UniBios for NGCD..is it possible?

Ackula

Mr. Big's Thug
This is mainly a question for Raz I guess. I was just thinking about this the other day, granted I do not know very much technical information on these things..would it be possible to change out a bios in a NGCD system? Possibly even make a UniBios for it, for cheats and ect.

What got me thinking about this is a recent thread about fatalities in SS2 on the NGCD. Apparantly they are not present on a JPN system at all, only US by means of a code. Something like the UniBios would really be great for this, unlocking of fatalities, blood, ect. It would be alot nicer than the traditional region switch mod as well for the changing of regions ect.

Just a thought...so..would it be possible to do something like this?

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Tech nically a unibios is possible the the NeoGeoCD, the problem is that I dont really have time to look at doing it.

I would be intrested in knowing the code to get fatalities in ss2 though.

Raz

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Razoola said:
Tech nically a unibios is possible the the NeoGeoCD, the problem is that I dont really have time to look at doing it.

Raz

Any interest in making uni bios capable of playing SVC Chaos, and Metal Slug 5 play on a phantom 1 on the AES possible?

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
neo_X7 said:
Any interest in making uni bios capable of playing SVC Chaos, and Metal Slug 5 play on a phantom 1 on the AES possible?

I could have a go if soeone were to loan me an AES, phantom and both games. I can't garantee I would susceed though.

Raz

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Is it possible to make a new bios to "Convert" post 1999 titles to CD?
Add in support for a faster CD Drive... That shit would be hot...

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Razoola said:

Raz
Would be nice if there was a code for SS.
To play as Amakusa in vs mode :conf:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
norton9478 said:
Is it possible to make a new bios to "Convert" post 1999 titles to CD?
Add in support for a faster CD Drive... That shit would be hot...

I don't see how just changing the bios would allow the NGCD to play the Neo Geo games that don't have a CD version, I think the only thing needed would be to recode the roms to CD format and burn them to CD (of course the bigger games would need to be cut to fit the CD limitations, like SNK did, but it would be hard to do the same for regular people). As a matter of fact I posted some pics from somebody who claimed to have recoded some games (like Zupapa and Ghostlop) to run in CD format. Those shots were from a NGCD emulator but they should have worked in real hardware, assuming they were not a fake of course.

About the faster drive, a lot of modding should be done I guess.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
I don't see how just changing the bios would allow the NGCD to play the Neo Geo games that don't have a CD version, I think the only thing needed would be to recode the roms to CD format and burn them to CD (of course the bigger games would need to be cut to fit the CD limitations, like SNK did, but it would be hard to do the same for regular people). As a matter of fact I posted some pics from somebody who claimed to have recoded some games (like Zupapa and Ghostlop) to run in CD format. Those shots were from a NGCD emulator but they should have worked in real hardware, assuming they were not a fake of course.

About the faster drive, a lot of modding should be done I guess.

Aight... Just an idea...

I dont know jack about the NGCD. I assumed you would need a new bios in addion to finding a way to enocode them.