Thinking about picking up a Hyper Neo 64

chewurface

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I'm curious as to what I'd need to do to get this thing running in my cab. I have a standard, 2 slot US big red cab that is wired for MVS. The Hyper 64 I'm looking at is a revision 2 that has the JAMMA / MVS dip for the harness. Would this just be plug and play in my cab? My power supply is new, but I did not install it, any chance it would not have enough power to run the Hyper 64?

Also, I'm not up on the pricing for this stuff, and there isn't much on eBay to reference at the moment. The sale is for the board and all four fighters, everything is boxed and complete but one of the games. It's andy(some numbers here)'s sale on the forums...he's asking $350 shipped, which seems fair in my uninformed opinion.

Anything else I need to know before I take the Hyper Neo 64 plunge?

Thanks! :buttrock:

p.s. I read the sticky, but it's all revision 1 info. I searched the forums, but keep getting search errors.

SSS

neo retired
rev 2's are plug and play. no extra wiring needed. chances are it'll work fine with your PSU. The hyper ran on my mas supernova before I destroyed the nova for parts, and the nova didn't like running 4 slot or higher mvs boards.

SSS

neo retired
120 or less for the board. maybe 40-50 for bare carts. 60-70 for kits.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Sounds fair, buy it. Very fun system and it is already wired for MVS. Just mount it in your cab and you'll never look back!

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I never had the chance to play on the Hyper in the arcades but the opportunity has come up where I may be able to buy one locally that I am thinking of purchasing. My question is that I already know the Hyper requires a bit more power than my current MVS but I want to know about heat coming from this thing. Does the system get hot or overheat? That metal body makes me believe that it does but since I have not seen one in person, and won't until I meet up with the guy in a couple of weeks, I'm trying to get an idea so I'm not totally clueless going into it.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The Rev1 gets pretty hot but the Rev2 for me is not even hot at all, just warm like normal.