Ultimate Super Dai Nazo Makaimura Ghouls n' Ghosts n' Goblins Kai (For WonderSwan?)

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Ghosts n' Goblins series appreciation thread - dedicated to all you fine gentlemen that have been cockblocked in a graveyard before.

So let us all give appreciation to one of the best platformers of all time. Bless you, Sir Micheal! Or sir Arthur?

makaimura_01.png

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I have the Wonderswan game. It's really its own thing, though. Not a port of any other version as far as I'm aware.

Great series overall, though.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I have the Wonderswan game. It's really its own thing, though. Not a port of any other version as far as I'm aware.

Great series overall, though.

The Wonderswan game is visually stunning for a Black & white release. The anime-like character designs and backgrounds rock.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Ah! I was just looking for some infos on this game about 2 days ago. Like Famicommander said, it's not a port. There's some vertical levels. I've always been curious about the Wonderswan. Is the screen that bad? I heard they fixed the screen blur with the SwanCrystal. How does it compare to let's say a Neo Pocket or a GBA?

famicommander

15 Year Member
Ah! I was just looking for some infos on this game about 2 days ago. Like Famicommander said, it's not a port. There's some vertical levels. I've always been curious about the Wonderswan. Is the screen that bad? I heard they fixed the screen blur with the SwanCrystal. How does it compare to let's say a Neo Pocket or a GBA?

The Swancrystal is very similar to a NGPC in terms of clarity. The Wonderswan Color is harder to see and more blurry than the original GBA. The monochrome Wonderswan is awful.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
The Swancrystal is very similar to a NGPC in terms of clarity. The Wonderswan Color is harder to see and more blurry than the original GBA. The monochrome Wonderswan is awful.

Thanks bro! SwanCrystal it is then! :buttrock:

famicommander

15 Year Member
I posted a list in one of the Wonderswan threads in the handheld forum of games that are playable in English. It's by no means exhaustive but it's a great place to start.

I have roughly as many Wonderswan games as I do for each of the Atari Lynx and Neo Geo Pocket Color. Three very underrated systems in my book.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
There are a handful.of fantastic titles on the system. It's worth a purchase.

Which ones are you favorites, bro?

I posted a list in one of the Wonderswan threads in the handheld forum of games that are playable in English. It's by no means exhaustive but it's a great place to start.

I'll definitely check it out, thanks!

You also need it for Judgement Silversword, still, no Swan version offers a backlight (mod).

Yeah, I've heard of Judgement Silversword before. I don't really have that kind of cash though :keke:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Which ones are you favorites, bro?

Tekken Card Fighters, Mr Driller, Guilty Gear Petite 1 and 2, HunterXHunter,Tarepanda Gunpey, Firepro Wrestling, and JSS. There are a few B&W games that are fun but blurry even on a Crystal. Pocket Fighter, Rockman and Forte, and Makaimura. They play great, but are not easy on the eyes.

JSS has an Xbox 360 version ...just play it on there.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Dug up my old post from the handheld forum

Golden Axe, Rock Man and Forte: Challenger from the Future, Gunpey, Gunpey EX, Space Invaders, Judgement Silversword, Guilty Gear Petit, Guilty Gear Petit 2, Pocket Fighter, Rhyme Rider Kerorican, Makai-Mura (WS exclusive Ghosts n Goblins), Digimon Frontier: Battle Spirit, Digimon Tamers: Battle Spirit, Final Lap Special, Mr Driller, Klonoa: Moonlight Museum, Rockman EXE WS, SD Gundam: Operation UC, Tetris, Ultraman, One Piece: Swan Colosseum, Kinnikuman Nisei: Dream Tag Match, Beatmania, Buffers Evolution, Crazy Climber, Digimon Adventure: Anode and Cathode Tamer Veedramon Version, Fire Pro Wrestling, Puyo Puyo, Puzzle Bobble ...

Not all of those are great, but I own them all and they're all playable without Japanese knowledge (as long as you don't mind missing out on story segments in some games).

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member

Golden Axe, Rock Man and Forte: Challenger from the Future, Gunpey, Gunpey EX, Space Invaders, Judgement Silversword, Guilty Gear Petit, Guilty Gear Petit 2, Pocket Fighter, Rhyme Rider Kerorican, Makai-Mura (WS exclusive Ghosts n Goblins), Digimon Frontier: Battle Spirit, Digimon Tamers: Battle Spirit, Final Lap Special, Mr Driller, Klonoa: Moonlight Museum, Rockman EXE WS, SD Gundam: Operation UC, Tetris, Ultraman, One Piece: Swan Colosseum, Kinnikuman Nisei: Dream Tag Match, Beatmania, Buffers Evolution, Crazy Climber, Digimon Adventure: Anode and Cathode Tamer Veedramon Version, Fire Pro Wrestling, Puyo Puyo, Puzzle Bobble ...

Not all of those are great, but I own them all and they're all playable without Japanese knowledge (as long as you don't mind missing out on story segments in some games).

Nice list, I only own Crazy Climber and Makaimura (and a lowly Skeleton Green monochrome console)

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Tekken Card Fighters, Mr Driller, Guilty Gear Petite 1 and 2, HunterXHunter,Tarepanda Gunpey, Firepro Wrestling, and JSS. There are a few B&W games that are fun but blurry even on a Crystal. Pocket Fighter, Rockman and Forte, and Makaimura. They play great, but are not easy on the eyes.

JSS has an Xbox 360 version ...just play it on there.

Thanks for the lists guys! I'm going to check these games on WiiMednafen and pick up a few :D

Last edited:

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Love my WonderSwan, even though the screen has not aged well. Can't beat those versions of Final Fantasy!

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I forgot about this little gem I picked up in Japan back in the day. ^^
D2C6138B-E686-4760-9FC2-FE8747948C54_zpsohnkl02i.jpg

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
wtf? i have never seen that. give details please!

Even IDK. I'll give it a go later (and if it's fun/funny) & doesn't require a disc in to be in the tray I'll possibly upload the install files. Remember to run in WinXP compatibility mode since it's an old game.

Aren't ChoAniki games about nude buff gay men?

Last edited: