FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I loved X-E back in the day.

This poor bastard will buy anything TMNT

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Yup, X-E rocked; read it for years! Matt still runs a good blog at Dinosaur Dracula, but it doesn't have quite the same level of creativity/zaniness that X-E did, but then, he's older (as we all are), and one's writing style/interests change over time.

MuppeT

War Room Troll
It looks just like any other caned food I've ever tried. :keke:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
That was not a sealed can. they are not supposed to dehydrate.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I thought canning food was supposed to make it last for decades. Plus all the preservatives in it. It should not look like that. Are we sure he did not just shit in a can and dry it out? It also looks like fruit cake:conf:

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I thought canning food was supposed to make it last for decades. Plus all the preservatives in it. It should not look like that. Are we sure he did not just shit in a can and dry it out? It also looks like fruit cake:conf:

Lmao! I bet still tastes like chef boyardee too.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member

Canned food can last a long time since most bacteria do not flourish in anaerobic conditions, plus with all the preservatives like you mentioned.

The acidic nature of the pasta ate through the aluminum and created what we saw. I wonder when he opened it if it was still air tight, or if the seal was broken from all the rust.

With this in mind, this is why you always want to hear a popping noise when opening any can food since if it isn't sealed properly you're probably going to get fuckled.

Last edited:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I thought canning food was supposed to make it last for decades.

Wasn't there an Antarctic expedition in the late 19th Century where they tried bringing all/most of their food in cans? IIRC, their boat ended up getting stuck in the ice. No worries, right? We have canned food. Wrong. The cans ended up rusting eventually and they all caught some disease that made their skin turn black.

I wish I could remember what this was called. It was one of the very few times I caught something on PBS that didn't make me want to shoot the TV...

Jon

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member

i actually got my mum to buy it for me once. didn't like it, as well as every other turtle based food product.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Wasn't there an Antarctic expedition in the late 19th Century where they tried bringing all/most of their food in cans? IIRC, their boat ended up getting stuck in the ice. No worries, right? We have canned food. Wrong. The cans ended up rusting eventually and they all caught some disease that made their skin turn black.

I wish I could remember what this was called. It was one of the very few times I caught something on PBS that didn't make me want to shoot the TV...

Jon
Seen something similar in the Arctic with Franklin's lost expedition. They got stuck in the ice and deaths were contributed to hypothermia and lead poisoning, initially thought to mostly come from poorly soldered tin cans but also from the ship's distilled water system. Cannibalism was said to have taken place.

In the 1800's food was put in tin cans and then sealed with lead solder to keep them preserved. If the solder was too thin, air could contaminate and spoil the food. Too much solder and the lead drips into the food and if eaten, leads to lead poisoning. Yummers!

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
The cans in the early days where sealed with lead. They where also eating liver and receiving heavy doses of the toxins filtered their.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Since cars in the walking dead still have good gas and good batteries after 5 years, I imagine that the canned goods on that show will last for a century.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I agree the acids had to create even just a pinprick of a hole in the can to dry it out to look like that. Damn mess looks like someone canned a horse turd, that or Raph there REALLY had to go.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Since cars in the walking dead still have good gas and good batteries after 5 years, I imagine that the canned goods on that show will last for a century.

You know...that really bothers the crap out of me. Without some stabilizer, that gas would be long since DOA.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Seen something similar in the Arctic with Franklin's lost expedition. They got stuck in the ice and deaths were contributed to hypothermia and lead poisoning, initially thought to mostly come from poorly soldered tin cans but also from the ship's distilled water system. Cannibalism was said to have taken place.

In the 1800's food was put in tin cans and then sealed with lead solder to keep them preserved. If the solder was too thin, air could contaminate and spoil the food. Too much solder and the lead drips into the food and if eaten, leads to lead poisoning. Yummers!
I believe it was the Romans who loved lead lined pots and pans. It apparently imbued a delicious flavor into food that anyone, who was anyone and could afford a set had some.

The loss of motor functions was just an added bonus.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
yeah, posted the ashens video to show the people who were wondering if pasta actually petrifies many years after the expiry date.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
yeah, posted the ashens video to show the people who were wondering if pasta actually petrifies many years after the expiry date.

it can and it does if a leak forms in the can.