TMNT GBA game looks pretty sweet

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I dunno, looks like it could be an average beat 'em up, just like the rest of the GBA TMNT games.

It definitely lacks that Konami style.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
LoneSage said:
I dunno, looks like it could be an average beat 'em up, just like the rest of the GBA TMNT games.

It definitely lacks that Konami style.

The other TMNT games are side scrollers though. Nothing like the arcade games at all.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Nesagwa said:
The other TMNT games are side scrollers though. Nothing like the arcade games at all.

Yea, this one works more like River City Ransom.

BIG

sony fanboy
zzzzzzz..

why don't they just port over the original arcade game?

B-

hermosaguy

Geese's Thug
I remember the first one for the original gameboy...The game was so horrible but I had to keep playing it because it was the Ninja Turtles!

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
Well fuck me! I'm gonna have to buy another DS to play this on!
I noticed there was no throwing in the video (except for picking up downed enemies). That definitely sucks.

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
IMO nothing touches the arcade jamma version of TMNT. Thank god i have one :)

NM i just watched the video and that game looks sweet. I was thinking it would be a home port of the arcade version but it looks better than that. It combines elements from river city ransom and a few other well known games. God i wish they'd redo river city ransom, i miss that game.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
yeah, no Konami = very cautious of this one.

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Thanks for posting this. I had no idea there was going to be a new TMNT game on GBA. It looks like it'll be a fun game. I'll probably pick it up.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
There is a DS version too, anyone know if it is the same as GBA except with DS enhancements?

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
Lastblade said:
There is a DS version too, anyone know if it is the same as GBA except with DS enhancements?

No and stay away. it's a 3d game.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
BIG said:
Too bad it blew goatse.

B-

How so? I've played it a bunch. Seems like the same game, except there are ton of new abilities, new bosses, and increased challenge. I definately thought it was worthwhile.

Matt

BIG

sony fanboy
Force said:
How so? I've played it a bunch. Seems like the same game, except there are ton of new abilities, new bosses, and increased challenge. I definately thought it was worthwhile.

Matt

I don't know.

I guess I was expecting a bit more than just the same old game with minimal upgrades.

B-

Force

20 Year Member
BIG said:
I don't know.

I guess I was expecting a bit more than just the same old game with minimal upgrades.

B-

The game was already phenominal. The only thing they could have done without fucking it up was minimal upgrades.

Matt

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Looks kinda boring and clearly uninspired to me. I'll stick with Super Nintendo for the time being. If I want to play a portable beat em up I'll play Final Fight One.

StealthNinjaScyther

New Challenger
The ROM is out now. Plays nothing like the old arcade games, it really does play like RCR. Good variety of moves and weapons. It might just be that I'm a huge turtles fan, but I'm really enjoying it. Went ahead and ordered the real thing.

BIG

sony fanboy
Played it a bit just now.

Much,much better than its 3-D counterparts.

For all you gpSP users,it works like a charm!

B-

Force

20 Year Member
I played this a little last night. It's a decent beat em em up, but nothing special.

Matt

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
the game seems, nice if it comes down to a reasonable price i may pick it up.