Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 + 2 Remastered

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member

I loved THPS back in the day, played 1 & 3 all the time. These remasters looks really promising and I'm down to go back

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
1-3 are still fantastic games but I don't think I really need a remake. The OG Xbox versions are still fine for me. Had them on PS1 and later Dreamcast as a kid.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
My favorite thing about THPS3 on Xbox was the fact that I could upload my own music.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Some of the most fun i had with gaming! My cuz had the PS1 version, and later I got the DC version, also rented for the N64. And later he got the xbox version. All were fun but just preferred to play them on the PS1 since I found that controller easiest to play with.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Are they going to fuck with the physics or keep them like the 2012 remaster? I remember Grind Session in the PS1 days, lots of decent shit for skateboard fans!

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I don't trust anyone to make the original games justice. Will wait reviews or demo to roll in

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
as long as they don't mess up the controls like how they did with tony hawk 5, then i'll definitely have to check this out

the trailer was promising and good to see they seem to be keeping the og soundtrack in the game. hope they pull this off right!

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
one of my friend's bands was on the THPS3 soundtrack. Lunchbox Avenue.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Please... Stop with the fucking remakes already.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
People are kinda losing their minds over this, aren't they? Most of the series has been really fun, but if this is just a prettier version of 1&2, I'm gonna pass on it.

We need a new skate game. Session and Skater XL seem promising, but also a ways off from completion.

Marek

Banned
Skate 4 or gtfo

Tony hawk games were cool at the time, great soundtracks, but the gameplay is a joke. Press triangle to grind? Come on now...

I hate EA and all but Skate 2/3 are amongst the best games ever made. Infinitely replayable, expressive, super technical.

Why they are sitting on that IP is beyond belief.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
There is a Skate clone coming, forgot the name.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I am cautiously optimistic about that skate XL game. It is possible that EA took the Skate idea to its logical conclusion and didn't think it can be improved any more without it being another TH.

Marek

Banned
I am cautiously optimistic about that skate XL game. It is possible that EA took the Skate idea to its logical conclusion and didn't think it can be improved any more without it being another TH.

Well if thats the case all they (ea) need to do is make sure each generation of consoles can play a remastered version of skate in some capacity and then charge their cancerous micro$ for Chewbacca costumes and stuff.

Skate XL looks pretty meh. I'll buy it to support, but skate had that perfect mix of reality and total absurdity with danny way mega parks and crazy unrealistic fantasy jumps around the area.

If in Skate XL you can send a massive nosegrab air and seamlessly varial to a tailwalk I'll be thrilled. But i think Skate XL has their street/flatland game perfectly tight.

Remember the shark fountain jump in skate3? We need that shit back.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Yeah, probably one of the ones I mentioned. I don't think they can really be called skate clones, however. I haven't played Skater XL, but it looks oddly floaty right now, but character movements seem a bit more real than Session. I got Session on Steam, and it's like on the opposite end of the technical scale from THPS. That's what made skate fun - you could pick it up and feel like you were decent at it kinda right outta the gate, but then figuring out blunt slides (for example) made for a more in-depth experience. It hit the sweet spot between THPS silliness and being overly technical.

Echoing you here Poppy - EA can fuck off, I couldn't even tell you what games they've developed/published since skate 3, other than that pay-to-play Star Wars game that everybody was crying about a while back. The one property they've made that people like, and they seem content to let it fade away.

Marek

Banned
Yeah, probably one of the ones I mentioned. I don't think they can really be called skate clones, however. I haven't played Skater XL, but it looks oddly floaty right now, but character movements seem a bit more real than Session. I got Session on Steam, and it's like on the opposite end of the technical scale from THPS. That's what made skate fun - you could pick it up and feel like you were decent at it kinda right outta the gate, but then figuring out blunt slides (for example) made for a more in-depth experience. It hit the sweet spot between THPS silliness and being overly technical.

Echoing you here Poppy - EA can fuck off, I couldn't even tell you what games they've developed/published since skate 3, other than that pay-to-play Star Wars game that everybody was crying about a while back. The one property they've made that people like, and they seem content to let it fade away.

Well put.

I just looked up a picture of EAs ceo and he looks like someone that i would pay to watch be put in medieval stocks for a weekend.

Just has that look of an entitled fucking scumbag.

Who knows. Maybe one day we'll get the skate 4 we fucking deserve.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
as long as they don't mess up the controls like how they did with tony hawk 5, then i'll definitely have to check this out

the trailer was promising and good to see they seem to be keeping the og soundtrack in the game. hope they pull this off right!

Re-licensing all the music must be expensive, and might be at least part of the reason that the game is listing for $50.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I love these games, so I’m hopeful these won’t suck. But judging from the last few releases I’ll definitely be waiting for reviews to drop before buying.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I just saw this last night too, I fired up my old G3 mac laptop and played thru THPS2 as Mullen. Not sure if I'll buy since I can play the original, but I do like some remastered games like Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’ll take a look if the soundtracks are the original.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I'm not that excited about this (if at all). I liked the 2012 remaster but even then I sorta got bored and stopped playing.

Poppy's love for Skate makes me think I should have checked out that series.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I never understood how to 'play' these games. Then again, I'm retarded.

Would love for SSX to make a comeback in the style of the first two games.