Traded in my xB for...

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
So, today was the last day I owned my 2010 Scion xB.

I traded in on this.

1.jpg
d640.jpg

Those were photos from the dealer. They were taken before some custom stuff was put on, so it is a tiny bit different now.

I'll try to get a decent picture when I've some sunlight.

So far I like it pretty well.

2013 Dodge Challenger.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
looks great!

what trim line did you get?

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
it's the SXT 3.6L V6 not the big V8. Most of my driving is in town so I'm cool with that.

42,114 miles.

3.6 liter V6 DOHC engine
305 hp horsepower

So its not a super bad ass road machine or anything. It has a lot of get up and go and is nice and heavy. I was tired of getting blown around on the road in my previous car.

I had been looking at it for a long time. They had it on the lot almost 4 months so I ended up getting it for 18000 then I did my trade in and put some cash down so I didn't have to finance very much and got a pretty low monthly on it.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
it's the SXT 3.6L V6 not the big V8. Most of my driving is in town so I'm cool with that.

42,114 miles.

3.6 liter V6 DOHC engine
305 hp horsepower

So its not a super bad ass road machine or anything. It has a lot of get up and go and is nice and heavy. I was tired of getting blown around on the road in my previous car.

I had been looking at it for a long time. They had it on the lot almost 4 months so I ended up getting it for 18000 then I did my trade in and put some cash down so I didn't have to finance very much and got a pretty low monthly on it.

slick!

even the lower trim engines on the muscle cars have some solid oomph. 305 is nothing to be ashamed of.

that said, my minivan has 244 AND vtec. i'll bolt a supercharger on it and race you.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Nice ride dude, I just picked up a fully loaded 2013 Camaro myself. Excuse the girly bow it definitely gone now.

Camaro2_zpslwalgvfl.jpg

camaro3_zpsrhdymn6g.jpg

Last edited:

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
That's sharp. I would have seriously given more consideration to the one on the lot if it has been black. I'm not much on red cars.

They had a really nice camaro on lot. I looked at it pretty hard. It cost a good bit more. They got it pretty recently and weren't ready to make a deal on it yet, Its a 2014.

It was really nice.

1640.jpg

Last edited:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Very nice! I like the new era of muscle cars. I would have seriously considered one but ended up getting a Chevy SS a few months ago instead. It is the ultimate sleeper!

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
That's sharp. I would have seriously given more consideration to the one on the lot if it has been black. I'm not much on red cars.

They had a really nice camaro on lot. I looked at it pretty hard. It cost a good bit more. They got it pretty recently and weren't ready to make a deal on it yet, Its a 2014.

It was really nice.

I like what they did to the back end of the Camaro 2014 onward but hate the new front end.

Actually the Camaro was my second choice I was eying this one real hard but it was well outside my price range.

03-chevrolet-corvette-black-widow-chicago-1_zpsjk50dwwl.jpg

Last edited:

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
Corvettes are all over the place here. We're just a short way away from Bowling Green, there are a shit load of events and stuff for them. They are pretty sweet but, you really do see a lot of them here. Though it is fun to go to the Corvette museum and check out all the cars.

On a side note, My dad worked construction at the plant years ago.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Corvettes are all over the place here. We're just a short way away from Bowling Green, there are a shit load of events and stuff for them. They are pretty sweet but, you really do see a lot of them here. Though it is fun to go to the Corvette museum and check out all the cars.

On a side note, My dad worked construction at the plant years ago.

They are not so common in my neck of the woods as far as people actually being able to afford and own.

What options did you get with your Challenger.

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
It's not too loaded really. Mostly the base features with a bit better sound system and the keyless and remote start setup.

I'll post below the advertisement from the car lot. It's kind of silly how they listed some of the stuff.

"Come on down today and get into this outstanding 2013 Dodge Challenger! It is nicely equipped with features such as 18" x 7.5" Aluminum Wheels, 4-Wheel Disc Brakes, 6 Speakers, ABS brakes, Air Conditioning, AM/FM radio, Anti-Lock Brakes, Anti-whiplash front head restraints, Audio Jack Input for Mobile Devices, Automatic temperature control, Brake assist, Bumpers: body-color, CD player, Cloth Low-Back Bucket Seats, Delay-off headlights, Driver door bin, Driver vanity mirror, Dual front impact airbags, Dual front side impact airbags, Electronic Stability Control, Four wheel independent suspension, Front anti-roll bar, Front Bucket Seats, Front Center Armrest, Front reading lights, Illuminated entry, Leather Shift Knob, Low tire pressure warning, MP3 decoder, Overhead airbag, Overhead console, Panic alarm, Passenger door bin, Passenger vanity mirror, Power door mirrors, Power driver seat, Power steering, Power windows, Radio: Uconnect 130 AM/FM/CD/MP3, Rear anti-roll bar, Rear seat center armrest, Rear window defroster, Remote keyless entry, Speed control, Speed-sensing steering, Split folding rear seat, Steering wheel mounted audio controls, Tachometer, Telescoping steering wheel, Tilt steering wheel, Traction control, Trip computer, and Variably intermittent wipers. This wonderful Dodge is one of the most sought after used vehicles on the market because it NEVER lets owners down."

Most of the stuff they list there is pretty much standard on most newer cars. I like how they are making a big deal out of things like rear seat center armrest... ooh man that sold me. Trip computer.. has anyone ever used one of those?

My Scion had a bit better stereo in it in a way, but It didn't have as good of speakers setup.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Basically mine got Leather Seats, Sunroof, Navigation System, Heads up Display, Rear View Camera, Cruise Control, Power Seats, Remote Start, Bluetooth.

So have you actually broke it in. I only got mine up to 120 so far, not confident enough to put my foot all the way down.

What made you go from a Scion xB to a muscle car.

Last edited:

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
I think the fastest I've driven in it has been like 65. That's kind of sad.

I don't drive much actually, in six years I put just under 44k on the xB. Once a year or so I'll go up to Indy or a few other times maybe off to Louisville or Nashville. I don't travel a whole lot, and I had bought the wagon mostly to haul a little bit of stuff around.

I really just wanted something totally different. I thought it was about time I had something that may be enjoyable to drive rather than just something to get me where I'm going. I also wanted a few features I didn't have. I'm tired of having to go out to start the car to get it warmed up in the cold, I've got a satellite radio now so that's kind of cool. It's heavy enough that I don't get blown around when a semi goes by.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Nice ride dude, I just picked up a fully loaded 2013 Camaro myself. Excuse the girly bow it definitely gone now.

Camaro2_zpslwalgvfl.jpg

camaro3_zpsrhdymn6g.jpg

Day one being a Camaro owner & you're already being an asshole by parking in the no parking zone. :keke: (j/k dude)

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Slick ride dude. As a former xB owner, I know how great it feels to climb into something sleek and far less cube like.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I really just wanted something totally different. I thought it was about time I had something that may be enjoyable to drive rather than just something to get me where I'm going. I also wanted a few features I didn't have. I'm tired of having to go out to start the car to get it warmed up in the cold, I've got a satellite radio now so that's kind of cool. It's heavy enough that I don't get blown around when a semi goes by.

I like this thinking. I usually find that people who don't consider themselves car people have just never driven a really nice car.

Btw that car makes me ache, awesome buy man!

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
Here are a some pictures of the graphics that the dealership put on there before I bought it.

Also, I'm so used to my previous car it is taking some time getting used to this one. For where I sit, there is a huge blind spot so I have to be real careful when I change lanes. That and still trying to get used to the turning radius, also it is going to take me a while to be good enough backing up to parallel park.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I always loved the new look of the Challenger and Camaro. Nice throwback designs. I hated that Camaro design after the fbody ones. I wouldn't mind owning either of the new ones.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Here are a some pictures of the graphics that the dealership put on there before I bought it.

Also, I'm so used to my previous car it is taking some time getting used to this one. For where I sit, there is a huge blind spot so I have to be real careful when I change lanes. That and still trying to get used to the turning radius, also it is going to take me a while to be good enough backing up to parallel park.

How about we race for keys:vik:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Looks great, I had a Challenger as a rental a few times and ended up liking it more than I thought I would. I do agree on the blind spot, American cars in general seem to be pretty bad at that. As for the Camaro, I had one as a rental once, drove it a block and turned around to get something else. All the poor rear visibility of a Gallardo with none of the style.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
All these stupid, big American Cars. makes me sad we see so few on the roads here in the UK.

It's one of those things here, whenever you lay eyes on a Challenger or a Mustang... they're a complete rarity. They turn your head. And if they don't, then you should just fuck off back to your Citroen Picasso or Renault Megane Scenic and continue with your pointless existence...