Universe Bios 3.1 released!

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
most MVS boards will not require soldering. MV-1B, MV-1C and MV-1AX require soldering.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
So realistically, is this mod essential to basic MVS functioning? If you have to resolder, is it that big of a bear if you have moderate soldering experience? I'm trying to figure out which MVS mobo I should aim for...

Basic MVS functioning is what the stock bios does. If you want to enhance your MVS experience then get the Unibios. And now days the mod on the previously hardcore soldering mobos are now only 2 wires to solder with a NeoBiosMasta.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Hey Raz, quick request that I keep forgetting to ask. There are a few games that don't work with Free Play mode on an MVS. King of the Monsters gets stuck on compulsion and is completely broken, but others won't let you choose options, like Thrash Rally and Riding Hero, if you're in Free Play. Would it be possible for the UNI to fix these problems, or is that changing basic functionality too much?

Games affected:

1. King of the Monsters - Stuck in compulsion, will not advance past start screen, will not cycle to other games during Free Play mode
2. Thrash Rally - Can only play the standard game, as the select screen for the World Rally or Paris Dakar race only shows when a credit is inserted
3. Riding Hero - Can only play GP mode, as choice for story mode is only displayed when a credit is inserted

Obviously King of the Monsters is the only game broken by Free Play, but it would be nice to have the others fully functional if it isn't too much work. :D

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I'm not sure these issues can be fixed given they are actual game bugs.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Any news on a ver. 3.2?
One suggestion would be to add autofire 'cheat' to as many games as possible, definietly a welcome feature on all shooters, saves on joypad / joystick wear also.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Any news on a ver. 3.2?
One suggestion would be to add autofire 'cheat' to as many games as possible, definietly a welcome feature on all shooters, saves on joypad / joystick wear also.

Hehe, 3.1 was only released 14 days ago.
I like the idea of an autofire option too, but let's break-in 3.1 first. :)

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Hehe, 3.1 was only released 14 days ago.
I like the idea of an autofire option too, but let's break-in 3.1 first. :)

A year and fourteen days ago, actually. You've been sleeping. We've had 3.1 for a nice long while now.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
autofire cheat has already been added on all games that can use it but I may look at this again.

No news on 3.2 yet.

BACKUP RAM ERROR

Can anybody please help me with the following backup ram error (see picture)? It shows up on a brand new CMVS from analogue interactive (MV1C board with memory card upgrade and uni bios 3.1 installed). I have already tried to set the bios to default (A+C+down at crosshatch screen) and cleared the backup ram, but nothing helps. Thank you!CMVSerror.jpg

DvdXploitr

Quiz Detective
Does anyone know if there is a VIDEO of anyone doing an install of the Unibios in an AES? I am not very good with diagrams, i prefer a video......i may just pay someone to install it for me, but a video would be nice......

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Does anyone know if there is a VIDEO of anyone doing an install of the Unibios in an AES? I am not very good with diagrams, i prefer a video......i may just pay someone to install it for me, but a video would be nice......

You just locate the bios, desolder it and remove it. Then install a socket and put the Unibios in. But to me a noob shouldn't be messing with a bios install as it's not as easy as it seems for the desoldering as you can easily rip a bunch of traces out if not desoldered properly.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
Just like Xian Xi said, this is not a mod for beginners. However if you are determined to do it and are new to modding please go with this method http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/snk-neo-geo-aes-unibios-install/. It does not look pretty but I have done it myself before and it works very well. Do not try to remove the BIOS via desoldering unless you are a champ at it.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The first mod I ever tried to do was a Debug Bios install on a home cart system like 12 years ago when I had never even used a soldering iron before, much less a desoldering iron. Bad idea. Thank god Jeff took pity on my soul and saved me from my own foolishness.

Many moons later, it's a piece of cake...

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Totally awesome work! V3.1 is fantastic and the best buy anyone can make for an MVS or AES.

Quick question - presumably the CRC checker only operates on the P ROMS?

It's annoying not knowing whether V or C ROMS might be incorrect. Is it possible to CRC check those in a future version?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Yes its only checking the P ROMs, checking the others is not possible.

Hodor

Cheng's Errand Boy
Maybe this is not the most appropiate thread for my question so apologies for the inconvinience, but I would like to know if I can burn the Neo-Diagnostics-ROMs in the old BIOS chip. I have it replaced with the UNIBIOS and I´ve been thinking that it could be a good idea doing so.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
The original bios is a mask ROM it is not programmable.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Its works fine with it ive been told.