagina Slug

Back in Nam I heard people lost their wangs all day to the deadly Vag slug. I've decided it's not called a Puss caterpillar because of it's cat like fur but more because when it stings, you become a puss. I thought i could handle pain but apparently this little bastard proved me wrong.

Last edited:

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Damn man, that sounds like a hellish sting. I was just reading up on these caterpillars about a week ago too. Pretty crazy how such a minute thing can cause so much pain. Glad to hear you're starting to feel a bit better.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
The pain was constant all the way down to my bones for about 18 hrs. It subsided enough for me to fall asleep around 6am. The pain has gone down a lot now just soreness and bruising. I hope you feel better soon bud. thanks for the concern

18 hours before it started to subside? :eek:

That sucks. I thought the 12 hours or so that the article was mentioning as the length of time it was severely painful was bad enough. But at least it sounds like it's mostly over now. Did the ER give you anything for the pain during that time? And if so was it working at all?

Anyway, glad to hear you're doing better. That shit sounded absolutely terrible.

As far as my stones are going, nothing has passed yet. But at least the tramadol the doc gave me is keeping the pain at manageable levels. Gotta take it about every 4 hours on the dot though as it reminds me quick when it starts to wear off. Is not making sleep that great, but at least I can get an hour or two's worth every so often.

I'm about to start pounding Rockstar Recovery's down as those things go right through me. I swear 30 minutes after knocking one of those things down I'm pissin like a racehorse. Maybe that'll flush these fuckin stones out...

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Can they do ultra sound to break up the stones? They gave me a non narco in the ER I can only imagine if they did not It would have been like going to super hell.