Too Many Games, June 26-28, Oaks, PA

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
What was his name? I'm from Lancaster.

Adam Hooper from something called 8bit Arcade, LLC. I have his business card, however, the URL for their webpage does not work. (8-bit-arcade.com).

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Double dog dare you, to turn up @ TMG, and say that to my faaaaaaaaaaaaace!

Man, if Jon comes and picks me up, I may go.

No snaps on the petro tho. cause I'd have to hear him talk for the ENTIRE ride.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Man, if Jon comes and picks me up, I may go.

No snaps on the petro tho. cause I'd have to hear him talk for the ENTIRE ride.

I'd seriously be down if you picked up the tab for the hotel. Ask Kurt for my number if you want to talk to me about it.

Jon

PS: As for me talking the entire ride, when I'm by myself, I have Hair Nation or BPM on Sirius the whole way to wherever I'm going.

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
BPM on Sirius

OMG its been forever i used to play Final Fantasy X on mute while I blasted BPM back when they played Cascada and Groove Coverage constantly

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
OMG its been forever i used to play Final Fantasy X on mute while I blasted BPM back when they played Cascada and Groove Coverage constantly

TBH, a lot of what they play is terrible. Not a huge Dubstep fan but, what is good is very good.

The remixes they play really late Sat. night are probably the best.

Jon

Coleridge

Pleasure Goal
What was his name? I'm from Lancaster.

His name is Adam. He owns a place called 8bit arcade. I bought a couple cheap machines from him, but he doesn't have a huge inventory. So, yeah, the arcade portion of TMG was lame last year. Hoping this year is better.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
His name is Adam. He owns a place called 8bit arcade. I bought a couple cheap machines from him, but he doesn't have a huge inventory. So, yeah, the arcade portion of TMG was lame last year. Hoping this year is better.

I feel like I knew a girl who was dating a guy who worked for Adam.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I don't remember the name of the arcade, but it's out by Whitecastle's. The top floor is all pins, and the bottom is cabs & drivers. It's like a converted service station garage, across a shared driveway area w/ a house.

A nice transitioning dude opened up the place so I could poke around...the 'arcade' isn't traditional tho-you had to make an appointment to get some time in.

Never got the person's name...

Did I meet Adam?

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
On the arcade front, TMG just posted on their FB page that they are having "over 25 Cabinets" courtesy of TNT Amusements.

A little over two weeks out at this point.

Stacey Adam

New Challenger
It's been about 6 years since I've been to the Too Many Games Convention. Is it still 90% focused on retro games and systems.
My teenage nephews were asking about it, but I think they would be pretty bored after the initial walk through.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
On the arcade front, TMG just posted on their FB page that they are having "over 25 Cabinets" courtesy of TNT Amusements.

A little over two weeks out at this point.

well add at least 7 from my end to that 25.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
What games are gonna be in them?

well they are cabs for sale, but so far some fun japanese randomness + final fight. games are just there for demo sake.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
well they are cabs for sale, but so far some fun japanese randomness + final fight. games are just there for demo sake.

I figured the games you brought would just be for demo purposes but I'll enjoy trying em out.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I don't remember the name of the arcade, but it's out by Whitecastle's. The top floor is all pins, and the bottom is cabs & drivers. It's like a converted service station garage, across a shared driveway area w/ a house.

A nice transitioning dude opened up the place so I could poke around...the 'arcade' isn't traditional tho-you had to make an appointment to get some time in.

Never got the person's name...

Did I meet Adam?

The arcade you're referring to is called the Pinball Parlor. I think Bob was saying it's only open on Saturday's.

Jon

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
The arcade you're referring to is called the Pinball Parlor. I think Bob was saying it's only open on Saturday's.

Jon

This just reopened last weekend and is about 20 minutes from Oaks in Malvern. They have a great selection of newer pins (Iron Man, Avatar, NEW Medieval Madness, Spiderman, Star Trek...) and a few arcade machines including a Neo Geo, I was there this past weekend for the grand opening.

The website says they have a new Stern Kiss pin as well...

http://www.pinballgallery.net/

Last edited:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
This just reopened last weekend and is about 20 minutes from Oaks in Malvern. They have a great selection of newer pins (Iron Man, Avatar, NEW Medieval Madness, Spiderman, Star Trek...) and a few arcade machines including a Neo Geo, I was there this past weekend for the grand opening.

The website says they have a new Stern Kiss pin as well...

http://www.pinballgallery.net/

I take it we're going there next Thursday, then?

Jon

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I take it we're going there next Thursday, then?

Jon

Sure if you want. We can stop at Wegmans for a bite too if you haven't eaten your one meal of the day yet :D

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
You mean the "pass out" meal?

After waking up at 2-3 in the morning, loading my car up, driving 10 hours to PA...question: would you pass out after having eaten? Especially when I have to be at TMG at 8 in the morning to set up...ughh...

Jon

PS: NOT looking forward to putting those PVM's in the back seat...

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
PS: NOT looking forward to putting those PVM's in the back seat...

Buy my PVM 1953MD, and that's one less to bring. I have a Sony G520 up for grabs, too.

$ For you-$40 for both. ^_^

Also: you can do better than Weggmans, lol. Lorenzo's steaks & hoagies are worth the drive.

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
You mean the "pass out" meal?
Yeah that one. Sometimes I'll be talking to Jon, look over and then look back and he'll be snoring on my floor just like that. I think there are more pictures of Jon sleeping on Neo-Geo.com than awake.

Also, this is known as the one meal that does not involve Werther's Original Caramels and Monster Energy Drinks

Also: you can do better than Weggmans, lol. Lorenzo's steaks & hoagies are worth the drive.

I can think of plenty of places to take him, but Jon is a supermarket expert, I wanted to take him so he can check it out.

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Yeah that one. Sometimes I'll be talking to Jon, look over and then look back and he'll be snoring on my floor just like that. I think there are more pictures of Jon sleeping on Neo-Geo.com than awake.

Also, this is known as the one meal that does not involve Werther's Original Caramels and Monster Energy Drinks

I can think of plenty of places to take him, but Jon is a supermarket expert, I wanted to take him so he can check it out.

Substitute gummy worms for werthers originals and I'm on the same page, haha.