Unico Jamma Candy Cabs

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
As for price, this is neo-geo.com - since when do people here worry about prices. :-)

Because paying $1500 for a Vewlix is a world of difference from paying $1500 for some bootleg knock-off from a company that has a proven track record of substandard products. People are willing to pay for quality.

As for everything else, it's all hot air until people actually get it in their hands and can run them through their paces.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
As for buying a Vewlix instead, well those weigh around 250lbs, are generally larger and require more work to hook stuff up.
There's no way a Viewlix weighs 250 lbs. I was playing on one not too long ago and it wobbled around just from normal usage. It definitely weighed less than my Blast City. It's basically just a frame, CP and flat panel monitor. I've also seen inside one and it's pretty straight forward.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
There's no way a Viewlix weighs 250 lbs. I was playing on one not too long ago and it wobbled around just from normal usage. It definitely weighed less than my Blast City. It's basically just a frame, CP and flat panel monitor. I've also seen inside one and it's pretty straight forward.

This.

I can push mine across the garage with one finger.

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
Googled it and I saw weight specs depending on Vewlix model listed between 105 - 120 kg, which is between 231 - 264 lbs.

The Nova Blast not only weighs much less (IIRC around 115lbs total with top and bottom sections), but is modular and easy to take apart and transport. And personally I wouldn't want a 16:9 arcade cabinet. I prefer 4:3. There are legit reasons why some people will choose the Unico for their homes over other options.

I also saw a reference to having a cabinet in the garage. Not everyone wants to do that, not to mention not everyone lives in a house much less has a garage. Options are good.

In my own case, I have my main computer/gaming room upstairs, and no way am I gonna bring a 250lb Vewlix up here even if I wanted one. I already have a multicade in a Namco style cabinet with 19" vertical CRT inside and that barely made it up. Barely. The Nova Blast is gonna be a complement to that cabinet, and will be my horizontal 4:3 cabinet. I've looked at Arcade1ups as a cheap option but after seeing them in person... no.

Last edited:

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
Because paying $1500 for a Vewlix is a world of difference from paying $1500 for some bootleg knock-off from a company that has a proven track record of substandard products. People are willing to pay for quality.

As for everything else, it's all hot air until people actually get it in their hands and can run them through their paces.
The Nova Blast is $1200 plus shipping. So about $1450 with shipping. Brand new. Looking at everything it has, the price is not unreasonable IMO. I suspect it will drop to $999 in a year for the full cabinet or during promo sales. I do think it would seem like a better deal at that price.

As for how good or bad it actually is, we will see. From what I saw on 19kfox's video it looks pretty nice (shipping damage notwithstanding). But yeah, we'll see.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Did these get delayed? I read that somewhere. I believe the website did say April originally.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Buy a Viewlix or even a Chewlix over this.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Coin mechs? Who the hell is going to put these things on location lol?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
So, at the end of production they just finally figured out that their monitor cab can't display nonstandard but common refresh rates.
Wait till someone tries and run a Seibu board on this. That 55 & 9 + 3/8s cycle rate is a *treat*.