The Trials of Hibiki, A deep an emotional Last Blade 2 masterpeice

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
lol, ok that's a total lie, but here's the explanation.

Last Blade 2 has some amazing looking stages and I tried to make an image that was only the background art, with no UI, characters or anything else. I know this could be done easily with an emulator by turning off some graphics, but I wanted to try it from googled screen shots using Photoshop CS4's intelligent collage/blend actions. The idea behind these actions is that you can take many pictures of the same scene, and Photoshop will combine them and eliminate the irregularities (ie, people, cars, anything that moves from one frame to the next)

End result comes from not having enough screenshots, and not all of them being at the same zoom level (damn that scaling feature!). Amusingly enough Hibiki shows up quite often while, Moriya, Kaede, Setsuna and even Shingen, are completely nonexistant even though they were in many of the used screenshots.

enjoy!

3840663356_20452771cb_o.png

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Looks kinda nice but I still don't get point of it...

Guess our 'Creative' subforum would be a better place for it.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I didn't know Photoshop had those blend functions (I use GIMP, 'cuz it's free and I'm a tightwad).

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
I didn't know Photoshop had those blend functions (I use GIMP, 'cuz it's free and I'm a tightwad).

Nothing wrong with Gimp... use that solely. Lot's of great plugins and being able to script your own in somehting like python is awesome.

I've always wanted to get LB and LB2 backgrounds.