Top Hunter boot? and yaton replacement cases. added pics help pls

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
dogtoy said:
I cover all of mine, but some people say that it is being paranoid, because the risk of getting enough UV exposure to corrupt data is actually pretty low.

cheers,
-DT

It only takes one missing bit to ruin your day in the form of corrupt graphics and etc

Pas

Camel Slug
creamcorn said:
Hi, someone said you should cover up the windows on the boot. I'm a noob and all but why? And cover it with what? I have a boot of Sengoku 2 from Yaton...Thanks!

The short and sweat answer is that windowed roms are erasable via uv light. So regular sunlight or exposure to any kind of uv light can degrade them over enough time. Covering the window stops light from going in and erasing or partialy erasing the roms. Personaly I use high quality black electrical tape to cover rom windows, cheap electrical tape gets gooie and slides around after awhile but good tape wont. You can also pick up little white or silver cover sickers to go over them from online electronics sites but I just stick with black tape.

creamcorn

n00b
Hey...thanks dogtoy. I'd rather play it safe and cover it up then! Its bad enough spending money on a fake-but a fake that doesnt work is worse!!