tototek converter hack - Neo Geo to PS2 adapter

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
Looking at theanual for this....why in the heck did they map the buttons like this

Because the Neo Geo has simple wiring does anyone know if I can simply switch the pins on this and fix the button mapping? Seems like that should be easy.

Also before I get flamed I want to use a wireless Logitech controlleer on my CMVS.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The button layout is correct. The Neo Geo X got it wrong, in my opinion. The angle of the buttons on an NGCD pad is of course different than on an SNES or PS pad, but because the two controllers are meant to be held differently, they are simply separate beasts. The converter is wired for a more appropriate layout for the PS controller. Typically the square button would be attack and X would be jump, and this corresponds correctly with the A and B buttons on the Neo for most games. Most Neo ports for the PS follow the same custom.

The NGX layout is doable for me, just because I'm flexible, but it is more awkward using the the circle button to jump and the X button to attack than the typical layout.

Last edited:

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
I don't remember what the NEO CD pad was like, but you are saying they are held differently? Like you use your fingers on the buttons instead of your thumbs?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Yep. Both layouts work for me. In different ways. I just get used to both. The converter converts the Neo A and B buttons to the most appropriate locations on a PS2 pad. I don't know anyone who preferred playing the SNES using the B and A buttons for jump and attack. It was always Y and B, or in the PS's case, square and X.

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
I still dont get the Neo CD pad layout, guess I have to try one then.