Thinking of Making a Purchase at the Neo Store

GamersAbyss

Chin's Drinking Partner
I have some titles I have been looking at that Shawn has and was wondering what you guys thought of these titles

KOF 2003
SNK vs. Capcom chaos
SS 5
Metra Melee
Slug 5

I havent had the chance to play any of these games because I have been out of touch with the Neo world for quite a while now and would really appreciate some comments on these games and what people think of them and how you are enjoying them. Thanks for your time and feedback in advance....Sonny.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Out of those 5 games, the only one I would consider buying is KOF 2003...

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Sonny, nice to see you around again. To be honest with you I enjoy all of the games you listed, IMO they are all of high quailty. I think the prices on them are quite reasonable too if you're looking at MVS kits.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Matrimelee would be a very solid pick up. You purchasing MVS right?

GamersAbyss

Chin's Drinking Partner
Thanks for the advise guys. The title that really has me stumped whether to get it or not is SNK vs Capcom Chaos, How does it play? I have seen some screen shots but the backgrounds look like they are lacking in color like some old Capcom PS1 ports. How do you Street Fighter fans like it? Also Shodown 5? I am a huge fan of all 4 of the originals, liking 2 and 4 the best. How does this Shodown rate with say 4? Again thanks for the advise.

BIG

sony fanboy
I think the forementioned games are all pretty decent in their own rights. You can't go wrong with any of them,really.

Matrimelee is extremely fun,but I must say,it is not for everyone. If you're looking for a serious fighter,this might not be your cup of joe. However,if you enjoy games like WW7 or RotD,definitely make it a point to pick this one up.

BIG-

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
SVC Chaos is a good game despite all the "Haterz". *Just know the game cheats like a motherfucker and Goenitz is his usual cheap self.

MERC X99

gemen

Mickey's Coach
I own all of them except kof03. And I think MM is a unique game, and it's a fun game to look into. I will go with MM first, then KOF03. SVCC is probably my last choice.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
GamersAbyss said:
Thanks for the advise guys. The title that really has me stumped whether to get it or not is SNK vs Capcom Chaos, How does it play? I have seen some screen shots but the backgrounds look like they are lacking in color like some old Capcom PS1 ports. How do you Street Fighter fans like it? Also Shodown 5? I am a huge fan of all 4 of the originals, liking 2 and 4 the best. How does this Shodown rate with say 4? Again thanks for the advise.

I don't consider SVC a complete game. The programming is terrible as far as collisions go, and the game hangs, too (for instance, when both players do a super). There are some GREAT character designs, and a couple nice backgrounds (the forest, the naked place), but most levels are garbage and there aren't that many to begin with. The programming isn't there, so I don't think the gameplay is worth mentioning. The game could have been cool. It truly could have.

I just have to mention once more how terrible the collision detection is.

Division

Crossed Swords Squire
I've owned and played all those games, and I'd have to say KOF 2003 tops my list. In order of recommendation:

-KOF 2003
Solid gameplay, tones of characters, huge amount of replay value. A serious fighter.

-SS 5 (Well....SSVS I'd say..but its much more expensive)
If you've played any SS games at all, then you pretty much know what to expect. I've played all the SS games and SSVS is my favorite hands down. SSV has more or less identical gameplay.

-SNK vs. Capcom chaos

There are some out of balance characters and some issues, but overall still a very good game. I'd say its great if you plan on playing against friends, but Vs. the CPU it gets old quick.

-MatraMelee

This is a good fighter, pretty solid. But really more of a "joke" game. Its realy campy / corny. After a week or 2 you'll either love it or dump it. I would say to get Rage of the Dragons instead of this one. Pretty much the same thing, just not goofy. Plus a new english kit is pretty damn cheap:
http://www.arcadeshock.com/browse_item_details.asp?Page_Id=23&Item_ID=39

-Slug 5

All the slugs are great, but in the end you just keep running through the same levels over and over. If your into side-scrollers then bump this one up a few notches. Great game...but if your more fighter / competition oriented player you'd be better off with one of the above games.

So hell...if your on a budget, get RotD....lol. Good game and good price.

GamersAbyss

Chin's Drinking Partner
Thanks for the advice guys!! I really appreciate it :) I am a fan of WW7 just because it was so different so Metra Melee is going to be an obvious choice the thing is I will probably just end up getting them all. Truth be known I have yet to play a Neo game that I didnt enjoy so I am pretty much stuck buying them all...lol. Again thanks on helping me make my decision on which I will get first ;)

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
All the choices you listed are solid titles and worthy additions to any collection, plus they're all reasonably priced for new MVS kits. I think you'd be happy with any combination of them.

Good to have you back Sonny! :buttrock:

Mike