Universe Bios 3.2 released!

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Dear Raz,

I'm in the process of having my NeoGeo checked and -hopefully- fixed. So this would be a nice chance to upgrade my Unibios as well.

My Unibios is the very first release including the 'Samurai Spirits Zero Special AES fix'. I think that's maybe some 2.x version.

Am I missing big thing with your later progress on your always great job?

Thanks in advance for your answer. :-)

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Thank you very much. Seems I have ver2.0, and quite some distance has been walked since then... ^^;

qsl

n00b
ordered yesterday and very excited to see what I can do with it. I am always amazed with you guys that do this for these communities. Very, very cool. Thanks!!!!

DEL 707

Cheng's Errand Boy
Thought I'd ask in here.

A recent thread has got me looking to get my hands on Baseball Stars 2. Either for my AES or MVS.
Was hoping to get it on my MVS since as usual it seems to be a bit cheaper, but the 1 thing that annoys me with this game is that you play on a timer.

I was looking on the Universe website and saw this.

• The ability to quickly and easily change operation from MVS to AES. Play your favourite games as the home console version enabling all the extra gameplay options that come with some games.

Does this mean I'll get some kind of option for continuous play, without the need to keep adding credits?

s. k. technique

Kuroko's Training Dummy
15 Year Member
Thought I'd ask in here.

A recent thread has got me looking to get my hands on Baseball Stars 2. Either for my AES or MVS.
Was hoping to get it on my MVS since as usual it seems to be a bit cheaper, but the 1 thing that annoys me with this game is that you play on a timer.

I was looking on the Universe website and saw this.

• The ability to quickly and easily change operation from MVS to AES. Play your favourite games as the home console version enabling all the extra gameplay options that come with some games.

Does this mean I'll get some kind of option for continuous play, without the need to keep adding credits?

Hi Del,

What it means is whether you have an AES or a MVS system, with a universe bios installed you can choose to run in either AES or MVS mode, as the cartridge contains information for both the home (AES) and arcade (MVS).

So, if you have an MVS system with the MVS Baseball Stars 2 cart (obviously!), with the universe bios you can choose to run it in console mode (AES) if you want. Whether there is a continuous play mode in AES Baseball Stars 2 I have no idea, most games I run in AES default to 4 credits only ;)

qsl

n00b
I believe if you go into soft dip settings on the stock bios you can set the timer to be MUCH longer.

DEL 707

Cheng's Errand Boy
Thanks for clearing that up :).

Edit - Ordered as well :drool:

Last edited:

DEL 707

Cheng's Errand Boy
Turned up today, had a weird problem where I had no sound for awhile, but then I a soft reboot and sound was back. :eek_2:

Funny thing, 1st time I ever played around with a bios, didn't know Metal Slug had a blood option.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Turned up today, had a weird problem where I had no sound for awhile, but then I a soft reboot and sound was back. :eek_2:

Funny thing, 1st time I ever played around with a bios, didn't know Metal Slug had a blood option.

You live and learn, I guess. Other games have different options. For instance, KoF series have also blood and Mai have a different pause movement (more...animated).

Regards.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Out of curiosity, is there a bug with the Universe BIOS and the endings with Fatal Fury 3 after beating Jin Chonrei? My game crashes every time the ending starts.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I think this a game bug based on region.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Currently have it set to the USA region. Haven't tried to suck on purpose and get a different ending or tried a different region.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Hey Raz, I just installed a unibois on my aes. Great product!

Some minor suggestion for future release. Perhaps one can rearrange the cheat codes based on personal preference. I would sometimes find the codes I use most often at the bottom and it's a inconvenience to stroll all the way down each time I play, it would be great if I can put those at the top. Is that possible?

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Something like that would not be easily possible.

Raz

NewNeoOwner

Quiz Detective
Where can I report an error screen? This is the first time it has happened. I got a Prehistoric Isle 2 from Ebay and it boots up ok. Then comes to a black screen saying 'press player 1 or 2'. When I hit start I get a big green error message. What do I need to copy down?

*False alarm? I took the game apart to clean it out and at first it gave me an error but then I nudged the cart and it started working fine. No idea.

Last edited:

Giga_Power32bit

Armored Scrum Object
How much would it cost to have my AES sent to have this installed with a socket? I can't read Japanese and would love to know what the plot and text in games such as The Super Spy and Raguy are saying.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Has the schematic for the USB version of the PC-2-NEO been released yet? Couldn't find it when searching the main Unibios site but seen youtube titles with it. Is it public somewhere?

mikew

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
Has the schematic for the USB version of the PC-2-NEO been released yet? Couldn't find it when searching the main Unibios site but seen youtube titles with it. Is it public somewhere?

Hi Pasky,

Sorry, there is no current plan to release the schematic for the USB 2.0 PC2NEO PCB. The last two Universe Bios releases (3.1 and 3.2 as of this writing) support both the parallel port unit and USB and unless you are doing development work the online parallel port schematic works very well.

Mike

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Ya, problem is I have no PC with a parallel port or PCI slot to buy a PCI LPT card. My only goal with this is to allow me to create a simple program that would display a red, blue, or green solid screen on the mvs. I have no development board available to me.

I'm assuming it's not public due to piracy or something else. I suppose I could look into translating the HID into regular serial myself if that's the case, I however, will make it public if so. Seems silly to limit something like this.

EDIT:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...=USB_Parallel_port-_-1Y0-000A-00002-_-Product

had no idea these were made now. May not need to go down the long path in that case. Not quite sure if it would work though as I have no idea how the software expects to interface with it.

Last edited:

mikew

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
I'm assuming it's not public due to piracy or something else. I suppose I could look into translating the HID into regular serial myself if that's the case, I however, will make it public if so. Seems silly to limit something like this.

I'm not sure what you mean by translating HID into serial? This is a Full Speed USB 2.0 device, not a usb serial port or a HID device. Regarding USB-to-parallel port interfaces, that wont work either with the parallel port pc2neo, that requires a genuine LPT port or card.