Ugh...Delays again?

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Freelancer said:
I resent that! ;)
I started that thread in good fun.
However, it seems that perhaps I set loose some
type of "delay curse" upon posting the countdown thread.
I've learned my lesson...never again!
Oh it was fun, but man once it got delayed, that was swift kick to the jewels. Just building up anticipation, then THWACK!

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Lee Gray said:
But its happening on a regular basis now and not on just one game either.

Which other releases were delayed? I honestly don't remember.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Ilovejapangirls said:
Well she is right

we give money to companies

they should at least shut the fuck up and give us what we paid for

NOT months AFTER

but ON release

In Natsume's case, it's not their fault. It's a case of having to wait for the Nintendo approval process. SNKP's delays are another matter. But I don't mind waiting; just makes it sweeter when I finally get it (don't have my 4-slot yet anyway).

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
tsukaesugi said:
Which other releases were delayed? I honestly don't remember.
In the way of mistakes such as the ROTD mvs resetting on certain 1 slots and delays on both mvs and aes svc vs capcom .

I dont know what playmore have to do with ss zero but that too was slightly delayed and then hasnt even a english text mode.

Too much rushing i think, if the delays were to put things right in games then fair enough.

Allien133

Astra Superstar
tsukaesugi said:
WHOA WHOA WHOA... slow down a second.

I'm hearing stuff like:

You guys make it sound like SNKP is intentionally jerking you around.

Here are a few points to keep in mind:

-not one of you has paid a red cent to SNKP for SVC. You've made your preorder with businesses that are buying from SNKP and selling to you. You've paid your money to them. One of these places is the Neo Store. Shawn is an incredible seller, with great customer service, so I sincerely doubt he is jerking you around on purpose either. If, however, you'd like to start a thread telling him to 'shut the fuck up and give you what you paid for', by all means be my guest

-Playmore has obviously delayed the release to correct a last minute problem (or problems). Mistakes and setbacks happen to everyone, including big companies like SNKP, and I'd rather they took the time to fix it, then produce something with glitches. If you'd rather have a glitchy game NOW, then there are a couple of bootleg sellers kicking around that would be more than happy to sell you an 'SVC Plus'
Yes i have to agree with you. My initial post was uncalled for. I was just alittle mad. Thanks for pointing that out. :D
Now i will just sit back and relax untill it's released.

matrimelee

Hardened Shock Trooper
Really if I get the game by Christmas at the price quoted, since I pre-ordered, I'll see no reason to complain. Shawn can't control what SNKP sends (or in this case delays).

I view this as a plus - More time to order more stuff and save on shipping by having it sent all at once.

Now how about $25 copies of Rage of the Dragons for anyone that pre-ordered and *suffered* through this delay? :buttrock:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
1) I know SNKP isn't doing it on purpose, but I think what they're doing will make the game sell less than it would have if it had been released by now.

2) I like rhiohki's signature.

matrimelee

Hardened Shock Trooper
A sentiment I do agree with is that SNKP consistantly delaying games will decrease pre-orders. Sadly, I believe I read that this site relies on pre-orders to help fund each release. So fewer pre-orders would most likely result in fewer copies stocked of a game.

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
I'm pretty sure that any delay relating to the MVS/AES games are not intentional. Think about it. Delays = No Income for a company. You can't ship when its not ready to ship. Me, I'm just glad the games are still coming. I can wait.

editor

n00b
SVC Not SNKP in USA!!

Dear All,

What’s the issue! SNKP did not have the MVS on SVC Chaos.

The Stinger Report ran a story and interview with Apple Productions who have been given the exclusive US rights to the game for amusement.

SNK NeoGeo (Amusement) USA has tried to hide the fact, and even ran a false statement about the MVS release till they were pulled up by SNKP.

The fact is that most SNKUSA releases will be JAMMA boards, and that Apple are one of the few able still to ship MVS cartridges. Though you collectors will get MVS cartridges after the fact from NG because of their relationships, but we amusement guys only get the boards!

If you want to get the MVS SVC early go here:
http://www.appleindustries.net/games.htm

If you are interested I could send the article about the Apple SNKUSA problem?

Cheers,

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Re: SVC Not SNKP in USA!!

editor said:
Dear All,

What’s the issue! SNKP did not have the MVS on SVC Chaos.

The Stinger Report ran a story and interview with Apple Productions who have been given the exclusive US rights to the game for amusement.

SNK NeoGeo (Amusement) USA has tried to hide the fact, and even ran a false statement about the MVS release till they were pulled up by SNKP.

The fact is that most SNKUSA releases will be JAMMA boards, and that Apple are one of the few able still to ship MVS cartridges. Though you collectors will get MVS cartridges after the fact from NG because of their relationships, but we amusement guys only get the boards!

If you want to get the MVS SVC early go here:
http://www.appleindustries.net/games.htm

If you are interested I could send the article about the Apple SNKUSA problem?

Cheers,

Nowhere on that page is SVC mentioned.

editor

n00b
Very Sorry

Sorry all, meant SS5, not SVC!!!!!!!!!!!!:oh_no:

I am now hunting out a source at SNKP (that was not hit by the quake!) that can give a reason for the delay.

Sorry again.:blow_top:

Robert

20 Year Member
Have you seen guardian storm, the shoot em up promoted by Apple in the website that one member has given. Have you ever heard about this game?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Just a quick Q while we on the Apple page. Can anyone figure out the link for the MS4 PDF document? Their link goes to the Zupapa flyer.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Re: Very Sorry

editor said:
Sorry all, meant SS5, not SVC!!!!!!!!!!!!:oh_no:

I am now hunting out a source at SNKP (that was not hit by the quake!):

hum, I never thought about that. There was that earthquake in japan a while back, maybe that knocked around their offices/warehouses/factories.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Re: Re: Very Sorry

c.t.h said:
hum, I never thought about that. There was that earthquake in japan a while back, maybe that knocked around their offices/warehouses/factories.

There are earthquakes in Japan all the time. We had one yesterday in fact. 99% of them are minor, and the last big one was up north, so I doubt any delays are due to quakes.

editor

n00b
SVC Delay!

Right, no excuse regarding the delay on the game was given by the quake, what was meant was that communicating with those who supply information was limited due to them scurrying around checking on friends in the north, and I would take umbrage that this quake was just more of the same, a number of communication lines, and warehouses did suffer minor damage, and it is reported that there will be a number of aftershocks.

The news seems to confirm what The Stinger ran in the forum back in August that SVC will only be seen on JAMMA boards for amusement, and at the moment though the AES version is confirmed as a cartridge, there is a growing possibility that no more MVS cartridges will be on the North American horizon. This is momentous news, and could explain the cancellation of the Taito / Aiky game!

There is a link to Apple in all this, it would seem that regarding North America they may be the only company that can run MVS at the moment (no idea if this is due to stock, or a legal embargo), and finally there is the reason of bootlegging with concern that Mexico will break the cartridges. This seems all too much like a copout as the main fact is that MVS development is expensive, and building a (Mexican built!) SVC JAMMA board is cheap.

The third week of November delay could be quite innocent, but being the Stinger we see the hidden rain in every cloud, and wonder if the AES release will be used to pacify the fan base?