The World Ends With You

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Well, I've had a few hours to play it during my trip. I slept most of the time on the bus. I only got as far as day4. I liked the gameplay actually. It takes a while to get used to using both character screens though. good thing for auto pilot mode. I don't have much time to play it though, so I'll probably have to put it a way for a while.

I am glad you are liking it. This is a great pick up and play game, due to the game being broken down into days. Once you get the ability to save anytime/anywhere, you can just jump in and play for short bursts. There is a ton of stuff to collect, so I will probably be playing this for some time.

On a side note. Even after my 30 plus hours of play time, I never felt like I mastered the combat system of the two screens. I really like it though.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Made this thread ages ago and just now got the game.

It's great.

Gameplay is a bit confusing but I'll get the hang of it.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Made this thread ages ago and just now got the game.

It's great.

Gameplay is a bit confusing but I'll get the hang of it.

I love this game but it seems to be a love it or hate it type game. I probably put in over 50 hours before I got tired of it. I would imagine that it would take for ever to collect everything in the game.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I can easily see people not taking to the gameplay style.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
ESPer Rank : B
ESPer Points : E (2701)
Noise Report : A (89.5%)
Master Badges : B (62.1%)
Item Completion : A (94.2%)
Play Time : 114 hours

This has become one of my favorite games of all time.

If only the character sprites would change to reflect the clothing they have equipped...

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
That's a lot of play time.

What setting do you use for the top screen?

I want to do straight Manual but it's overwhelming now and imagine it only gets worse.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
You should set it to Auto:Fast (if you have it available yet), that way you don't have to worry so much about the top screen, yet still have the ability to control it when you feel comfortable.

You might also want to try lowering the difficulty once you unlock the ability to do so.

If you still can't get the hang of the battles after a while, then I'd recommend leveling up your Pins/Badges by leaving your DS turned off (or cheat by adjusting the DS's clock).

This is really the type of game that you can play at your own pace. You don't have to use every subsystem if you don't want to.

Last edited:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Getting the hang of it now.

Just kept it on Normal and Manual and kept battling

Getting a lot of B, C and even a few A ranks now as opposed to all the D and E ranks.

Using a specific combination of Pins helped a lot too.

Very enjoyable game when you start getting a hang of the chaos.

MJ1984

Banned
Personally, I hated this game. It seems like all the things everybody else liked about it (music, graphical style, pin collecting) I just thought were annoying and tedious.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
This game actually looks really appealing to me. The list of DS games that interest me is slowly reaching critical mass.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Personally, I hated this game. It seems like all the things everybody else liked about it (music, graphical style, pin collecting) I just thought were annoying and tedious.

I'm actually not a big fan of the music and graphical styles on their own either, but they both fit the context of the game so well, that it doesn't bother me when playing it.

In terms of gameplay, it feels like a loot-based dungeon-crawler at its core. So if someone doesn't like those types of games, I can definitely imagine them not liking TWEWY.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
ESPer Rank : B
ESPer Points : E (3076)
Noise Report : A (98.9%)
Master Pins : B (66.4%)
Item Completion : A (98%)
Play Time : 136 hours

Missing only one enemy and a small hand-full of items. I'm only missing 6 secret reports, but I can unlock 4 of those at once (just need to figure out how to kill that fucking pig on Joshua Day 7). It's going to take me a while to master all of the pins though...

Last edited: