Thinking about buying an AES/CMVS for the first time: Questions from a n00be

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Maybe, but who wants to wake up as an old man still looking for a $3,000 video game?
(especially when that same game is available for $60, today in the other format)
It doesn't make much sense what you say because you could also have a mame rom instead of spending 60$. If someone is able to get a 3.000$ game in his collection some day, it will be a special game for the collection and the owner. The price is high but the game itself is rare.

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
So no Analogue Interactive fans in here?

Personally I think that wood is a thing of beauty and could never compare to plastic :) I also find it even more fitting since MVS are natively arcade games that they would belong in a wooden enclosure, like many of the woody arcade cabs..

Just another way to look at it.

chuckfu

n00b
So no Analogue Interactive fans in here?

Personally I think that wood is a thing of beauty and could never compare to plastic :) I also find it even more fitting since MVS are natively arcade games that they would belong in a wooden enclosure, like many of the woody arcade cabs..

Just another way to look at it.

The Analogue Interactive consoles are beautiful. I liked the look of the Omega as it was similiar to the AES. The cost of the Analogue also played a part. The extra $149 for the console wasn't too bad but I know I would have had to bought two of the matching joysticks at $199.00. Finally, my Omega shipped within a day of ordering and I didnt want the wait for the Analogue to be produced. Personal preferences really. I don't think you could go wrong with either product. The Analogue looks like an amazing product.

aesquire

n00b
I bought an Analogue CMVS last summer. I have never regretted my purchase. Of course, I place a premium on the tactile qualities of my belongings. The Analogue console and sticks are thick, heavy, and just feel like quality. It's a little embarrassing to admit, but I feel content just looking at the damn thing. They're not cheap, but you can see exactly where your money goes.

If you just want something that can play MVS carts, and you don't care about how it looks or feels, then you can find much cheaper alternatives. But really, I think if you're at a place in your life where you can afford to collect MVS carts, it's worth it to save a bit and buy the best console on the market.