Twin Peaks WTF is this....

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
So I watched the pilot for the original as the new one is due out in May.
Please tell me this gets better I feel like I'm missing why this was good. I felt that the acting was horrible and way over dramatic in the pilot. Maybe it is just to out of date for me.

WupWuh

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I rewatched it a few years ago and felt that the pilot was much more bland than I had remembered. It does get much better after the pilot though and I really do enjoy the series. The strength is really in the environment / atmosphere.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
You want to talk to BOB, djjimmyjames?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Please tell me this gets better I feel like I'm missing why this was good. I felt that the acting was horrible and way over dramatic in the pilot. Maybe it is just to out of date for me.

Twin Peaks is a soap opera. That doesn't stop it from being the best TV ever made. The pilot drags a bit. But if you like weird stuff, you'll like it. If you don't, you won't get it.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I watched the original on and off, its weird but I like weird. Good to watch when you're still drunk from the night before.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Twin Peaks is a soap opera. That doesn't stop it from being the best TV ever made. The pilot drags a bit. But if you like weird stuff, you'll like it. If you don't, you won't get it.

This exactly.

(Well, Season 2 goes sideways. And The Prisoner is the *best* tv ever made, but otherwise...)

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
This exactly.

(Well, Season 2 goes sideways. And The Prisoner is the *best* tv ever made, but otherwise...)

Hell yeah, The Prisoner! :buttrock:

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
I really want the new Twin Peaks to be great. Somehow...I think I'm going to be disappointed... :(

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Have faith man....just keep watching. It's a great show... PERIOD.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I watched it all. After they did the "big reveal" the show just got weird.

Never bothered with this show when it was new, and I can still completely understand that.

Sheryl Lee looked 1,000,000x better as a brunette.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Cooper was either an idiot or gay.

View attachment 44157

giphy.gif

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Is this guy judging a show by the Pilot episode?

Watch the pilots for some of the best shows in history. The Pilots are almost always a little rigid and forced. The actors do not have natural chemistry, and the characters barely have an identity.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Is this guy judging a show by the Pilot episode?

Watch the pilots for some of the best shows in history. The Pilots are almost always a little rigid and forced. The actors do not have natural chemistry, and the characters barely have an identity.

The second season is nearly always better than the first because by then the writers have figured out what works.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I watched it in bits and pieces when it was on TV, but the wife and I went through it last year or so on Netflix and while it was entertaining, the 2nd half of the show - after the reveal of who killed Laura, Bob, etc - it got REEEEEAL tedious. Anytime Audry would come up, even as hot as she was, or other ancillary characters that weren't Cooper, I'd just fast-forward until more Cooper. Its like they didn't know what to do with characters other than Bob and Dale. I'll check out the new season, but, bleh. I think it's a little overrated.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I am just amazed djjimmyjames has only 649 posts but we all know him. It's gotta be the username. Nearly 12 years and all that time but yeah he's felt like he's always been here.

Marek

Banned

We have a new target, diane.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
fuckin poppy in the house lmbo

Popperz tell us when and how and where you watched TWIN PEAKS