This Wednesday Metal Slug 3 XBLA

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
The no red blood censored thing is stupid.

Even more stupid when you consider that your zombie blood-vomit is still red...

They couldn't even make it an On/Off option?

Oh well, I'll care less about it over time but now it's kind of annoying.

Online co-op and leader boards do more than make up for the white blood.

I'll test out co-op this weekend.

While I don't tend to like the "enhanced" graphical look they slap on 2D games, I think it's worked out much better in MS3 than it has in anything else.

Maybe it's just the overall speed/pacing/sheer number of things going on at once that is the MS gameplay, but I really haven't been annoyed with the look that I have been with other games like FFS and SotN.

And may God help you poor souls who are trying to play it with the 360 D-Pad.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Average Joe said:
And may God help you poor souls who are trying to play it with the 360 D-Pad.

Looking for a modded 360 stick now.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
TonK said:

Here.

This guy does awesome work, here's a pic of mine.

sanwa360002.jpg

Shit is AWESOME for VF5, SFAC, and FFS. Will continue to be for Soul Calibur IV, SSF2THD and eventually SFIV. Mic plugs right into that small hole under the top panel.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
As for this release of MS3, I was stoked to support SNK, but with the white blood I think I'm gonna pass. That's some really dumb shit on a system with the likes of Condemned and eventually GTA. It's 2007 goobers, no one cares about little red pixels anymore.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Loopz said:
As for this release of MS3, I was stoked to support SNK, but with the white blood I think I'm gonna pass. That's some really dumb shit on a system with the likes of Condemned and eventually GTA. It's 2007 goobers, no one cares about little red pixels anymore.

Doesn't bother me that much...

Its great to see it released.

The 360 pad is ass.

Thanks for the link, bro.

Mr_H

Rugal's Thug
TonK said:

You could always go with this...HERE

I'm thinking of picking one up. I've read some mixed feelings on it. But, I can justify spending $149 on a custom one. When I could just play the games at my cab.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Mr_H said:
You could always go with this...HERE

I'm thinking of picking one up. I've read some mixed feelings on it. But, I can justify spending $149 on a custom one. When I could just play the games at my cab.

I tried that one...it just feels too soft and unresponsive. Granted, it does beat the snot out of the 360 d-pad. But then again...so does every other controller in existence. What I wouldn't give for a Saturn pad on 360. Sega should crank some of those out and be absolute heroes to us suffering 2D fans looking to play stuff on 360.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
White blood? That's odd as the original Xbox release had red blood with no problem. Meh, I'll pick it up to support ol' SNK and because 3 is tops in my books.

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
According to Insertcredit, change your X360's native language to Japanese to get full red blood.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Abster said:
According to Insertcredit, change your X360's native language to Japanese to get full red blood.

No kidding? The old Japanese trick. Classic.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Loopz said:

I think you'd find unanimous displeasure from all gamers and not just Neo fans for the stupid move of leaving out the blood, but come on, if the online play is solid (no lag) then that coupled with the leader boards and the Achievements that are actually pretty damn challenging, the game is easily still in the top must have XBLA game list.

Abster said:
According to Insertcredit, change your X360' native language to Japanese to get full red blood.
That's actually hilarious. The blood thing is not a big deal, it doesn't affect the gameplay. Coop and leaderboards make this worth it.

daybona

Juz,
I may be in the minority here, but to me the exclusion of blood is a big deal.

Yes, white blood does not affect gameplay and leaderboards are awesome but a large part of neo geo games are aesthics. Also, it depends on the game. FFS was fine as that game has very little blood, but soldiers spurting geysers of sweat is not cool in my book.

I can understand how snkp is wanting to make the game appeal to as large an audience as possible, but they at least could have made blood an option.

Its funny, considering the age of gaming we are currently in, it seems like snkp is still in 1993.

Furthermore, although blood may not seem like a concern in MS3, it sets a disturbing precedent for the future. There will be problems if SS2 arrives sans blood.

Here's to hoping snkp provides a blood patch. Till then, I'll stick with my NGH, cab and rombox.

Spoonman1

Overtop Pathfinder
daybona said:
Here's to hoping snkp provides a blood patch. Till then, I'll stick with my NGH, cab and rombox.

I was about to say it, the good thing is that the game can be patched, now hopefully SNKP will adress this and give us the option for blood.

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
I suspect that they went for no blood to get a lower rating. The reason they give a f***? Marketplace now has age restrictions since the last dashboard update. I guess they didn't want to limit their audience. I wonder if this is going to be more of an issue moving forward with XBLA games.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Went through it with a friend last night ( my god i forgot how hard it is! ), it was all great except there is like the tiniest bit of controller lag when playing :( Still went through it all had some fun, nice to play some slug online!

Edit : Don't worry about the white blood! It Slug 3 online co-op!

I got like 15 minutes in on this thing, it is hard as shit to play with the 360 standard controller. I'm so used to my stick.

Another funny thing, the highest scores on the leaderboards already have 8 continues. Too bad it won't filter out who played the game on 1 credit.

daybona

Juz,
I just wrote an email to snkp requesting that they release a blood patch, and for them to include blood in SS2.

I encourage anyone else who feels as I do to do the same, and maybe they will do it.

Switching my system language to japanese is not something I am will to do at this time.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
daybona said:
Switching my system language to japanese is not something I am will to do at this time.
Oh my god! Going into the system menu and changing that one option! So hard!

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Neo Alec said:
Oh my god! Going into the system menu and changing that one option! So hard!
you're missing the entire point.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Whatever. I change my system language all the time. You can't get the Japanese voices in Sonic without changing it. What is the "point" by the way?

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
OK, so now I know that the Japanese thing works I'm happy enough.

The rest of you who aren't, by all means, discuss/rant/complain further.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
How does this compare to the Wii version of Slug 3?

Are there any loading lag times between sections / levels or is it unbroken and continuous like the AES cart?

Chunky Lover 53

Fio's Quartermaster
Loopz said:
Here.

This guy does awesome work, here's a pic of mine.

sanwa360002.jpg

Shit is AWESOME for VF5, SFAC, and FFS. Will continue to be for Soul Calibur IV, SSF2THD and eventually SFIV. Mic plugs right into that small hole under the top panel.
I picked up one of those sticks, It is the best thing out there for the 360. It helped my score in PacMan CE and it works great for MS3. That stick totaly solid a must for the 360 fighters and arcade games.:dragb: