thoughts on tecmo 96'

$CASHMONEY$

Edo Express Delivery Guy
thinkin about pickin this up and was wanting to hear how this game stacks up with all the other soccer games... i'm sure its not unlike any other title by too much though....

$CASHMONEY$

Edo Express Delivery Guy
so after my first post i went ahead and bought it (from the neo-store) and it just came in today.... and yeah its classic arcade soccer.. has its ups over super sidekicks, as well as some flaws.. but overall its pretty damn fun... might try to write a review for it sometime...

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
A soccer game is the one thing my Neo collection is really missing. I've sold a good portion of my titles simply because I never played them, so I'm trying to stick to just the best around. What's the generally accepted best soccer/football game on Neo? Ultimate 11 or Tecmo 96?

$CASHMONEY$

Edo Express Delivery Guy
i'm sure ultimate 11 will be the general answer (i can't say since i've never played that one)... but unless your really picky about your soccer titles i'd bet you'll be pretty happy with any of the sidekick titles (since the first 3 can be had with relative ease)... shit now i'm gonna have to go see just how many soccer titles are on the neo...

madman

There's the 4 sidekicks games, tecmo 96 and the neo road to the world cup 98 or whatever the hell that is. One of my favorite soccer games was sensible soccer on the SNES...graphics were horrible but the gameplay felt perfect.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Y'all are missing one: Soccer Brawl.

So that makes Super Sidekicks 1-4, Tecmo 96, Neo Geo Cup 98, and Soccer Brawl. 7 Soccer games

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Please what about Goal Goal Goal, and pleasure soccer?!

The more popular and perhpas best soccer game is the Neo Cup 98, I find it more complete and better suited than Ultimate 11, 'cause I feel the power bar can be quite unfair in competitive play.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Goal Goal Goal is pretty average because it's Visco, and you can't expect much. Pleasure Goal is quite good, and I highly recommend it. I really don't care for Tecmo '96 much at all -- there just isn't enough variety to the gameplay and the voices are annoying. Soccer Brawl is fun as an old school, more simple game concept with rocking Neo tunes. Ultimate 11 is probably the overall best, but the Sidekicks series gets a little old after five installments, and some will no doubt argue that earlier installments were better.

$CASHMONEY$

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Goal Goal Goal is pretty average because it's Visco, and you can't expect much. Pleasure Goal is quite good, and I highly recommend it. I really don't care for Tecmo '96 much at all -- there just isn't enough variety to the gameplay and the voices are annoying. Soccer Brawl is fun as an old school, more simple game concept with rocking Neo tunes. Ultimate 11 is probably the overall best, but the Sidekicks series gets a little old after five installments, and some will no doubt argue that earlier installments were better.

your spot on with the voices in '96.....fucking amazing how bad it is...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Ultimate 11 has the power shot, which is cheap as hell 'cause it guarantees a goal! Man that's a lot less fun that tsruggling to get a goal the natural way...with skill! like in Neo Cup 98, althoug almost identical to SSIII, it still has more teams and arenas, a notion that good old taku filled me in a few years ago.

I only metioned the other 2 games 'cause some noob was making a list missing them. Goalx3 is lame I know, but it's still a soccer game for the Neo and needs to be counted. Tecmo 96 is cool 'cause it has a more intircate pass system, I like that and it keeps me coming back 'cause of the difference, but I still preffer NC98, now I love Ultimate 11 and all, but sometimes I feel the "extra" zooming takes away from manuevering your team a bit more efficiently, plus what I stated earlier about the power shot makes me a bit disdain from this game, but I still like it. Yeah Pleasure Goal is the shit!

Last edited:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
i have super sidekicks 2 and I really love that game. I love how in the cutscenes the different players are all just the same japanese players with different color skin.

I also really dig Neo Cup 98, but I never got around to getting a cart.

Its what electricgrave said though, they're all good. The Neo Geo is one of my favorite systems for sports games. Overall, my favorite sports game is probably still NBA Jam. lol.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I like NBA JAM but I just love Street Hoops, not 'cause is on the Neo or anything, I just like the more responsive controls in it, NBA JAM feels a bit too floaty for me at times.

madman

NBA Jam TE is the highlight of arcade basketball gaming.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
There's the 4 sidekicks games, tecmo 96 and the neo road to the world cup 98 or whatever the hell that is. One of my favorite soccer games was sensible soccer on the SNES...graphics were horrible but the gameplay felt perfect.

Sensible soccer was a great game,i should buy it again for my snes.
Sweet memories.

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
its a shitty little game thats aged very very badly even for an arcade soccer game
Hell all 4 of the sidekicks games still have some merit but this turd doesnt.
Virtua striker 98 in my opinion will always be the best arcade soccer game and virtua striker 3 holds up to any evolution game