This week on PLAYMORE (8 news SVC chars)

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
burn.:
hi, i dont know if this has been asked yet, but is tabasa that one wizard lookin chick from puzzle fighter? what game is she from?
She's from Warzard, or also known as Red Earth in the US English version.

burn.

n00b
damn warzard either mustve been an OLD game like right after sf3 or maybe before, since its a cps3 game, because she was in puzzle fighter (or was it pocket fighter?) and that game is pretty old. can u shed some light on this bokmeow?

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
burn.:
damn warzard either mustve been an OLD game like right after sf3 or maybe before, since its a cps3 game, because she was in puzzle fighter (or was it pocket fighter?) and that game is pretty old. can u shed some light on this bokmeow?
There was another thread on this, dig maybe a page back they talk about Tabasa and Warzard, I think it was 1996 maybe, and puzzle fighter/pocket fighter was like around that time as well.

Cdude

n00b
deathknight:
i think ppl should be happy with what they get.. sure this may not be the best neo-geo ever made but it's still going to be damn good.... btw can anyone make a wallpaper out of the characters glee ??

(still hoping K'is in it though mr_t )
Sure! here u go <a href="http://www.angelfire.com/linux/cdude/svc.html" target="_blank">http://www.angelfire.com/linux/cdude/svc.html</a>

<small>[ May 09, 2003, 03:28 AM: Message edited by: Cdude ]</small>

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
I want an 'old style' Cammy in the rooster. :)

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
You know I'm thinking Iori and Kyo should'nt have been added onto the roster because it reminds of KOF.I feel that Terry and RYO would have been enough of a selection.
DAMN! That would have been cool if they were not there,I mean if you want to make it a different game resembling nothing else.I could probably deal with Choi being there abit better without Iori and Kyo.
What do you think?? I mean,it's almost a certain that these two will appear in the next KOF and they are being OVER EXPOSED.Terry to Ryu and Ryo to Ken would have been good enough.
-BB

<small>[ April 30, 2003, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: BIG BEAR ]</small>

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
BIG BEAR:
You know I'm thinking Iori and Kyo should'nt have been added onto the roster because it reminds of KOF.I feel that Terry and RYO would have been enough of a selection.
DAMN! That would have been cool if they were not there,I mean if you want to make it a different game resembling nothing else.I could probably deal with Choi being there abit better without Iori and Kyo.
What do you think?? I mean,it's almost a certain that these two will appear in the next KOF and they are being OVER EXPOSED.Terry to Ryu and Ryo to Ken would have been good enough.
-BB
I would live without Kyo and Iori in another game. Terry = SNK though. Ryo is blech. A loser character from a loser series.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
EvilWasabi:
BIG BEAR:
-BB
I would live without Kyo and Iori in another game. Terry = SNK though. Ryo is blech. A loser character from a loser series.
Okay.. YES,I had just DL'ed this wallpaper and just felt that the game would be more interesting without the KOF duo. I would have no problem if Iori or Kyo were swapped with Ryo but YES,Terry=SNK DAMNIT!!!! He deserves more respect!
I mean it is reported that the next KOF will be on the heels of this SvC and I tire of seeing these over exposed KOF characters.I would have applauded Playmore if they could just have retrained themslves and used a minimum of two of the regular roster KOF chars IF this is indeed the final roster.
-BB

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
EvilWasabi
[Terry = SNK though. Ryo is blech. A loser character from a loser series.
crying Ow, my feelings!

You make a point though. While I like Ryo, I am always indifferent as to whether or not he makes any particular cut for a game. His suck quotient is so high in CvS 2 he may as well not be in it.

Totally agree on Terry. Terry does = SNK. Wouldv'e likes MotW Terry, but hey, I can still kick Ryu's ass with a red vest on, a la Mike "Sandwiches" Reno.

X

Y,
RyoGeo:
EvilWasabi
crying Ow, my feelings!

You make a point though. While I like Ryo, I am always indifferent as to whether or not he makes any particular cut for a game. His suck quotient is so high in CvS 2 he may as well not be in it.

Totally agree on Terry. Terry does = SNK. Wouldv'e likes MotW Terry, but hey, I can still kick Ryu's ass with a red vest on, a la Mike "Sandwiches" Reno.
Are you kidding me have you seen Ryo in CvS2? He is one of the few that can stand against Blanka, Honda and Bison because of his airfireall. I have defeated many people with Ryo on X-box live. Ryo = Tops.

<small>[ April 30, 2003, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: X ]</small>

Setsuna1982

World Her,
If you don't like Ryo... then

Terry vs Ryu
K vs Ken

K is in kof too... but he's more "underground" than kyo and iori. Althoug SNK tried to make him the main character the reality is that Iori/Kyo are thebig stars in kof and K is just behind them

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
Ryo owns. End of story. Sure he wasn't original, but he rocks. Well in KoF he is pretty damn boring but in Garou he is cool.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Mark of the Wolves:
Ryo owns. End of story. Sure he wasn't original, but he rocks. Well in KoF he is pretty damn boring but in Garou he is cool.
are you kidding.
hes definitley not in garou.
hes from aof not ff.

<small>[ April 30, 2003, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: rarehero ]</small>

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
rarehero:
Mark of the Wolves:
are you kidding.
hes from aof not ff.
Sort of meant Wild Ambition, not Garou in general. For some reason I hate him in KoF.

rarehero

20 Year Member
hoho. thats a wierd one.
duck was swell in there too.

<small>[ April 30, 2003, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: rarehero ]</small>

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Mark of the Wolves:
rarehero:
Mark of the Wolves:
are you kidding.
hes from aof not ff.
Sort of meant Wild Ambition, not Garou in general. For some reason I hate him in KoF.
FFS

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
X:
RyoGeo:
EvilWasabi
crying Ow, my feelings!

Are you kidding me have you seen Ryo in CvS2? He is one of the few that can stand against Blanka, Honda and Bison because of his airfireall. I have defeated many people with Ryo on X-box live. Ryo = Tops.
So you're saying that these characters that have charge type special moves that propel them across the screen at varying lengths are "overpowered" in CvS2, and that somehow, these characters are only Capcom ones? How fitting.

Makes me salivate for the release of SvC:Chaos - the day of reckoning will be at hand.

rarehero

20 Year Member
Average Joe:
Mark of the Wolves:
rarehero:
Mark of the Wolves:
are you kidding.
hes from aof not ff.
FFS
and man was he a bitch to beat.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
rarehero:
Average Joe:
Mark of the Wolves:
rarehero:
Mark of the Wolves:
are you kidding.
hes from aof not ff.
FFS
and man was he a bitch to beat.
On level 8 he can be a cheap slut.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Actually the whole entire ff series is known as garou in Japan. They named garou MOTW in the states for some reason, but yes the whole story is known as garou in Japan, much like Samurai Spirits and Samurai Shodown. Although, if he's a newbie, then he did make a mistake.

Cdude

n00b
I thought Garou MOTW was named "Fatal Fury MOTW" in the Stats. or maybe that was just the DC version?!

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Cdude, yes, that was just for the DC version.

The English home cart is indeed called <a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/snk/carts/us/motw.jpg" target="_blank">"Garou: Mark of the Wolves."</a>

Not that you can really see it very well, but in the grey star on the cover, you can barely make out the "Garou."

NickD

Frenzy Football Player
Ryu, Ken and Gouki are basically the same character with different costumes lol . They only have some differences in speed and fireballs. So far, the roster looks unimpressive to me (SNK wise, I could care less who Capcom puts in there). They need to include Clark in the roster and keep Yamazaki wink . It's strange to see characters like Earthquake and Choi being put out first when you have better ones who are still left in the dark frown

SiegfriedFM

Geese's Thug
Yeah, and Ralf and Clark are basically the same character in different costumes. Stop trolling since you have no ****ing idea what you're talking about.