Tips for beating Grant in MotW?

I can get to Grant without any problem but once I fight him he just beats my ass. Is there any strategies for taking him out? I usually play as Terry. Any tips would be appreciated

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
quickie suggestion:

when he wiffs with that rising palm move of his, rush in and make him pay for it

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Keep constant pressure on him and learn to just defend his specials. They are pretty slow to come out so it's not that difficult with practice.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
firebomber said:
Keep constant pressure on him and learn to just defend his specials. They are pretty slow to come out so it's not that difficult with practice.

Yeah, as soon as you get his attacking patterns, he's quite easy to beat.

ken_dong

Sakura's Bank Manager
'Rock you' followed by qcf*2 + A or C, yeah, it works, especially if u quickly charge the Super meter using fireballs and braked Power Dunks ^___^.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I use Marco Rodriguez to beat GRant, it's quite easy. When he's on the ground, keep him at bay with the haohken, and when he takes to the air you use his kick special that goes up in the air and swipes down, not unlike a higher crack shoot. Because Grant's specials come out slowly, it's quite easy to block as long as you keep a distance and practice those Just Defends.

thanks for all the tips everyone. I think its just gonna take time to figure him out and figure out the best times to strike. I'm still extremley new to the game as I've probably only played it for a total of 4 hours. I'll get him eventualy.

ken_dong

Sakura's Bank Manager
eight one said:
Abuse the Power Dunk. If you must jump in, try to hit deep.
That's right, Strong Power Dunk > God.
Power Charge is also good in order to constantly attack him ^^.

ukyomaru

n00b
when your close to him watch for his away shoulder to "dip" and beat him down accordingly.

What gives?!! I finally beat Grant on my very last credit and that was the end... No Kain? I didn't use any of the help things, I alwasy pressed D for "normal game".

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Tuesdaythe10th said:
What gives?!! I finally beat Grant on my very last credit and that was the end... No Kain? I didn't use any of the help things, I alwasy pressed D for "normal game".

You need to get an average grade of AAA or S to fight Kain.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Lord, just defend stuff.
Its easy as hell, you can go at your own speed rate when it impacts for multi's.
No clue what the deal is.

Grant is a uber stupid boss.

Q

qube

If you want to play just to see Kain, use Hotaru and just qcb+B/D all day long on Grant. When you knock him down occasionally, then qcf+A/C for some extra cheese ;)

Q-

Master Giby said:
You need to get an average grade of AAA or S to fight Kain.

Ahh that is beat. I've kicked Grant's ass twice now but I guess I didn't have a good enough average both times. :blow_top:

CHRiZ-77

Gal Ageise's Demon
You´ve Probz by beating that Boss???

He´s one of the easiest SNK-Bosses ever Pal! :rolleyes:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Been a while since I played MOTW... but with Butt I think he has a combo like jump D, crouch bx2-3 (depends on if cornered). I remember when I had trouble getting to Kain before I'd abuse this on Grant since he seemed to fall for it a lot.