Trouble Witches NEO

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
An SNKP game with witches that doesn't involve touching them? What the hell is this

This technically isn't a SNKP game. However, I do believe it's possible to molest the shopkeeper girl. I remember hearing about something like that anyway. Someone who's actually played it can confirm.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Even Konami had to ditch the old Gradius style and go with the anime girls trend. But then again, they are Japanese companies, so their first and foremost target audience are Japanese.

Now that I think about it, the only recent shmup I've played that happens to retain the old school shooter style is Fast Striker. Traditional shmup series such as Gradius, R-Type, and Thunder Force have all met their demise.

You are definitely going to a bit of an extreme there. There may be much less in the realm of hirizontal schmups (that lack the little girl jap themes & sport air ships) then there used to be but they come up now and then.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
You are definitely going to a bit of an extreme there. There may be much less in the realm of hirizontal schmups (that lack the little girl jap themes & sport air ships) then there used to be but they come up now and then.

They're mostly developed by western companies (an example being NG: DEV's Last Hope Pink Bullets), or indie shmups on the xbla. Can you name some that come from traditional Japanese STG developers?

Last edited:

aria

Former Moderator
This technically isn't a SNKP game. However, I do believe it's possible to molest the shopkeeper girl. I remember hearing about something like that anyway. Someone who's actually played it can confirm.

I think we should write SNKP a letter asking them if such an opportunity arises.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

I thought you could do that in Blue's Journey as well.

NeoGeo-Qatar

Neo Jihad
10 Year Member
I've Downloaded the Trial but everytime i try to buy it it gives me this Msg

i don't know why !

Last edited:

Rig

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I've got 800 points sitting on my XBLA account; I'll pick this up tonight.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I'm getting NIN^2 JUMP instead; only 400 pts, & all proceeds benefit Tohoku quake relief efforts.

Goooooo cave!

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I've Downloaded the Trial but everytime i try to buy it it gives me this Msg

i don't know why !

Same here. I have enough credit to buy it. I thought it was because I'm in Korea. Same problem last night and today. A quick Google search reveals that everyone is having this problem and it's being worked on. What a shame. SNKP just can't catch a break.

Last edited:

Rig

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Played the demo tonight...and I'm not getting it yet. Just seemed kind of bland.

I also tried that Cave game and wasn't overly impressed with it, either. So, guess my 800 points are safe for now.

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Looks like the game can finally be purchased.

Really good from what I've played, looking forward to see what's packed in the full version. Those English voices tho, oh boy.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Since that's the current trend, the haters are but a minority. Otherwise poor sales would have kept it from becoming a trend in the first place.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
You guys do know you can change the voices and text to Japanese in the options menu, right?

If you find the gameplay bland, you're probably not playing it properly.

Gameplay is basically like this : use barrier to collect enemy bullets, destroy enemies before they disappear from the screen, deactivate barrier during moments of little/no enemy activity to recharge barrier, repeat until you reach the first shop, buy all spell cards available at the shop. From then on, use a "barrier -> spell card -> barrier -> repeat" cycle for the rest of the game. Always, try to keep your stock of spell cards full, and if the shops ever have any MP bottles available, be sure to buy them. If possible, try to have at least one spell card available when you enter a boss battle, but don't activate the card until a few seconds before you defeat the boss.

If you still don't like the game, then I guess it's just not for you.

Rig

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I got a 4000 points card as a gift, and decided to give in and get this one.

Still not digging it much. I am certainly glad you can turn off the dub with the full game.
I just don't feel like this is challenging. I really like a good shooter that I have to play and perfect and learn some timing. Granted, I haven't played through all of this, but, it's too damn easy so far!

I also don't usually care about high scores...and since the magic barrier system is specifically used to get coins (to increase your score)...I just don't find myself using it much.

Gonna try and play through in the next few nights. We'll see what happens.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
You can change the voice language in the demo version too. I already did it when I was only able to play the demo version.

Ninjatemper

King's Dry Cleaner
I got a 4000 points card as a gift, and decided to give in and get this one.

Still not digging it much. I am certainly glad you can turn off the dub with the full game.
I just don't feel like this is challenging. I really like a good shooter that I have to play and perfect and learn some timing. Granted, I haven't played through all of this, but, it's too damn easy so far!

I also don't usually care about high scores...and since the magic barrier system is specifically used to get coins (to increase your score)...I just don't find myself using it much.

Gonna try and play through in the next few nights. We'll see what happens.

Too damn easy? Really?? Let us know when you 1CC it then. I'm finding it quite difficult from stage 4 on. The final boss really beats me down too. Such a curse to love shmups so much yet be so damn awful at playing them :(

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
I am addicted to this game. I managed to no-miss up to the 2nd half of stage 5 and almost got a 1cc on Heart Pounding. I was playing for score too. My current score is over 61 million.

Rig

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Too damn easy? Really?? Let us know when you 1CC it then. I'm finding it quite difficult from stage 4 on. The final boss really beats me down too. Such a curse to love shmups so much yet be so damn awful at playing them :(

Eh, I almost certainly *won't* 1cc it. I don't usually spend that much time on one particular game.

I've got a console backlog of 20+ games...the less time I spend on any one game, the better!