turbo express no picture help!

BONK

n00b
Well bought a turbo express recently got sound and what seems to be backlight is working, but im getting no picture! Anyone got any idea on how to fix this?

Last edited:

Jimid2

i party like its 2002, w00t!?
You could try asking over on the technical forum at PCEngineFX.com, but off the top of my head, I'd say you're pretty much screwed. I've never heard of anyone getting their screen to work again, though I suppose that it could happen if it was just a blown capacitor or something. Still, working on those little PCBs is no fun! Just tracking down the problem is a royal pain in the butt...

good luck

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I had a GT that slowly started doing this. It worked after it warmed up for about 5 minutes....but didn't work at all last time I turned it on.

I think they are all just dying off....sadly.

I am retiring mine and switching to PSP w/emulator. Not nearly as good as the real deal...but its easier.

BONK

n00b
well i checked it in and out nothing is damaged at all everything is in tact just perfect. Gusse I could get a new LCD some place not sure where gonna have to find out Think thats shot.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
BONK said:
well i checked it in and out nothing is damaged at all everything is in tact just perfect. Gusse I could get a new LCD some place not sure where gonna have to find out Think thats shot.

Electronic components can look perfect and be dead.

Jimid2

i party like its 2002, w00t!?
BONK said:
Last I heard it was almost impossible to find an LCD for these things - it has to be an NOS replacement one left over from repair parts somewhere, so they're really rare. I don't know (and probably wouldn't understand :) ) the technical reasons, but apparently there's no "generic" substitute - you can't just buy an LCD screen with the same resolution and plug it in and it will work...

BONK

n00b
Yea... I just bought another one working insted of messing around with this one damn thoe.... They seem to die alot hope this one lasts awhile.