Ultimate Warrior Dead days after Wrestlemania 30!

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I don't know a great deal about wrestling nowadays, but am I right(?) in thinking that 'The Undertaker' is still the original Undertaker?

If that's true then... that is pretty damn outstanding: still performing - still alive!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
That recently ended streak pretty much says the same 'Taker has been participating in every WM for the last two decades straight.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
wrestling might not be real, but the strain on ones body certainly is...

at least he went out on top.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Is there evidence that he was racist? I've read a lot of his blogs and never got that impression.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Also...watching the new Ultimate Warrior DVD and came across this...I completely forgot this even happened. Dude was way ahead of his time:

GAGuvou.png

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Is there evidence that he was racist? I've read a lot of his blogs and never got that impression.

Without doing a ton of research and looking for every single last incident, I found this Wired.UK article that brings up some of his more notorious public speaking gaffes, such as gay bashing (his infamous "queering don't make the world work" comment), racist comments towards an Iranian (he told the guy to "get a towel") and he also had some choice words about Heath Ledger's suicide due to his role in Brokeback Mountain.

Here's the article.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Man, I love the Ultimate Warrior, but it's hard to listen to this speech. Unless he's talking shit on the business and/or people, I can't stay interested.

I had to rewind 3 times to understand the following sentence (and then another two times just to be able to type it word-for-word):

"Different than you may have thought, or had planted in your head through osmosis, or academic osmosis, philosophy is not some high and mighty abstract diversion created only by Greek philosophers to leave the rest of us human beings confused."

I wish there was a time-stamp for when it gets interesting, because I'm fading fast the longer this goes on.

EDIT - Whew, thank god I stuck with it. It actually got interesting. I love how he turns into a promo on the kid who brings up a stupid right to life argument.

It then gets boring again when he's blatantly trying to pick a fight with the whole "give me a fundamental difference between conservatives and liberals." He shoots down like 5 kids before he finds somebody to verbally joust with. I mean, why not just bring up the topic you want to talk about instead of fishing for it?

Alright the queer stuff goes down around 18:30. Honestly, he just sounded like an old man saying that. Still, it was a beautiful train wreck. The kids literally turned on him with that one comment. They were clapping and laughing the whole time he was puffing himself up and bashing ideas, questions, and liberals in general. Then SNAP, they were on his ass. I may watch that part again.

Didn't ever come across the towel comment, or maybe I somehow missed it. I was nodding off at certain points.

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Meh, I'm not sure calling an Iranian a rag head is enough to label someone a racist. Also being homophobic is a completely acceptable stance for someone who is genuinely religious, if he was that is.

Blown out of proportion I think.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Meh, I'm not sure calling an Iranian a rag head is enough to label someone a racist. Also being homophobic is a completely acceptable stance for someone who is genuinely religious, if he was that is.

Blown out of proportion I think.

Yeah. Consider that the "Iranian" in question was Iron Sheik.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
No it isn't.

Don't get me wrong, it's certainly not something I find acceptable, but for as long as religious groups are allowed to bash gay people over the head with anti gay scripture then we're stuck in the situation where homophobia isn't just tolerated, it's state sponsored.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Just because something is written in a book or some delusional ''prophet" heard a voice doesn't make something acceptable.

That being said, the christian bible doesn't explicitly endorse homophobia....

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Just because something is written in a book or some delusional ''prophet" heard a voice doesn't make something acceptable.

That being said, the christian bible doesn't explicitly endorse homophobia....

Careful with that. Calling the bible 'a book' or calling a religion's prophets 'delusional' is an opinion.

Just like it's their opinion that homosexuality is a sin.

Now don't take me the wrong way. I practice tolerance and think the anti-gay stance that religious institutions and faith doctrines take is cruel and unnecessary.

But saying it's 'delusional' just hamstrings your argument. You won't get anyone to see your point of view with that kind of aggressive posturing.

And if you don't care what other people think and you aren't trying to convince anyone, why would you post your opinion on the forums? So you will feel better? It won't help you to feel better getting into arguments you have no way of winning.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
People can be racist or homophobic or any other type of ignorant shithead they want to be, as far as I'm concerned. Where I have a problem is when they start violating other people's rights using these views (or any other views, really) as a justification. Want to hate gays, black people, atheists, Jews, tall people, fat people, smokers, or any other category of people? Fine. Just don't initiate force against the person or property of anyone else. Don't use the power of government to limit other people's freedom, don't steal, don't hurt, don't kill, don't tresspass, kidnap, rape, or vandalize. Other than that I don't give one singular fuck about what you do.

Hating gays in fine, though stupid. Using the government to keep them from associating with others in any voluntary way is not.

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
I could of swore this dude died about 4 or 5 years ago shortly after coming out of rehab or something here in Florida, i guess him dying was just a rumor.
He was one of my favorite wrestlers back in the day, R.I.P.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
People can be racist or homophobic or any other type of ignorant shithead they want to be, as far as I'm concerned. Where I have a problem is when they start violating other people's rights using these views (or any other views, really) as a justification. Want to hate gays, black people, atheists, Jews, tall people, fat people, smokers, or any other category of people? Fine. Just don't initiate force against the person or property of anyone else. Don't use the power of government to limit other people's freedom, don't steal, don't hurt, don't kill, don't tresspass, kidnap, rape, or vandalize. Other than that I don't give one singular fuck about what you do.

Hating gays in fine, though stupid. Using the government to keep them from associating with others in any voluntary way is not.

Bingo.

Everyone has the right to believe/feel the way they want, no matter how stupid it may be. Just keep your shit to yourself or others like you and like you said, do not oppress the lives of others because you feel that way.

Oh...and RIP Ultimate Warrior...my childhood wrestling heroes are dropping like flies. Randy Savage was my personal favorite so his passing bothered me the most. Hulk Hogan and Rowdy Roddy Piper were close seconds. Their passing will bother me too...