UniBios Failing To Burn.

zed7

n00b
Hi everyone, I have an Atmel AT27C1024 that's failing to burn the UniBios ROM.

I followed this video
, which actually uses the same program as my TL866ii plus as well.

The burn ALWAYS fails at 12.50%, regardless of which 27C1024 chip I select it as in the program. This chip is a 45ns speed chip, which should be okay I believe.

Please give me any ideas!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's most likely an issue with the programming voltage.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Plus it's an OTP so I'm assuming you bought a bunch of them.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Exactly 1/8 through - maybe there's a bad contact on a high address pin or something.

zed7

n00b
Plus it's an OTP so I'm assuming you bought a bunch of them.
I believe because I am still trying to burn the same program onto blank lines, it'll still program the rest that haven't programmed correctly.

Exactly 1/8 through - maybe there's a bad contact on a high address pin or something.
Usually when there's a bad contact the Xgpro program tells you, and you can just reseat it and go ahead with programming.

I'll take a look into the programming voltage.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
So since I needed a new eprom programmer, I ended up grabbing one of these TL866 II Plus models.

First thing was to flash the new firmware then I tried to burn a 27C1024 eprom. Unchecked the check ID option, it burned well. Tried burning an ATMEL 27C1024 OTP, it burned fine as well.

zed7

n00b
So since I needed a new eprom programmer, I ended up grabbing one of these TL866 II Plus models.

First thing was to flash the new firmware then I tried to burn a 27C1024 eprom. Unchecked the check ID option, it burned well. Tried burning an ATMEL 27C1024 OTP, it burned fine as well.
Honestly, I had not unchecked "Check ID" on the first attempt to burn. I assumed it was not serious, but I think it's good to revisit that. Could that have caused the issue?

Although, the other 87.50% of the data is just blank lines, so it should still be programmable, no?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Honestly, I had not unchecked "Check ID" on the first attempt to burn. I assumed it was not serious, but I think it's good to revisit that. Could that have caused the issue?

Although, the other 87.50% of the data is just blank lines, so it should still be programmable, no?
Ya, uncheck it.

zed7

n00b
Sorry, I should add every subsequent attempt to program it I had unchecked it.