Trump will win the 2020 election

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member

A great skit and one that people on the left side of the argument need to pay more attention to.

The anti-Trump rhetoric is impotent.

Even right now.

SNL has been complicit in this cycle of ineptitude ever since before the 2016 election.

We've watched it play out over and over and over again.

He's going to win again, and the broken record is a big part of the reason why.

The Dems are better off abandoning the 'beat Trump' rhetoric. It won't produce more Biden votes. People are exhausted of it.

Even now, they still give him fuel. They haven't learned anything in four years.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
A great skit and one that people on the left side of the argument need to pay more attention to.

The anti-Trump rhetoric is impotent.

Even right now.

SNL has been complicit in this cycle of ineptitude ever since before the 2016 election.

We've watched it play out over and over and over again.

He's going to win again, and the broken record is a big part of the reason why.

The Dems are better off abandoning the 'beat Trump' rhetoric. It won't produce more Biden votes. People are exhausted of it.

Even now, they still give him fuel. They haven't learned anything in four years.

If I could agree with you more, I would.

I've been asking Trump supporters for the past 2 months about him and those votes won't change and their love for him will not waiver.

Can you say the same for Biden supporters? How do you counter a movement of motivated voters when instead of asking people to love Biden you're asking them to hate Trump?

Polls don't mean shit. If you know some Trump supporters talk to them and see what they have to say.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
After 4 years of the 'god emperor', people know what they're getting and these are very turbulent times. It is my firm belief that people will be grabbing for the life preservers rather than diving into rough seas in hope of finding the island paradise.

I would have thought that a K-Mart version of the Obama administration would be the life preserver.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Just for the record, I'm "Ridin' with Biden", but I'm not convinced he'll be president come 2021. I won't like it, but Trump will win somehow, some way and then chaos and revolution will really happen.

I keep hearing all these extreme fanfic theories from people online, but rarely IRL.

Every election is billed as the most important ever. Citizens get all riled up about how their candidate is great and the other one sucks.

The most likely scenario is there will be an election, someone will win, some will celebrate, others will complain, and it'll be business as usual for the vast majority.

If Trump wins, libtards will rage online. If Biden wins, Trump fanatics will rage online.

The idea that America is close to a civil war is laughable.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Oh yeah. Right.

bOTh SIDES aRe tHe sAme!!!!!!!!

I keep forgetting about that.

:lolz:

Biden said nothing will fundamentally change and has made no concessions to the left wing Bernie bros. I actually appreciate this approach as it shows unusual honesty and that his balls are still functioning.

Joe has my vote.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
So you boys really don't believe in polls huh

I don’t follow them; where are Biden and Trump at these days?

I was convinced Trump would win 2020 after the impeachment hearing, now I’m not so sure.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Nationally Biden averages over 50%. For comparison, Clinton never reached 46% during the 2016 cycle. He's up by almost ten points, while Clinton was up by about 5 1/2 this time last year.

The national popular vote (obviously) doesn't determine how things go in the electoral college, but Biden's doing better than Clinton did in swing states as well.
Standard warnings and/or reminders:

National polls have been quite accurate, including in 2016.

State polls are less reliable than national polls. States that usually aren't swing states but are currently polling as competitive (such as Texas) are more likely to be inaccurate since there isn't a history of data.

With those very significant caveats in place, state polling today gives Biden 287 safe/likely/lean votes in the EC, 114 to Trump, and 137 tossup.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I still wish that Oprah Winfrey had agreed to run; she'd squash Trump like a bug. The epic, childish meltdown that would result from him losing to a black woman would be the stuff of legends.

I dearly hope not, but I fear Trump is going to win again. Biden is lame. Sanders or Bloomberg were better, albeit not great, choices. I'll probably vote Biden, but I'm not the least bit enthused about it.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I don’t know that I want more billionaire TV personalities in the office of the President.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
There's a huge difference, Oprah is intelligent and knows how to behave like a rational, compassionate human being.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
There's a huge difference, Oprah is intelligent and knows how to behave like a rational, compassionate human being.

I think she's intelligent and decent enough to know that for any normal person the job is a curse. There's no two ways about it you're going to have to order some people to kill and you're going to have to order some people to be killed, and then you have to live with that for the rest of your life.

I can't imagine how fat she would be by the end of her term.

xPussy left wing bigotx

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
I expect Biden to win, but just barely.

The wildcard advantage that Trump had is now gone, add to that his handling of the virus, the BLM protests, the unstable economy, and Puerto Rico. Besides that, Biden isn't despised nearly as much as Hillary, and Hillary still managed to beat Trump in the popular vote by ~3 million votes.

Still, it wouldn't shock me if Trump manages to win somehow.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

The wildcard advantage that Trump had is now gone, add to that his handling of the virus, the BLM protests, the unstable economy, and Puerto Rico. Besides that, Biden isn't despised nearly as much as Hillary, and Hillary still managed to beat Trump in the popular vote by ~3 million votes.

This part about people despising Hillary reminds me that in 2008, I was railing against Hillary for accomplishing less in 6 years as Senator than Obama had in 2. She was completely impotent when it came to working across the aisle without grievously compromising herself with favors. Biden isn’t Hillary.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

This is basically my current thoughts about the direction for the election outcome. Trump as candidate is a completely different thing than Trump as incumbent even if his base is off just a little from 2016, well that's Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and that's it for him.

Biden's big risk is that he's just boring, Clinton's was that she was despised (my wife would call it misogyny). It just seems like despite Biden being more of a career politician than Clinton, I don't think Biden gets as much of that 'slimy Washington insider' stuck to him. He's just a guy that's been doing normal government things for 40 years, but not a shady behind the scenes operative like was the perception for Hillary.

We'll see I guess, November seems a long time away still so one septuagenarian or the other could still put his whole foot in his mouth between now and then and make themselves look unfit for office. Biden probably the bigger risk here, in my opinion. Trump's normalized crazy to where you may not ever know if he is losing it any more than he already lost it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Maybe the biggest problem facing Biden as of right now is, he's not in the news (as far as I can tell). Everyday Trump is in the news, which makes more of an impact on commonfolk even if it's bad news. I really can't think of anything Biden has said that's been eyecatching from the past two months, aside from taking a knee like a month ago.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
What news site are you getting?

Trump is definitely in the news more, by virtue of being president, but Biden is in the news as well, mostly regarding polling, but also claiming he will rejoin WHO yesterday and other clap backs at Trump.