Those with kids.... Birthday parties

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
When I was a kid, you didn't invite kids at school.

Your mom's called their parents directly.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I have a 4 year old, and the way I do it is we bring cupcakes or something to the school and the class can have a party there, then on the weekend we can have a smaller party somewhere with non-school family and friends. I think it works best that way, it's hard to find a place to accommodate 20 kids without paying an arm and a leg.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
You could also bring a peanut butter sandwich to school when I was a kid. That shit doesn't fly anymore.

Our school has Peanut Butter free tables that are signed with big peanuts and a slash through them.

Spoiler:
this is not a joke

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Our school has Peanut Butter free tables that are signed with big peanuts and a slash through them.

Spoiler:
this is not a joke

My daughter's daycare is a peanut free zone. Signs posted outside with the no smoking signs. It's crazy.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I don't know what's worse. Being a parent in this day and age, or being a kid. This all sounds fucking horrendous.

This. I get to hear about people's kids all day long from my soccer mom customers and facebook postings. Yea - we get it, you're proud of your kid and yea, you took pictures; nobody cares about it but you.

I admit I like to hear about what my little cousins are doing, and thankfully, I only spend time looking at it on facebook for a few minutes.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Seriously, what's up with peanut allergies all of a sudden? When I was a kid, I didn't know anyone who had one, and now I know multiple people who have kids that are deathly allergic.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Our Dr told us that a study came out in the late 90s/Early 2000s that utged pregnant women to minimize they're exposure to peanuts as it led to a peanut allergy. The same study also suggested staying away from coffee and cold cuts. Throughout most of the 2000s Drs followed suite with this and made women adhere to these guidelines. While the cold cuts and coffee are still on the no list, Drs now think the lack of exposure to peanuts caused the drastic increase in peanut allergies. It was one of the first things he recommended we have our daughter try actually.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Our Dr told us that a study came out in the late 90s/Early 2000s that utged pregnant women to minimize they're exposure to peanuts as it led to a peanut allergy. The same study also suggested staying away from coffee and cold cuts. Throughout most of the 2000s Drs followed suite with this and made women adhere to these guidelines. While the cold cuts and coffee are still on the no list, Drs now think the lack of exposure to peanuts caused the drastic increase in peanut allergies. It was one of the first things he recommended we have our daughter try actually.

Our doctor told us the same thing - get trying them on peanuts early or you might end up regretting it.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
my best friend has twins who are 5 now (unofficial nieces). I end up going to their birthday parties. You see the every kid invite thing happen, then the kids break down into their normal cliques. The funny thing is that my friend cant stand one or two of the parents who come to this thing.

plus sugary snacks seem to be on the decline- his last kids party was fresh fruit, hummus plates, veggie stix (instead of chips), etc..

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
my best friend has twins who are 5 now (unofficial nieces). I end up going to their birthday parties. You see the every kid invite thing happen, then the kids break down into their normal cliques. The funny thing is that my friend cant stand one or two of the parents who come to this thing.

plus sugary snacks seem to be on the decline- his last kids party was fresh fruit, hummus plates, veggie stix (instead of chips), etc..

Fuck that noise. It's your child's birthday, not everyone else's. I for one will not be catering to these other parents. It's one of the few big days a year for a kid, so cake and soda is gonna be on the menu. If these parents don't want their kids eating sugar, they are more then welcomed to stay home.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Fuck that noise. It's your child's birthday, not everyone else's. I for one will not be catering to these other parents. It's one of the few big days a year for a kid, so cake and soda is gonna be on the menu.

you forgot pizza, you savage.

If these parents don't want their kids eating sugar, they are more then welcomed to stay home.

often if there is a kid with food allergies/ stupid parents who refuse to let their kids eat stuff even though there is no allergy- those kids often 'brown bag' it to there complete with a special dietary cupcake.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Ohhh man, Pizza allergy...that would be rough.