Trump will win the 2020 election

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Except The Fish's posts won't age like milk, unlike yours.

In 10 years, wasabi can just absorb this account into Bobak so I can distance myself from any opinions I no longer want to associate with.

Plus, milk sucks anyway.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
In 10 years, wasabi can just absorb this account into Bobak so I can distance myself from any opinions I no longer want to associate with.

Plus, milk sucks anyway.

Lachlan's opinions on milk make him the top 'L' poster on this site. You are alphabetically and lactically inferior.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I would like to take this opportunity to remind anyone in case they forgot or didn't know. If the Chinese invaded us tomorrow and they got treated the way police treated protesters they could technically be tried of war crimes.

Pepper spray a chemical weapon, illegal internationally

Attacking or provoking unarmed non violent citizens, illegal internationally

Targeted Attacks, corralling arresting news media press illegal internationally

Targeted Attacks on medical providers, aid stations illegal internationally

Detention of civilian bystanders with no provocation or justification, illegal internationally

I know there's got to be more

The Hague and Geneva conventions are dumb. Period.

They justify war by supposing it is something that isn’t inherently immoral and illegal so long as you play by the “rules.”

No thanks.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
The Hague and Geneva conventions are dumb. Period.

They justify war by supposing it is something that isn’t inherently immoral and illegal so long as you play by the “rules.”

No thanks.
Until you think about how many more and how much worse the abuses our country would get up to if they didn't have to keep up the pretense of working within those rules, and weren't forced to circumnavigate those rules secretly. If the US government could just do whatever they wanted openly whenever they wanted, you'd quickly long for the days of those conventions.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Until you think about how many more and how much worse the abuses our country would get up to if they didn't have to keep up the pretense of working within those rules, and weren't forced to circumnavigate those rules secretly. If the US government could just do whatever they wanted openly whenever they wanted, you'd quickly long for the days of those conventions.

We already do do whatever we want when we want.

Who would stop us?

The ICC?

The absence of say America being a signatory to the conventions doesn’t necessarily mean we’d give a green light to our troops to rape, pillage, and plunder. For better or worse our military is a professional organization under civilian control. Look at what happened in Vietnam when the troops did go off the rails.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
We already do do whatever we want when we want.

Yes, but it would be worse if we didn't go through the pretense of not doing it. For example, if we didn't at least pretend we weren't working on new biological weapons.

Never kid yourself into thinking things couldn't and wouldn't be worse.

Think of it like Iran's nuclear program. Bad. If they didn't have to pretend they weren't developing nukes? Worse. Think how much further along they'd be.

Of course things like this are a charade. But even a charade can have some benefit.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
More great voter outreach from poppy. Lithy posting fake news. No way Democrats would stoop to such skulduggery.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
He's voting for Trump in a swing state. He should be ashamed of himself.

I'm not of course, but simply through the course of repetition I'm concerned that you may have convinced even yourself.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Encouraging a voter to vote a certain way (also known as campaigning) is quite a different thing than restricting ballot access to 'unapproved' candidates, no?

That's a loaded question. We need to make sure that candidates are approved, but that the process is objective and fair. For example, Kanye being blocked in IL - was it wrong? No. Kanye tried to game the system with forged signatures. He should be in jail. If a candidate does everything right, they should be allowed on the ballot.

IIRC, in Virginia, there were many names on the ballot, but only Trump and Clinton were in bold. I might be wrong.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
For years historians and social/political scientists, assumed that people were able to overlook the nasty aspects of fascist authoritarianism because "the trains run on time".

But today, the "trains aren't running on time". The Mail is horribly late and americans are dying face down on ventilators.

Yet, the presidential election is expected to be close. Time to rethink the theory about why some people are so tolerant of fascist authoritarianism.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
For years historians and social/political scientists, assumed that people were able to overlook the nasty aspects of fascist authoritarianism because "the trains run on time".

But today, the "trains aren't running on time". The Mail is horribly late and americans are dying face down on ventilators.

Yet, the presidential election is expected to be close. Time to rethink the theory about why some people are so tolerant of fascist authoritarianism.

We're not living under fascist authoritarianism. Stop exaggerating.

Marek

Banned

That's not what he said. People are quite tolerant of it and are encouraging it. Right now its a slow drip, but Trump and Barr have nothing but authoritarian fascism in their end game goals.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
That's not what he said. People are quite tolerant of it and are encouraging it. Right now its a slow drip, but Trump and Barr have nothing but authoritarian fascism in their end game goals.

Too many bootlickers.

It's like racists supporting racists that kill blacks.

.. sounds like another organization...

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

Fascism is a socio-economic political theory.
Authoritarianism is a personality type.

And the president exudes both.

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
Fascism is a socio-economic political theory.
Authoritarianism is a personality type.

And the president exudes both.

Don't confuse him with facts. He's just gonna ignore the call out, disappear for a while, and come back with some sort of bullshit about Russia.