Uncharted 2 fucked up update changes

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You're completely incapable of understanding. I say your argument is stupid because you're advocating more gunshots for a kill. That's stupid. No matter what game we're talking about.

Now, the world of Uncharted was never really practical with guns. The fact your character could take so many bullets was incredible. But changing that doesn't seem bad to me. Advocating it doesn't come off as intelligent. And that's why your argument was stupid.

And yeah, I get it. You're pissed because after all your hard work, you're going to get best by some scrubs. Who cares man? Are you really at a loss? Past week you were busy playing anything but Uncharted 2, and the week before that the same. I'm not going to pretend to know your schedule, but when I see you on the PS3, I pay attention. And I don't remember the last time I saw you playing Uncharted 2. When was the last time this game was significant to you?

It's like you're only doing this because you're BORED and need a crusade.

Haha, I have many talents outside of gaming, I'm a good guitar player and occasional teacher and educated and popular in real life due to my respect of others. I'm happy with who I am. Look at your original reply to me. Seriously, read that nonsense. Do you really believe all that shit? You really come off as a idiot with that post, and I don't think you stand by any of those arguments, because you know deep down your logic is all fucked up, and even if you believe that, that's still not true, because that is like sweeping under the consumer and changing the game they are playing. There is validity in explaining whats so bad about these changes.

You clearly know nothing about this game, if you had actually played the fucking game, you'd understand why there is a issue with this. Even if I take your original post as a disagreement, the tone of it is completely troll. Its like, you wanna beat people into submission because you mod a fucking video game forum or something. I can't put my hand on it, but something about you seems very superficially connected. I honestly believe you were the type who didn't fit in due to confidence issues and instead tries to be different by being a over the top dick.

You mistake my stuff as high horse, I'm more humble then you think. Passion and narcissism are different worlds. I may be over the top at times, but unlike you, I can admit it. I'm not swooping in to bait people into fights. You just treat people like shit without valuing there views. If you had said those same things with actual counter reasoning, I wouldn't be this mad at your dumb ass, but nothing you said reflects someone who plays this game.

You can't go and post up shit acting like this is some childish flame war, ignore all the arguments I made that show your idiot reasoning and call it gravy. No sir.

How is my argument stupid? Explain how it is. You can't, because its a good argument, and intelligent people are in agreement on it, so in this case, I'm on the money. Your one hit kill realistic shit comes from a flawed viewpoint because you DON'T PLAY UNCHARTED 2. Get it through your head, you bit off to much with this and you need to back down.

Examples of this include assumptions which are probably based on the amount of material I type. I don't even think you read it all the way through anyways. I stated originally I WAS starting to show some skill in this game, I never stated I was the hot fire. You assumed that and then you post up bullshit like this after assuming, because I analyze games deeper then some others do. I hate how you wanna blanket me as a person this way to discredit me and run from the argument, and it shows the maturity level you are working on.

Why do you feel the need to state shit like this? Do you really think people can't see that obvious shit themselves? I KNOW my play time doesn't matter in the big picture, but people play this game and post here, so what fucking goal does a comment like this serve? Especially following it up by saying 'you know this', that shit proves you're just trying to intentionally piss me off and be a troll.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
No.

More gunshots is EXACTLY why this game was awesome. It was designed to be this way because it leads to earning kills. Who the fuck wants to play a game where it takes one shot to kill someone, and the gun battles that involved rolling, dodging and mix ups are completely gone from the game. Which removes the entire fun point of close range combat.

You're just fucking wrong on this.
You think things always need to be a set way, but that isn't why this game was originally designed in the first place. It became game of the year because it was different then everything else, and its fan base is people who were sick of MW2 and wanted to try something different.

If the multi played like it does today, it wouldn't be game of the year.

I'm not even gonna play this anymore till it fixed, and again you have some childish view of me as a person because you're a narcissistic dickhead.

Its not about scrubs, its because it caters to scrubs, and when it does, its like video game communism, where everyone veers to play the fucking same way with no unique perks that make you stand out, and the complete destruction of the games engine with these changes.

Also, the levels aren't massive enough for camp style play, they are really damn small maps, and require a lot of movement. If you remove that element, and they did this, your game is trash.

Did you think about all these things? No you didn't, because you're just trying to fan up some argument you had that collapsed under its own bullshit.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
No.

More gunshots is EXACTLY why this game was awesome. It was designed to be this way because it leads to earning kills. Who the fuck wants to play a game where it takes one shot to kill someone, and the gun battles that involved rolling, dodging and mix ups are completely gone from the game. Which removes the entire fun point of close range combat.

You're just fucking wrong on this.
You think things always need to be a set way, but that isn't why this game was originally designed in the first place. It became game of the year because it was different then everything else, and its fan base is people who were sick of MW2 and wanted to try something different.

If the multi played like it does today, it wouldn't be game of the year.

I'm not even gonna play this anymore till it fixed, and again you have some childish view of me as a person because you're a narcissistic dickhead.

Its not about scrubs, its because it caters to scrubs, and when it does, its like video game communism, where everyone veers to play the fucking same way with no unique perks that make you stand out, and the complete destruction of the games engine with these changes.

Also, the levels aren't massive enough for camp style play, they are really damn small maps, and require a lot of movement. If you remove that element, and they did this, your game is trash.

Did you think about all these things? No you didn't, because you're just trying to fan up some argument you had that collapsed under its own bullshit.

How does that make sense? Seriously. You're whining for more gunshots because it makes the game different from MW2 - why do the developers rely on guns that should kill you in 1 or 2 shots then? Why not just give everyone 9mm handguns and rifles, and put rocksalt cartridges in the shotguns?

I don't see why you care. And if my argument is shit, you're only making it stronger by fighting against it, relentlessly, as if I am your nemesis here. I have nothing invested in this argument, and I have been done playing this game for quite some time now.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
sheesh I barely noticed the difference...granted I only played a few rounds for the first time in months. But I always used the FAL as my main weapon and always killed pretty quick as the only way to ever get shit done with the fal is to aim for the head. still seemed to take 2-3 clean bursts to the body to take a dood down.

then again maybe it is dumbed down as i haven't played in a while and didn't lose a step. If i don't play street fighter for 2 weeks I get so pathetically rusty.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
How does that make sense? Seriously. You're whining for more gunshots because it makes the game different from MW2 - why do the developers rely on guns that should kill you in 1 or 2 shots then? Why not just give everyone 9mm handguns and rifles, and put rocksalt cartridges in the shotguns?

I don't see why you care. And if my argument is shit, you're only making it stronger by fighting against it, relentlessly, as if I am your nemesis here. I have nothing invested in this argument, and I have been done playing this game for quite some time now.

How am I making your argument stronger by fighting against it? I'm discrediting it with constant facts about the game.

How does that even remotely make any sense? You think things just automatically equal other things when you decide? The facts are the facts.

Multiple gunshots to kill enemies is why this game was good. The game was good simply because kills were not FREE. Its not about realism. This game was never about realism anyways.

The game operates on a KDR, kill death ratio.

Meaning if I get killed in two hits, math wise its nonsense to take any risk by running after enemies to confront them.

Originally, people would run up to campers and shotgun blast them and everything, so all the FPS camp bullshit became obsolete and everyone loved it. You can pull enemies off ledges and other cool shit. This is all terribly harmed, because in good play, nobody will move a muscle, they will stay at opposite ends of the screen and camp with the sniper rifle or FAL. Its extremely boring to play now, and its like the worst thing, because you know deep down how fun it was.

So the best thing to do is turtle camp the entire time, except the engine of the game and map sizes don't serve this function, so its alien to the nature of the engine.

If I am always at risk of dying by a lucky spawn or some other idiot while playing a perfectly good mix up game, the game sucks. The layers of strategy have been stripped, because the game was dumbed down. The changes destroyed the game. Period. Its instant gratification and I'll probably never play it again unless this update is yanked.

Your argument is invalid because its about a view that doesn't make any sense in the environment this game was created in. Its exactly the same as if I took your characters from SSIII and replaced them with SFA3 characters. It is that big a change, because game play elements that were in it that everyone loved have been removed by the health change.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
How am I making your argument stronger by fighting against it? I'm discrediting it with constant facts about the game.

How does that even remotely make any sense? You think things just automatically equal other things when you decide? The facts are the facts.

Multiple gunshots to kill enemies is why this game was good. The game was good simply because kills were not FREE. Its not about realism. This game was never about realism anyways.

The game operates on a KDR, kill death ratio.

Meaning if I get killed in two hits, math wise its nonsense to take any risk by running after enemies to confront them.

Originally, people would run up to campers and shotgun blast them and everything, so all the FPS camp bullshit became obsolete and everyone loved it. You can pull enemies off ledges and other cool shit. This is all terribly harmed, because in good play, nobody will move a muscle, they will stay at opposite ends of the screen and camp with the sniper rifle or FAL. Its extremely boring to play now, and its like the worst thing, because you know deep down how fun it was.

So the best thing to do is turtle camp the entire time, except the engine of the game and map sizes don't serve this function, so its alien to the nature of the engine.

If I am always at risk of dying by a lucky spawn or some other idiot while playing a perfectly good mix up game, the game sucks. The layers of strategy have been stripped, because the game was dumbed down. The changes destroyed the game. Period. Its instant gratification and I'll probably never play it again unless this update is yanked.

Your argument is invalid because its about a view that doesn't make any sense in the environment this game was created in. Its exactly the same as if I took your characters from SSIII and replaced them with SFA3 characters. It is that big a change, because game play elements that were in it that everyone loved have been removed by the health change.

Facts are facts - that fact is that you used to need more gunshots to kill people. The rest are opinions - that the game is better the less realistic it is. Aren't you tired of being a daft tit? Maybe you should make another thread about me in Snake Mountain.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Facts are facts - that fact is that you used to need more gunshots to kill people. The rest are opinions - that the game is better the less realistic it is. Aren't you tired of being a daft tit? Maybe you should make another thread about me in Snake Mountain.

You just nitpicked that one loophole.

The bottom line is, the game sucks now. You play single player, that's not even what this thread is about, so your opinion in it comes with zero online experience to back any of it. Single player isn't what makes uncharted 2 a great re-playable game.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You just nitpicked that one loophole.

The bottom line is, the game sucks now. You play single player, that's not even what this thread is about, so your opinion in it comes with zero online experience to back any of it. Single player isn't what makes uncharted 2 a great re-playable game.

All creature die and all thing will be broken, David. Get used to it.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Whoa there's a lot of shit going on in this thread. I may just read it on my iphone tonight in bed.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
This is an awesome thread so far.

But seriously, LWK, let it go. This isn't a personal slam against you or anything, but I have noticed that you tend to start a fair number of threads complaining about shit. This is not that big a deal. It's a game, games get patched, shit happens.

Don't be like the asstards that play WoW, then have a bout of Tourette's syndrome every time Blizzard "nerfs" a class and threaten to cancel their subscription.

It seems like you're getting way too worked up over this.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
To be fair, LWK is passionate about games. I wouldn't say he's bitchy. I mean, there's tons of threads where he's gushing over certain games. Still, even this thread is a bit extreme, but I don't mind. I kind of admire somebody that's really into the games they play.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
You know what. I did take this to far, and for that I feel bad. I do feel though that the way he reacted to my thread really is just complete horse shit. I mean, I never jump into his topics and attack him personally, especially when this concerns something I've put time in to form a opinion. If I appear negative lately, I apologize, but I just wanna analyze things exactly as they are from experience. It can come off negative, because many games released in the last year have had a crude edge to them. This whole thing is part of a future we're entering though, because at any time, a developer can renig something everyone has come to love.

I'm really strict with what I type up, but this time I totally lost it because I just don't get how I can do online video games with this dude, we have a laugh in a thread or whatever, then like a few days later hes treating me like total shit out of nowhere. Like, really? This is more frustrating, because I've heard numerous people slam his ass, but I kept out of it because I thought he was a okay dude.

That original post is the reason I got so hot. That is it really, if things were left alone, we'd be going over damage issues or delving more into the thread itself. I mean, if you're gonna fuck with my views, at least play the damn game and bring some credibility to the argument. Give me some credit, and not spout about mental illness and other low key personal shit.

Its also that I don't have op powers, so if you check the other thread, you see the result of dissension. Putting a dick in the title of my thread pissing on my name, when if anyone actually read the damn thread, I broke down key issues regarding it. To be honest, I feel like a bitch even posting after that one, cause its like fuck it.

There is also no room to question multiple threads, this game was game of the year, I put a thread in here for the online players, and I put a thread there for the news factor. Not only that, but those threads are written entirely different and aren't repeat threads.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You know what. I did take this to far, and for that I feel bad. I do feel though that the way he reacted to my thread really is just complete horse shit. I mean, I never jump into his topics and attack him personally, especially when this concerns something I've put time in to form a opinion. If I appear negative lately, I apologize, but I just wanna analyze things exactly as they are from experience. It can come off negative, because many games released in the last year have had a crude edge to them. This whole thing is part of a future we're entering though, because at any time, a developer can renig something everyone has come to love.

I'm really strict with what I type up, but this time I totally lost it because I just don't get how I can do online video games with this dude, we have a laugh in a thread or whatever, then like a few days later hes treating me like total shit out of nowhere. Like, really? This is more frustrating, because I've heard numerous people slam his ass, but I kept out of it because I thought he was a okay dude.

That original post is the reason I got so hot. That is it really, if things were left alone, we'd be going over damage issues or delving more into the thread itself. I mean, if you're gonna fuck with my views, at least play the damn game and bring some credibility to the argument. Give me some credit, and not spout about mental illness and other low key personal shit.

Its also that I don't have op powers, so if you check the other thread, you see the result of dissension. Putting a dick in the title of my thread pissing on my name, when if anyone actually read the damn thread, I broke down key issues regarding it. To be honest, I feel like a bitch even posting after that one, cause its like fuck it.

There is also no room to question multiple threads, this game was game of the year, I put a thread in here for the online players, and I put a thread there for the news factor. Not only that, but those threads are written entirely different and aren't repeat threads.

You know I didn't edit your threads. Anyhow, we should make up. I love you. I want to hug you.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
we have a laugh in a thread or whatever, then like a few days later hes treating me like total shit out of nowhere. Like, really? This is more frustrating, because I've heard numerous people slam his ass, but I kept out of it because I thought he was a okay dude.

Thats what he's like, you can be cool with him one day and the next omg he's stabbing you in the face. etc

a bizarre member for sure, always has been.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
You know I didn't edit your threads. Anyhow, we should make up. I love you. I want to hug you.

Well, I'm sure feeling the love wearing these trousers -_-

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Thats what he's like, you can be cool with him one day and the next omg he's stabbing you in the face. etc

a bizarre member for sure, always has been.

Stabbing in the face>Stabbing in the back:D